Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work stuff, you?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Same.

Contemplating a potential job change. Supposedly going to be really busy, but is more aligned with what I enjoy doing and a better trajectory long-term. I work in the Financial world as a Compliance Analyst and would be heading back to the servicing side with a different company. Lots of Pros & Cons. Not 100% sure on it, so naturally Im having some anxiety around it, and they havent even offered me a job yet
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Sup.
        Yes, I did.

Comment

Contemplating a potential job change.
          I hear you on that. Had that moment a few times but never scratched the itch too hard until I was completely fed up and quit to go back for my undergrad.

I just started my new post-school career in June and I'm finally happy that I went back and feel like it was worth it. I spent most of the degree doing the math and thinking it was a terrible idea.

Comment

I started my new job in August and it has been mind-numbingly boring getting everything up to speed and ready for actual work. Hoping by October I will get to a better level of hands on workload.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Slow monday... random, not-really-nonsense-though-I-guess-it-is question:

What are some crazy pipe-dream project car ideas you guys have?

Me? Obviously I have a lot, but theres a few engines Ive wanted to swap into something. Lately theres a few BEC (Bike-Engine Car) ideas with various motorcycle engines, a VR6 (miss that noise) but the one at the top of my list is to have some fun with a M70/73 engine. I really want some V12 noises and have found some cool parts to make my wild ideas a "reality"
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Definitely some pipe dreams of creating something along the lines of Eric Long's old Ring Toy build from my clapped out 4-dr shell. He had a thread mirrored here on r3v or e30tech, but here's the only one I could find:
                https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3-E30-ring-toy
                Sub the engine for a K-series or turbo 24v, probably no 5lug and some cheaper wheels, but aesthetically like this.

Also have a lot of things from Sh3rpak!ng 's car that I would like to do to my e30 but lack the balls to do to my first e30.

NA LS/6sp E39 touring as a highway car or daily, had a big spreadsheet of everything I would want for this from wheels/brakes/suspension/interior/driveline stuff.
                Probably will just buy a newer wagon of some sort instead because at the end of the day I can't manage any more projects.

Myself and two of the guys from my former FSAE team have joked(?) about making an unrestricted FSAE car (while skipping/relaxing some of the restrictive frame and template rules, aero limitations, etc.). Even an unrestricted 600 would make more than enough power, and we have a few of those already (though they're in dubious condition from a dry sump that seems to be extremely unhelpful with oiling)
                I'm thinking that overall it would be a good way to die, so I'm trying to get everyone to just build a shitbox instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  I'm thinking that overall it would be a good way to die, so I'm trying to get everyone to just build a shitbox instead.
                  Isnt that what R3V is all about? lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Carbon fiber car like Industry Garage did with their 240z. I bought some material to test out my composite ability on the e30's gas door and trunk. We'll see if I catch the bug and want to do more.

Another dream would to pick up something different than an e30 as a car to tinker with. I really haven't had any other fun car.

Comment

Theres so many things I want to learn how to play with, mostly shaping metal but making Carbon Fiber pieces would be great. Have you bought a welder yet?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

henlo frands
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          henlo frands
                          update your threads!! Its almost the end of 2021 and you havent given us Ranger Danger updates in too long
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Theres so many things I want to learn how to play with, mostly shaping metal but making Carbon Fiber pieces would be great. Have you bought a welder yet?
                            Lol no! When the carbon items arrived, I gasped and quietly said to myself I could have bought a decent welder for the same price.

Comment

Not to get ahead of myself but Im about to do exactly that... remember that potential job change? Just submitted my background check paperwork. This could result in a lot of changes going forward, but the most important one is since I will no longer be working from home 100% of the time, what will come of my current "daily driver" E46 Wagon. Will it show that I made the right choice last year when I bought it, or will it be time to move on ... well because its been a year

I think Ive put about 2500 miles on it since Ive had it haha
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

early 2000s BMWs are one of the best dailies IMO

You will probably see that, then proceed to sell it, like usual LOL
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X