No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone removed the "Fuck e30s" line from his signature.

When he noticed he went on a rampage about the "waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesfication" or something, and increased censorship of r3v, then promptly rage quit.

I was sad to see the thread deleted. And miss him.

EDIT: might have been vagifying? I can't remember and it hurts.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I didn't see the thread so I really can't comment on it. Members use the word "fuck" in threads around here several times a day. I am particularly off color with my language more than I should be. I think he's a good guy and contributes something of value around here though. Maybe we can slap his wrist for a week and let him come back?
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The way I took it was that he didn't want to come back (due to supposed censorship of r3v as a whole) and blew up which led to his banning.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

That blows. I've had my fair share of lols from him. But I would kind of agree with him tho. I lurked for awhile before joining, and even since the time I've joined, things have tightened up a lot around here.

Oh well. What can you do.. RIP Jalopi and his E30(s?)
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

1970!!

--Mike
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Playing the Halo soundtrack while practicing driving standard in a parking lot makes it feel a lot more awesome.
              "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
              The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Driving to Cure cassette tapes... That makes it feel a lot more awesome too.

--Mike
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                  Driving to Cure cassette tapes... That makes it feel a lot more awesome too.

--Mike
                  Dating ourselves a bit?

I remember getting my first CD player in a car......my 88 Beretta!!
                  Man I thought I was the shit!!

Comment

Man I'm not trying to be hipster or scene or any of that... It just feels cool... Like that's the kind of element the car should experience. Hell idk. I love my cassette deck. Ive made mixtapes off of the music on my iPod so I don't have to screw around with an aux or adapter... It feels right

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

If it doesn't have a USB port, it can get the fuck in the bin.

Comment

Well if you're serious I'd take it for shipping ;)

--Mike
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                          If it doesn't have a USB port, it can get the fuck in the bin.
                          Rant mode On.

Once upon a time there was live music, and people whistled or sang and made their own live music.

Phonographs came along, and they didn't sound like live music but they were sure cool. People sang and whistled.
                          78 rpm discs came along and they were better, but whistling and singing was better.
                          331/3, way better and our fathers (probably most of R3V's grandfathers) spent scads of money and time making "Hi-Fi" stereos (!Two! speakers, 2 tracks. Ooo. Dynaco Towers!)
                          AM music could be played In (!) your car. People sang along.
                          8 tracks and 45s sounded like AM. Convenient, but best as a reminder of what you wanted to sing or whistle.
                          FM was way better. Very Hi-fi but people sang along, though air guitar became a thing.
                          Cassettes came along, sounding like FM. People shared "mix tapes" but kept singing along. Mangled tape marked the edges of roads.

CDs appeared: absolute accuracy, close as could be to like live music. F-ing deadly accurate sound reproduction until a truck ran over them... and then:
                          MP3 sound compression. Sound reproduction like AM radio, high and low frequencies cut off, every note truncated, but played through astonishing responsive speakers that cry out for real sounds to play.
                          But you don't have to whistle or sing, just wear a button ear-phone and bob your head like a pigeon as the semi (or the train FFS) mows you down.

Nonsense. And I still whistle a mean March Slav, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and what ever other melody comes to mind.
                          You kids get off my lawn.
                          Rant mode: Continue.

tl;dr: CDs the peak of a century of sound reproduction, MP3 a 40 year step back.

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
                            CDs appeared: absolute accuracy, close as could be to like live music. F-ing deadly accurate sound reproduction until a truck ran over them... .
                            Don't forget about how perfectly they worked in any situation when the player wasn't perfectly still (and don't talk about the lie that was "anti-skip.") There's a lot to be said about flash storage vs a disc.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I haven't heard skip in CD players in a decade or more.
                              Certainly the very early ones would skip, but now?

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
                                I haven't heard skip in CD players in a decade or more.
                                Certainly the very early ones would skip, but now?
                                As far as my knowledge goes, the skipping isn't anything so much with the unit itself as it is with the vibrations and such that mess with the rpm of the disk... Maybe it's all wrong but anti-skip is just insulating the unit so that its not affected when you bottom out on a pothole. :) (?)

--Mike
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X