Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by henryki View Post
    The thing is that I'm in the works of becoming a pilot right now, and when I was getting my FAA medical certificate I asked about a prescription that might be able to help me quit smoking. And they told me that I wouldn't be able to get that prescription due to FAA regulations or some bs. So getting a prescription for something like ambien I think would be completely out of the question. Wouldn't hurt to ask though..

I'm taking melatonin right now and it doesn't seem to be working that well.
    Well, not to give you unprincipled advice, but they do not test for drugs when you get your 1st class medical every year. They only test your urine for diabetes. Also, if you have an accident in an airplane and there is a fatality(particularly you), there will certainly be a toxicology report. At that point it wouldn't matter because you won't be around for the faa to crucify.

However, once you get a job in the field, I guarantee you WILL be tested as a new hire and the you will get random tests with the frequency varying by company.

Don't get hooked on some stupid drug to get better sleep. It will fuck you up for life. Instead, I suggest giving up smoking(it won't be easy, i know), start working out(running, lifting, elliptical, etc), eliminate whatever it is in your life that stresses you out, (learn to accept what you can control and what you can't), and lastly, beat off profusely before you go to bed at night. Go buy a supersize bottle of coconut oil.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 09-29-2014, 10:03 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

had me dying

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Fuse 6(brake lights) is my new arch nemesis. This little fucker keeps popping. At first it was just random occurrence, now it's popping every single time I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
          Fuse 6(brake lights) is my new arch nemesis. This little fucker keeps popping. At first it was just random occurrence, now it's popping every single time I drive.
          sounds like its doing its job to me. you likely have a pretty serious electrical short in the loop.

if you think you can fix this by just adding a bigger fuse, you are probably going to lose your car in a great blaze of glory. if you aren't understanding what i am saying, think electrical fre
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            Well, not to give you unprincipled advice, but they do not test for drugs when you get your 1st class medical every year. They only test your urine for diabetes. Also, if you have an accident in an airplane and there is a fatality(particularly you), there will certainly be a toxicology report. At that point it wouldn't matter because you won't be around for the faa to crucify.

However, once you get a job in the field, I guarantee you WILL be tested as a new hire and the you will get random tests with the frequency varying by company.

Don't get hooked on some stupid drug to get better sleep. It will fuck you up for life. Instead, I suggest giving up smoking(it won't be easy, i know), start working out(running, lifting, elliptical, etc), eliminate whatever it is in your life that stresses you out, (learn to accept what you can control and what you can't), and lastly, beat off profusely before you go to bed at night. Go buy a supersize bottle of coconut oil.

Thanks for the advice. I know we've talked before about flying, I've since quit smoking and started vaping, which I know is still a know isn't great but it's a start to quitting. Haven't smoked since my first post about pills and I've already lowered the nicotine level from 12 to 6 mg.

And as lack of sleep, started taking melatonin every other night and I can finally get more than 5 hours of sleep.

And as for flying, I'm gonna be soloing this coming Tuesday morning :up:

Comment

sounds like its doing its job to me. you likely have a pretty serious electrical short in the loop.

if you think you can fix this by just adding a bigger fuse, you are probably going to lose your car in a great blaze of glory. if you aren't understanding what i am saying, think electrical fre
              Definitely haven't put any bigger fuses in there, not trying to turn a relatively small problem into a big one.

The weird thing is I have pulled pretty much the whole wiring loom away from the body and had it pretty much all dangling out of the trunk and could not find a single break in the wiring. Looked under the back seat and down along the sill panel/chassis rail, still nothing. Today I removed the parcel shelf and inspected wiring for the third brake light and it all looked good. Replaced every globe with new Osrams. Still blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                Thanks for the advice. I know we've talked before about flying, I've since quit smoking and started vaping, which I know is still a know isn't great but it's a start to quitting. Haven't smoked since my first post about pills and I've already lowered the nicotine level from 12 to 6 mg.

And as lack of sleep, started taking melatonin every other night and I can finally get more than 5 hours of sleep.

And as for flying, I'm gonna be soloing this coming Tuesday morning :up:
                congrats bud! that is a milestone indeed! if you have any difficulties with your training, hit me up. i bet i can help.

figure out what is stressing you out and mitigate it so you can get better sleep.

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                Definitely haven't put any bigger fuses in there, not trying to turn a relatively small problem into a big one.

The weird thing is I have pulled pretty much the whole wiring loom away from the body and had it pretty much all dangling out of the trunk and could not find a single break in the wiring. Looked under the back seat and down along the sill panel/chassis rail, still nothing. Today I removed the parcel shelf and inspected wiring for the third brake light and it all looked good. Replaced every globe with new Osrams. Still blowing.
                it is time to get out your volt meter and the electric troubleshooting manual. you can find the manual on line and download it. do you know how to use a meter?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

it is time to get out your volt meter and the electric troubleshooting manual. you can find the manual on line and download it. do you know how to use a meter?
                  I've got the ETM. It looks like spaghetti to me but I'm working through it. Kind of seems like violet/green from brake light switch to fuse box and green/red to the brake lights.

I know how to use the a multimeter but I wouldn't know what I'm doing with it or looking for in this instance. I was hoping it would be easier than this. A clearly visible break/cut in some chafed wiring would have been nice.

Comment

Who knew you could fix
                    all of the door rattling noises in an e36 by wrapping the door catch in moleskin?

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

lol America you retards

sigpic

Comment

Goddamnit! You are so fucking right about this. I am in my early 40's, and I truly believe that in my lifetime, I will see the transition to metric here in the usa. We already use centigrade in aviation. Us arrogant assholes are even behind the Brits, Where our crap system came from in the first place. Even those fuckers switched like 15-20years ago.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Goddamnit! You are so fucking right about this. I am in my early 40's, and I truly believe that in my lifetime, I will see the transition to metric here in the usa. We already use centigrade in aviation. Us arrogant assholes are even behind the Brits, Where our crap system came from in the first place. Even those fuckers switched like 15-20years ago.
                          It will never happen. You know how expensive it would be to change every exit sign, every speed limit sign, etc. in the USA? no.

--Mike
                          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

^ the automotive world has mostly gone to metric for hardware already.

Now the rail road? Yea that shit is all in standard.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                              It will never happen. You know how expensive it would be to change every exit sign, every speed limit sign, etc. in the USA? no.

--Mike
                              It'll happen one day. It's inevitable. You will see....
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X