No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another battery down in the e30. Shit, I was only gone a week and had a solar tender plugged into the cigarette outlet.

Draw with the car off is only 50mA, so what the fuck?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

bad batt?
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I guess? It's a possibility.
        I had it charged up and on this same tender for a while in the basement, then stuck it in the car to crank for ~15 seconds for oil pressure and maybe ~6 starts that afternoon with one warmup and a few drives around the block.

Then it sat with the solar tender on the dash for the past 8 days with the power cut to the head unit.

I'm charging the battery up full now, so I guess we'll see what happens? I'll probably end up buying another. I'm the fucking battery reaper.
        Last edited by Northern; 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
          Rock Chalk ;)
          heehee. Plenty of awesome programs at KU but I like the K-State campus better...and airplanes :p

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          congratulations man! there is potential for a fine career in flying airplanes.
          Thanks! Planning on double majoring in Commercial and UAV/UAS so well see which road life takes me down
          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
            heehee. Plenty of awesome programs at KU but I like the K-State campus better...and airplanes :p
            Just giving you a hard time. Congratulations, have fun in Manhattan!

p.s. ROCK CHALK

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Nonsense Thread

So a small update from the last time I posted. Me and the new girl are exclusive, although we've agreed not to rush anything (for some reason titles always complicate things), but there's still been quite a bit of plumbing going on (more than I thought actually). Everything is going well overall. Friday is her birthday (as well as my moms), but she has plans with her friends, so Saturday we are driving out to my parents for the weekend. My dad and I are planning to make dinner for them both Saturday night.

P.S.: Still waiting for my R3v Plumber title :hitler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                I guess? It's a possibility.
                I had it charged up and on this same tender for a while in the basement, then stuck it in the car to crank for ~15 seconds for oil pressure and maybe ~6 starts that afternoon with one warmup and a few drives around the block.

Then it sat with the solar tender on the dash for the past 8 days with the power cut to the head unit.

I'm charging the battery up full now, so I guess we'll see what happens? I'll probably end up buying another. I'm the fucking battery reaper.
                i don't know about you, but all of the e30's i have ever owned have switched power to the cigarette lighter. what i am saying is that i don't think you are getting power to your battery that way. the tender i bought also came with alligator clips. i have a cabby with the battery in the front so i ran the wire from the battery around the passenger side hood hold down, between the top of the fender and the body, between the passenger door and the seal down as low as i could to the dash. mine works fine as cheap wine.

the car sits for a month or two at a time and since i started using the solar panel, i have not had an issue.

with your batt presumably in the trunk, i would run my wire from the battery up thorough one of the speakers in the rear shelf and set the solar panel in the back window.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  i don't know about you, but all of the e30's i have ever owned have switched power to the cigarette lighter.
                  Interesting. Both of mine (87,89) are unswitched.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Don't remember the '90 but the current '92 is unswitched. I am using it for my Garmin, have to pull the plug when I park.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                      So a small update from the last time I posted. Me and the new girl are exclusive, although we've agreed not to rush anything (for some reason titles always complicate things), but there's still been quite a bit of plumbing going on (more than I thought actually). Everything is going well overall. Friday is her birthday (as well as my moms), but she has plans with her friends, so Saturday we are driving out to my parents for the weekend. My dad and I are planning to make dinner for them both Saturday night.

P.S.: Still waiting for my R3v Plumber title :hitler:

godspeed you pipe laying mutherfucker!

Originally posted by agent View Post
                      Interesting. Both of mine (87,89) are unswitched.
                      really?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

My 87 and 90 are unswitched

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

My 91 is unswitched. Maybe regulation in some countries?

Comment

My 86 was unswitched.

Same for my 88
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

pretty sure mine is unswitched as well, but it would really explain something if it was.

This car has been such a fucking project for the past two years that I barely know how the interior operates anymore.

Battery is charged now, so I'm going to find out soon.

Comment

I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice in about 2 hours. Can't effing wait.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X