Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

    lol NEVER

    If I had to choose between a boosted miata or an NA- I would go with NA

    Varg, I definitely feel that at times... The older I get, the more shit I have to deal w and the less time I have to work on my own projects...

    Very jealous that you'll be on that road.. def a goal of mine to hit that in the e30
    No Mazdaspeeds for you, eh?

    Comment


      Originally posted by varg View Post
      Goal; at least one wagon tail of the dragon pic in the thread before December.
      the slower you go the better focused it will be for the pics

      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment


        Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

        No Mazdaspeeds for you, eh?
        No :c
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:


        WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

        Comment


          For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

          Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

          Comment


            Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

            Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.
            Yeah, I def feel the same..

            I had a turbo car for a while and the way the boost hit made it not that fun to hit the twisties with.. It was def fun with all the noises and just being a pretty quick car, but I got rid of the 300whp car and replaced it with an m20 e30 lol

            Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:


            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

            Comment


              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

              Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.
              Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment


                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

                Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol
                I'm so excited to start that.

                See in an OM617, it's slow before the boost kicks in, then the turbo kick in and you're still slow. Very predictable- just how I like it.
                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                Q
                :devil:


                WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                Comment


                  Dont forget to short shift it too.... TORKE BAYBEE
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                  -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Yeah NA is great but it's unavoidably expensive to make it fast, I wish I could get my bike's responsiveness and power out of my cars NA but 110+hp/L would be a tall order for anything BMW. For my cars S54 swap is probably the only feasible option and an S54 powered E34 would hardly be considered fast.

                    IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

                    Comment


                      Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

                      I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.

                      I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

                      Comment


                        Soooo gooood.... I gotta do my ABC delete. Local friend/customer has stage 2 in his 335d and it's quite an impressive improvement over stock.


                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                        Comment


                          Those ABC deletes on the X5d make me want to LMNOP.

                          I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

                          Comment


                            The noises after the ABC delete are boner inducing.

                            I'm stoked to see how much power you get out of that thing when you're done! I've seen some impressive numbers after the s54 itb business is sorted out.

                            I'm trying to get that level of turbo noise from my om617. def getting rid of the stock turbo and going with a cheap holset lol
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:


                            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                            Comment


                              My cousin might have a big ol turbo laying around... came off the 2002 project car, but was originally from a GMC SyTy
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

                                I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.
                                What's the deal with these, how do you find a set of only ITB's without having the buy a whole S54?

                                Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X