X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Congrats!

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    anyone getting in cycling?
    I bought a decent mountain bike like a decade ago but have only used it a handful of times.
    It would be a really nice way to get exercise but I need a motivated second person to get me off my ass lol. I keep thinking of going but only made it out once this summer.

Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

a road bike would probably get u out more. mountain bikes a brutal after like 30miles. 30 slow miles.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        a road bike would probably get u out more. mountain bikes a brutal after like 30miles. 30 slow miles.
        Not sure what it is, but I don't see the appeal of a road bike.

Maybe it's that I'd need to buy and store another bike, or that I'd surely get runover by a CarShare prius, or that I have to resist the city's biking/pubic transit initiative out of spite.

Comment

It's the whole bicycling near traffic that's the issue, and why I strongly prefer to ride off road.

Comment

Huge mountain biker, though I don't know if that makes me a 'cyclist' as I think that terminology applies more to road bikes.

Got back into it just before Covid hit, luckily. Bought an expensive bike for not a lot of coin and have been riding it ever since. More than 1,000 miles since early March.

Ride 50+ miles on the 'Around the Peaks' set of trails here in town. 5,000+ elevation makes for an intense ride.

I really need to get a cross country bike as I am trying to ride and keep up with guys who ride much lighter bikes. One of my 'coaches' is a former Arizona Cross Country Champion. He's helping me prepare for a few 100 mile races. So I need to find a bike that isn't a 32 lb 6" travel full suspension behemoth to race on as I am working against myself. But bikes are few and far between nowadays, especially where I live.

20+ Miles with 2400 Vertical by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Fisher Point - 4-11-20 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Pivot in Sedona 3-29-20 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
            Last edited by MR E30 325is; 10-26-2020, 11:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

That's a nice bike man! I used to be crazy about mountain biking..

I got a cross country carbon fiber bike rn and I love that thing

It's a full rigid frame, so it shakes your teeth, but man that thing flies

I got two full sus frames at home I've been meaning to build, but bike parts are fucked rn
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

i got a 90s carbon mtb its' not really for crazy shit like that
                but i enjoy riding the road bike because i have to drive out alittle bit to hit trails.

here's my roadbike.
                love riding this thing
                2020-10-26_02-51-53 by jet jones, on Flickr
                Last edited by LowR3V'in; 10-26-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

So I broke my foot...

:(

Also, all my friends have been cycling the shit out of the covid pandemic.
                  I'm too fat for a bike, but when I was thinner, I loved it, I'm a little jelly.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    That's a nice bike man! I used to be crazy about mountain biking..

I got a cross country carbon fiber bike rn and I love that thing

It's a full rigid frame, so it shakes your teeth, but man that thing flies

I got two full sus frames at home I've been meaning to build, but bike parts are fucked rn
                    Thanks Burg!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      It's the whole bicycling near traffic that's the issue, and why I strongly prefer to ride off road.
                      I don't know how more people don't have that issue. I see recreational cyclists going down the side of a 6 lane divided highway that I live near, from time to time. I would never ride down the side of that road. It is trafficked by all kinds of trucks hauling to and from farms so the bike lane seems to be strewn with rocks and debris. The flow of traffic is usually 65mph or so, and there are a fair amount of crashes. You may as well cycle on the right hand shoulder of I-95 imo. The people who commute by bicycle seem to use the wide sidewalk; yes that's probably against the rules, but it's far from the road and doesn't have much pedestrian traffic. Much safer than cycling down this highway which has dump trucks and beat up cars packed full of farm workers barreling down it.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

Bike prices are way up if you where thinking of selling your old bike you can probably find a good price now
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I've never had OBC issues in my e30, but last time the knee bolster was off, I found a cut wire that I think went to the OBC stalk. I spliced it back together and now my OBC button on the turn signal stalk does nothing, unless the headlight switch is at postion 1 (of 0/1/2), where it works fine mto cycle the OBC, but it also flashes the low beams on??? what the hell...

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            I've never had OBC issues in my e30, but last time the knee bolster was off, I found a cut wire that I think went to the OBC stalk. I spliced it back together and now my OBC button on the turn signal stalk does nothing, unless the headlight switch is at postion 1 (of 0/1/2), where it works fine mto cycle the OBC, but it also flashes the low beams on??? what the hell...
                            You got a 1/1 factory wiring upgrade. Sell the car for an extra $10,000, roll again.

Comment

Grats TexJ!

I have a fat tire bike I have been beating around on for years - mostly a shop errand runner, pit bike at the track etc. Recently stuck a Chinese 67cc 2 stroke on it lol. Does like 35mph with a lot of open road. I even use those bike lanes and all...

23 likes, 9 comments - John Caraher (@j.caraher) on Instagram
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                Grats TexJ!

I have a fat tire bike I have been beating around on for years - mostly a shop errand runner, pit bike at the track etc. Recently stuck a Chinese 67cc 2 stroke on it lol. Does like 35mph with a lot of open road. I even use those bike lanes and all...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFLqB-CBh8d/
                                Thank you!

All this bike talk has me thinking about the one I got. I got a Felt 29" from one of my wife's coworkers that his wife was a sponsored rider. The tires always seem to be flat. Like I can air them up and one of them will start to go down within the 30min ride, when I used to ride it.

Stopped riding due to that and that my butt hole hurt like crazy after riding haha

Would like to get back into it so that I can keep active during the colder months. I've lost 10lbs but have a long way to go.

To add another topic, need to find something that I can do inside the house to stay active. I have one dumbbell, really hard to find them and I'm not paying covid prices for them on marketplace. I have a membership to the city gym, but they are having you to schedule your time and can only schedule like 3 days in advance, it sucks as I do not know when I'll be able to make it.

1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X