• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks pretty good.

I wish I had a washer for parts
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Almost Halloween, my only plans are to go to work like any other day. Here's the spookiest e30 related thing I can think of...

Battery box rust! OOhoohoooo

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        Almost Halloween, my only plans are to go to work like any other day. Here's the spookiest e30 related thing I can think of...

Battery box rust! OOhoohoooo
        Not E30 prices? They will always be $500 cars in my heart, and I'll continue to drive them as such.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Not E30 prices? They will always be $500 cars in my heart, and I'll continue to drive them as such.
          We are the same.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I used an oven once to bake some high temp exhaust paint once... thats as wild as I've gotten in that regard
            I used my (new / propane) oven to try to bake off oils after sandblasting my manifold and HX35 turbine housing, which 1, smelled worse than expected, and 2, the humidity from the propane caused the turbine housing to flash rust.

Then I sprayed them both and took them to work to bake in the oven and everyone whined that there was a smell in the hangar.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I'm almost ready to give up on this dream. Is 8-10k ok for a rust free e30? Ahh I actually can't do that yet.

But I have noticed e21's can be picked up for 1-3k. Tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

I'm almost ready to give up on this dream. Is 8-10k ok for a rust free e30? Ahh I actually can't do that yet.

But I have noticed e21's can be picked up for 1-3k. Tempting.
                I checked out an E21 a while ago and I just could not get behind them. It was just a bit too old for me, but YMMV.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I checked out an E21 a while ago and I just could not get behind them. It was just a bit too old for me, but YMMV.
                  I do agree with the age issue. And less charm/character than an '02. Probably won't do it but with some styling it could be a nice around town cruiser.

Comment

I think you're best off getting something like a clean rolling chassis or something that needs work, and even then... yeah it's going to cost you more than what it should.

But I'm also of the non-purist variety, and if you're not keeping the engine that came in it... then why pay for a running car.

(PS - I probably should have used my own advice there but... ohwell).
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

This thread contains far too much sense.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211227_054908.png
Views:	692
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	10074777

Comment

I like how E21s look, but I'm too worried about parts availability and aftermarket support. E30 seems to be the point where things start to get reasonable.

Probably not buying another, have 2 and will probably ditch one once I've had my fun.

Probably going to be on r3v more for the next few weeks because I broke my leg commuting on my bike.
                        I've been riding up until first snowfall for 3 years now, as long as it's dry out. Early Nov was warmer than usual until one day a week ago basically I lowsided at ~15kph at the end of my street on cold tires at 7AM and did a number on my knee.
                        So yeah, not really many hobbies out there that involve keeping your leg up, so I'll finally get to catch up on r3v and Youtube, you know, watch SpasticDwarf cut up his Ferrari and swap a K Series in and shit.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Being injured to that degree sucks ass.. Hope you have a full recovery.

In other news; almost the whole first page of General Discussion is spam now lol..
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

That sucks, as always, it could have been worse - so glad it's not too serious. Maybe light stretching and stuff, but time and rest will be the most beneficial.

Welcome back to the super slow paced chain mail forum. Some replies get lost in the world, but some make it through thanks to a postman, his name is Kevin Costner or something.
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Thanks guys.
                              3 week mark for my knee was yesterday, I stayed off the booze and just pounded the calcium/protein/vitamins and kept the weight off it and Xrays look good so they gave me the OK to switch to a knee brace and start physio.
                              Lost a lot of range of motion and it feels like there's a knife in my knee when I put any weight on it or try to bend it too much, but simply being able to bend my leg to take a shit has been a huge QOL improvement lol.

In other news, I've been making progress on garage/financing while I have nothing better to do. Hopefully tonight I'll be signing a deal to go for April 2023.
                              Final setup should be a weather tight shell, 20'x30' slab on grade, 10' ceiling, 8x14 door, light storage trusses, 200A service separate from the house.
                              I'll do wiring/compressor plumbing and finishing myself once it's done. Should be able to stagger 2 E30s in there with room to work. (or store one at the back on dollies with a lot of room to work on any vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                Thanks guys.
                                3 week mark for my knee was yesterday, I stayed off the booze and just pounded the calcium/protein/vitamins and kept the weight off it and Xrays look good so they gave me the OK to switch to a knee brace and start physio.
                                How are things going for that clutch leg?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X