No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go shoot a .40 before you buy one. My first handgun was a.40 and it now sits in my safe with no ammunition, surrounded by 9mm and .45.

9mm is a great round. Easy to shoot, accurate, quick follow-up shots. High capacity.

.40 is very snappy. The recoil is a violent upward snap. Follow-up shots are not as fast. Capacity is comparable to. 45.

.45 is my personal favorite. The recoil is more of a solid "push". Lots of power, IMO follow-up shots aren't any harder than 9mm. This is my carry caliber.

Go find a gun range that rents out weapons. Try out different calibers to see what you like. Then focus on the weapon itself. As long as you go with a quality brand, reliability won't be an issue. (Taurus is NOT quality.)

Also I don't feel at all uncomfortable carrying a 9mm. Don't get caught up in "stopping power" As they say, a well placed .22 is more lethal than a .45 that missed.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I have shot a 9mm and 22, both were comfortable for me and I understand 9mm ammo is relatively cheap, which is important to me as I plan to get a lot of range time in.
      Totally agree with the 22 cal comment, which is why I'm focused on ease of use over firepower.
      I also would prefer something that can be used for concealed carry, so maybe a Glock 26?
      Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Welp Exodus covered some good points, I dont like 40 for the same reasons...... Lots of good noooob info in the gun thread its just buried in there lol

I would not worry as much about caliber just yet, I would worry about finding what you shoot well naturally.... you need to go find a range that will rent demo pistols and shoot as many as you can. Some brands will fit your hands and will point and shoot much better than others for you right off the get go. I know guys that are Glock or die guys, I cant shoot their pistols worth a shit but I shoot a Sig very easily.

At the very least go handle as many makes and models as you can before you settle on something. Like I said for me I shoot a Sig the best and not half bad with the new FN's. If your thinking wheel gun then its smith or nothing lol, though colt really is not that bad either.

When it comes to caliber find what you shoot the best, and your comfortable with, there are 2 schools of though, Big heavy and slow, and fast light. I like big heavy and slow Max energy is dumped into the target due to its slow speed its in there longer and size is more surface to make a bigger wound cavity. Vs High speed and volume of fire. So yeah I carry a 45acp most of the time when it comes to human S/d guns and a supper sized 45LC for the critters in the woods ( I live in Grisly country).

Last thing a hit with a 22lr is far better than 15 misses with a 9mm. In other words make sure you spend enough time to get comfortable with it an so its like 2ed nature to shoot it.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I sleep with a .38 special. It used to be an old service gun back in the day before revolvers got phased out. Its a great gun, recoil isn't to bad for me at least.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Glock or Beretta for 9mm.
            Go to gunbroker.com to at least to compare current prices, so you don't spend too much.
            Smith & Wesson undercover special is a cool small frame 9mm.

Comment

of those, the glock would be the only choice. i don't like glock personally because they don't fit my hand well and i don't like that they don't have safeties.

smith and wesson m&p9 shield is one hell of a good gun. i personally love the walther ccp, but taking it apart is a nightmare.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

What ever you do stay away from rueger I need to ditch the .380 i got. The trigger is horrible. You can squeeze it all the way down until the point you think its malfunctioning and then it finally fires. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

What about Remington R51? Budget friendly, slim design for concealed, looks like it's a pain to assemble but I don't mind that. I read a review that the recent generations are improved.

Comment

Installed four of these yesterday in the dd. The old speakers sounded ok, but I knew there was highs I was missing (no, it's not due to age either lol).

First I did the rears and when I first turned them on they actually sounded worse then the fronts which were stock. I was only gonna do the rears before doing the fronts but decided to bite the bullet and do all four at once. Started at one pm and didn't finish until 630. Damn I was tired but when I went to try them out with everything buttoned up they all sounded "meh" at best.

Then I read that the speakers need to be broken in first to sound best.

Today on the commute to the office I was constantly adjusting the bass and treble. Didn't sound "right". the highs sounded like I had the treble turned to max, when I didn't. Bass seemed "tight" but far more accurate than the stock speakers were. I can see they are breaking in nicely. Can't wait to get some of my own music in there as opposed to listening to the radio.

Overall, for two sets of speakers I got for "free" (gift cards I got from points on the Amex) I'm amazed at the improvement!

I used to think the "premium" system on the e30 was still superior. Now I can see it's showing it's age in comparison. Seriously considering doing an upgrade to the e30's component speakers.
                    Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 10-17-2016, 09:36 AM.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      What ever you do stay away from rueger I need to ditch the .380 i got. The trigger is horrible. You can squeeze it all the way down until the point you think its malfunctioning and then it finally fires. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing.
                      Must be a defect, contacted Ruger? Ruger makes quality arms. Me, my dad and my sister all own Rugers and they are great. Unless you have an LCP, it's supposed to be a long trigger pull, it's a personal defense handgun to used in CHL, you want to be sure you really want to pull the trigger with a handgun like that. It's double action every trigger pull for that reason.

It's not a pistol to pumps hundreds of rounds through drilling nails at 25-50yds. It's meant to be used in 15-25ft ranges, where you are trying to hit a target the size of a person.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                        Must be a defect, contacted Ruger? Ruger makes quality arms. Me, my dad and my sister all own Rugers and they are great. Unless you have an LCP, it's supposed to be a long trigger pull, it's a personal defense handgun to used in CHL, you want to be sure you really want to pull the trigger with a handgun like that. It's double action every trigger pull for that reason.

It's not a pistol to pumps hundreds of rounds through drilling nails at 25-50yds. It's meant to be used in 15-25ft ranges, where you are trying to hit a target the size of a person.

That what it is i think and that's the problem. By the time you get that triggered pulled you'll be dead cause it just takes to long. I'm used to having to just squeeze the trigger not jam that thing all the back into the grip like i gotta do now.

It was bought exactly for that reason conceal carry. Worst gun for that if you ask me. Cause if you pulled that on someone with as long as trigger takes you'd likely be dead.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          That what it is i think and that's the problem. By the time you get that triggered pulled you'll be dead cause it just takes to long. I'm used to having to just squeeze the trigger not jam that thing all the back into the grip like i gotta do now.

It was bought exactly for that reason conceal carry. Worst gun for that if you ask me. Cause if you pulled that on someone with as long as trigger takes you'd likely be dead.
                          Dunno, I liked my LC9. Honestly, because of the long and heavy trigger I never used the safety. I Don't think the trigger pull would have any effect on the outcome of a situation. Could very well prevent some NDs though.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Dunno, I liked my LC9. Honestly, because of the long and heavy trigger I never used the safety. I Don't think the trigger pull would have any effect on the outcome of a situation. Could very well prevent some NDs though.

Preference I guess me and everyone that shot it hated it

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              Is yours a hammer fire? Or striker fire? My sister has an LC9s, and for a carry pistol, it shoots really nice.

And in the instance where you need it, that trigger won't be an issue. Plus if you get it with the crimson trace, you can just use the laser out to like 50-75ft.

Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                                Is yours a hammer fire? Or striker fire? My sister has an LC9s, and for a carry pistol, it shoots really nice.

And in the instance where you need it, that trigger won't be an issue. Plus if you get it with the crimson trace, you can just use the laser out to like 50-75ft.

My problem was more the long trigger pull caused me to be extremely inaccurate and i couldn't ever really get used to it and account for it.

This is the ruger I got and hate.

It even says smoother faster trigger lmao. Maybe they have updated since the on i got a year or so ago. Im just used to my hair triggers and thats what i prefer albeit not the safest but thats what i like and am most accurate with.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X