No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im ashamed I didnt see it.... I was probably thrown off because I kept wondering if its pronounced "Coop-O-La" or "Cup-O-LA"
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I also did not see it :<
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        It's rather insane everywhere, but especially in places like Phoenix/Arizona. I sold my house last year and did well but in some ways I wish I had sold sooner then purchased our next house before the spike, we thought we'd wait a little bit to buy... welp that backfired, now we can't get anything like we once could have. My wife and I are going to sell the one we are in, then combine our equity and buy our next house that should last us for some time here, maybe till we want to retire (hopefully) but everything has gone up 200k+ that we'd actually want to live in, which means we will still have a mortgage and aren't ahead of the people who have cali equity or investors who are beating people to the houses on the market. And we aren't talking insane houses, sure there is a wishlist but it was doable a few years ago. Thanks Cali and everyone else who moved or are moving here. Making a backup plan too. Looking at raw land as an investment/retirement property near family far away from the big cities that isn't exploding like it is in the metropolis that will likely combine Phoenix and Tucson. I know people who lived farther out than I'd like to live, their houses are up 200k more than what they paid.
        It's wild man. I'm still in the same neighborhood and house from back in the day - I was renting from my parents with roomies when I was out of college and then ended up buying it for 250k 6~ years ago. I did a big kitchen/front room renovation and it's likely pushing close to $600k now. Crazy. Insane to me that houses off the 17 and bethany home (not the nicest of areas for the non AZers) are going for 70k+ more than what I got mine for. I think the apartments down the street from me are pushing $1800/mo for a single bedroom unit. I feel bad for people graduating college or in their early 20s, hope youre a programmer, have rich parents or you're living with roommates until you settle down with a SO and have joint income because you cant afford shit now. And honestly that goes for a lot of people if they didnt have a foot in the door in the market to at least build equity during this run.

I too really want to snag at least a 2 acre lot somewhere, our end goal is to be able to end up with a nice sized property. I care more about the yard space than the house size lol. Have a place for the dogs to run with a detached garage, big garden etc. My gf was telling me we should look at land in apache junction a few years ago and I was like lol that place is in BFE with a bunch of meth heads. Anddd that area is on the come up now, she always hiked in the Superstitions and was spot on with seeing where it was headed. I refi'd to a 20y mortgage two summers ago and want to get this house paid off quickly and likely rent it out. Normally residential renting seems like a headache, but when rent is over 2x my mortgage that's a different story. I would try and aim for midwestern med students that are too busy studying to tear shit up.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Im ashamed I didnt see it.... I was probably thrown off because I kept wondering if its pronounced "Coop-O-La" or "Cup-O-LA"
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I also did not see it :<
          Cup o' la. Also, you guys, missing an E30, and a touring no less, for shame.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I noticed the long roof, but couldn’t find the thread related to this lovely black touring....

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I noticed the long roof, but couldn’t find the thread related to this lovely black touring....
              Well, it would be hard to find a thread on that black touring since it's malachite green, and even doubly difficult since it doesn't even have a thread. However, I am pretty sure you saw it in the truck thread, but at the end of the day it's a pretty everyday sort of project with just stock replacement stuff. It's so normal I doubt you can even spot it in this parking lot.

Comment

I just see an empty parking lot and a rectangular bush
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I wonder if it matches the curtains?

Every E30 deserves a thread, at lease a members rides post.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

If not we will have more Hot Wheels as COTM because theres no E30 threads left
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

It's dyin'

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

As mentioned, It appears to pull more action.

I have a fear that people can't comment and talk anymore and just look for the like button...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Going to have to switch it up to Project of the Month and show off singular repairs or mods people make to stretch things out more

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Going to have to switch it up to Project of the Month and show off singular repairs or mods people make to stretch things out more
                            Hear, hear! *cries*

I have years' worth of photos, but because of that, it's an overwhelming task for me to make time to start. It all started in 1987...

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            I can't help but to hear this pronounced exclusively in an Italian accent. Cup-O-LAAA, AAYYYEE

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Re: Housing market.

A few wild ones here this week. Friends of ours bought a large house in a bougie (arguably) neighborhood for 586k at the end of 2020, and just sold for >1m

My old apartment (24x24' single storey 2br 1940s post war prefab special w/ finished basement, converted to 2 unit apartment on a 40x100 lot with an equally old 14x20 garage) went for 713k
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post

never for free. I need coilovers.
                                lmfao!!

Comment

Working...
                                X