Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    my work gives me $25 one day a week to get whatever I want for lunch. They also give us $250 a quarter for office/home use...
    This is sweet. Did they do this before the pandemic work from home situation?

Once I move to my next job/city, I definitely plan to buy a nice desk chair. My current cheap one is worn out and not ergonomic at all for how long I sit at my desk.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

This is sweet. Did they do this before the pandemic work from home situation?

Once I move to my next job/city, I definitely plan to buy a nice desk chair. My current cheap one is worn out and not ergonomic at all for how long I sit at my desk.
      before the pandemic, they would cater a meal for us during lunch time one day a week. They also had a bunch of snacks and soft drinks plus coffee/tea in the break rooms. They even had some cereals with milk and almond/soy milks. Since they aren't doing that anymore they are funneling the money to us in different ways. At the very beginning they gave us $250 to buy office supplies and then around October of 2020 they came out with the $250 per quarter thing.

The next thing I'm gonna get is a UPS, living in Texas with these spring storms I can lose power and that sucks. I have the ISP modem connected to my firewall and then the wireless access points are then connected to the firewall. The UPS I'm looking at is around $200.

1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

$250/quarter is a lot nicer than the $35/month they’re giving us lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          $250/quarter is a lot nicer than the $35/month they’re giving us lol
          We are pretty lucky
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

Got the car back together, and took it for a few drives to break in the new clutch.
            The engagement is still really high, but with a little more room to modulate.
            I do things.

Comment

Its nice having free time.

I also like working from home. Im currently working from home, 300 miles from my home
              Same, been WFM for months.
              In fact, just found out today that I'm going back to full time.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                Yeah the plan is 1 kiddo for us, but hoping the next house allows for some room to grow and not be space strapped, both have WFH offices, and a room for the kid to grow into. Selling mine first, then if we find something sell hers after an offer is accepted is probably going to be the way we go about it. The Phoenix/Arizona market is insane though, and I don't think it's a bubble here so it's probably going to be try hard for something we really want but realize we're trying at the same time as everyone else. I know people who have gone over budget and have been searching/trying to get a house for months here. Some finally getting their house after putting in offers on 30, some still looking.
                The housing market here, DFW(Dallas/Ft. Worth) In one area, Rockwall(out side of Dallas) heard people paying $60k over asking...they didn't say the total cost of the house but still, that's crazy. Someone else said they offered $30k over asking and was outbid.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Most housing markets are going nuts now... its wild

Speaking of wild, my imagination is wild. Theres just an absolutely stupid project I want to build next. I need a lobotomy
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Most housing markets are going nuts now... its wild

Speaking of wild, my imagination is wild. Theres just an absolutely stupid project I want to build next. I need a lobotomy
                    We already get the F-150 here, no reason to import a Lobo.

Comment

lol nah... no trucks for me. I have wanted a Postal Jeep forever, but that wont be until I can own multiple cars as that would be vehicle #4 or something....

The next car for me is likely to be Italian, but who knows.

Today, no cars will be purchased, but tomorrow could be a different story
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Got something against truck owners?
                        I do things.

Comment

lol nah... no trucks for me. I have wanted a Postal Jeep forever, but that wont be until I can own multiple cars as that would be vehicle #4 or something....

The next car for me is likely to be Italian, but who knows.

Today, no cars will be purchased, but tomorrow could be a different story
                          Pffft, I'm already planning car #5.

Kinda want something more autoX/Track focused. NC Miata fits the bill. I miss my '06.
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Pffft, I'm already planning car #5.

Kinda want something more autoX/Track focused. NC Miata fits the bill. I miss my '06.
                            The time of the long unloved NC is nigh, even if they feel cheap and somewhat heavy.

Comment

I got nothing against truck owners, except for the ones who double park because they bought a truck thats too big...

Went and test drove a Lancia guys...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

So you want to own a Beta/Mortal Kombat character? Or is it something not officially sold by Lancia in the US?

Comment

Working...
                                X