No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, that sounds like a plan. I'll work on getting something made up here in the next few days with what I've done so far, and with what pics I've got so far!

Comment

Hi guise
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post

I think most just go to reddit or discord groups if they're genuinely interested in a hobby. The abundance of youtube videos also leaves a lot of people with the ability to watch how to do something rather than read it.

I'm hoping that enough kids join and help keep forums alive, but the desire for instant information from my generation draws them away from forums since they expect a fast response to their new topic; even though the question had been answered multiple times in the past. We'll see what happens!
        I do like Discord for discussing but they don't have great search/recall so finding older info would be rough compared to forums.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Hi guise
        Welcome back! I was actually wondering where you've been not too long ago. Hopefully you've been staying safe with all the MT fires lately.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I guess my age shows (and I'm not even that old), bc I honestly have no idea wtf a discord even is. I always see stuff about check me out on my discord server about X or Y, but have never paid enough attention to it. My understanding of it was that it was for people to stream themselves playing vidya gaimes?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Hi guise
            The P&R Forum needs you. Good to see you
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

The P&R Forum needs you. Good to see you
              If only we could see users writing a post in P&R.

Comment

I once spent $100/each on some XXRs for my E30, they arrived flawless and safe to use. $210 and $220 each on some cool looking Ispiri staggered wheels for the turbo E34 project and one arrived like this, cosmetically and possibly structurally flawed (I think the flaw could initiate a crack by its shape alone). I could have it ground down and welded to repair the flaw, but this is a new wheel and should arrive ready to use, not in need of another $100+ in labor. The funny part is the manufacturer's reply to my request for a replacement.

"We have checked the pictures and you can be rest assured these are merely cosmetic blemishes , Due to location of the blemishes and the fact they will not be visible to the naked eye once fitted they have passed VIA and JWL QC. Much like behind body panels on a vehicle there will always be manufacturing blemishes but once fitted not visible so pass all industry standard QC checks.

Please note these blemishes in no way effect the product warranty"

I think the clearcoat flaw is plainly visible once fitted though.
                Don't buy ispiri wheels. No matter how unique and turbine-like the spoke design is, and how well suited it is for your turbo wagon build.
                Last edited by varg; 09-06-2021, 03:04 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

"Blemishes done effect the warranty"

Sounds like the will deal with any problem that arises from it.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

That damaged clearcoat would piss me off, especially given their BS response...
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Some R3v action!

I've been on R3v half my damn life now, first account was way back in 2005 when I was 16. About to be 33 here soon.

I still check in quite often, though the site is still too slow for me to bear perusing build threads with the regularity I used to. So I mainly check OT and General and bounce out to TacomaWorld for my forum fix.

No M3 updates recently due to some changes to my personal life, and the Tacomas are still the same, though that will change dramatically here in the near future. I'll be sure to share with you all then.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

No M3 updates recently due to some changes to my personal life, and the Tacomas are still the same, though that will change dramatically here in the near future. I'll be sure to share with you all then.
                        Can I guess what changes are coming?

You're moving into the wilderness for the full- overland / mountain man experience?...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Can I guess what changes are coming?

You're moving into the wilderness for the full- overland / mountain man experience?...
                          Well, uh, yeah, that's just about spot on tbh.

In the process of acquiring the components to build out my 2021 Tacoma to live out of full-time. The Alucab Canopy Camper will be my 'house' so to speak. Fully self sustainable for 21 days is the goal. And of course modified heavily enough to go where no van or RV would ever dare travel. Because parking lots and popular campgrounds aren't really my style.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Sounds about like me between bouncing from TacomaWorld to here, though, I haven't been on TW in a while either bc mine has been sitting. I think I only drive it like 30mi a year at the very most haha. And now that I have the E30 project as well I'll be bouncing back and forth between the two. Though, that being said, I'm heavily considering sending the Tacoma to someone to go through it and replace a bunch of stuff that it needs. She is certainly not a highway truck and I kinda would like for it to be again haha.

Comment

I saw an instagram video of someone removing the hideous e30 non-airbag 4-spoke wheel for an NRG wheel + quick release.
                              Simple video - The guy pops the roundel off the wheel, ratchets the steering wheel nut off, pulls the wheel, then reverse for the quick release.

I almost lost my mind at the comments.

It was either people saying "buhhhh now you have no airbag, so dumb" or "such a downgrade, original wheel was so much better"

What fucked up world
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                It was either people saying "buhhhh now you have no airbag, so dumb" or "such a downgrade, original wheel was so much better"

What fucked up world
                                Just wait until they hear about his cupholder delete...

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X