Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
    I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice in about 2 hours. Can't effing wait.
    Where do you work and where is your new job?
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
      Where do you work and where is your new job?
      I work for a top public accounting firm in the consulting department, primarily performing SOC audits, BSA/AML program reviews at banks and a variety of other compliance driven work.

I am moving to a small niche company that specializes in the processing, accounting, sales and compliance aspects of the gift card industry. I will be nearly 100% client facing, working primarily with fortune 500 CFOs to assist with their gift card related needs (sales, process improvement, new product development, etc).

I am very excited. Don't think I could find a better position for exposure to and interaction with executive leadership at 26.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
        I work for a top public accounting firm in the consulting department, primarily performing SOC audits, BSA/AML program reviews at banks and a variety of other compliance driven work.

I am moving to a small niche company that specializes in the processing, accounting, sales and compliance aspects of the gift card industry. I will be nearly 100% client facing, working primarily with fortune 500 CFOs to assist with their gift card related needs (sales, process improvement, new product development, etc).

I am very excited. Don't think I could find a better position for exposure to and interaction with executive leadership at 26.
        Congrats, always great to hear people getting out and moving on to greener grass while they still can. Its easy to get stuck in one industry with little growth, and next thing you know it 20 years later and you haven't enjoyed any of it.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
          Congrats, always great to hear people getting out and moving on to greener grass while they still can. Its easy to get stuck in one industry with little growth, and next thing you know it 20 years later and you haven't enjoyed any of it.
          Thanks man! You hit the nail on the head - while the grass may actually be brown on both sides, I am thrilled to be leaving an industry that I promised myself I wouldn't spend more than 2 years in. I'm getting out after just shy of 3 years, so not bad at all.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Congrats man! Enjoy yourself!
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Congrats! I hope it works out great for you.
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                Congrats man! Enjoy yourself!
                Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                Congrats! I hope it works out great for you.
                Thanks dudes! Just wrapped up my meeting with the Partner and she said she was sad to see me go, but thinks it's a smart move. Going to miss such a great leader/boss, but I think the new gig is going to kick ass!

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Drinks on JOE
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

'91 318i in calypso. M42 taken apart, he rebuilt it once and broke something again. Patches by rear door, rear valence and under car. Asking $1200.
                    I have many M52's, and a busted E34 pan that could be fixed.

Almost want to buy it, swap it, get the paint fixed, drive it for a year and sell.

What do?
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      '91 318i in calypso. M42 taken apart, he rebuilt it once and broke something again. Patches by rear door, rear valence and under car. Asking $1200.
                      I have many M52's, and a busted E34 pan that could be fixed.

Almost want to buy it, swap it, get the paint fixed, drive it for a year and sell.

What do?
                      I would do that.

Great experience driving the car for a while, and you get to solve more problems and learn even more about E30's/24v swaps in general.

If you do it right you save an E30 from being smashed/scrapped (potentially) and you might make a few bucks when it comes time to sell.

Lowball at 800. Never hurts to ask.

Comment

I would also do that.

I'm about to make a bad decision if the price is right. My customer is trying to get me to buy his b6 S4 avant with beat up fender, a bad timing chain guide(s) and cam adjusters. A v8 awd wagon sounds pretty dope.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          I would also do that.

I'm about to make a bad decision if the price is right. My customer is trying to get me to buy his b6 S4 avant with beat up fender, a bad timing chain guide(s) and cam adjusters. A v8 awd wagon sounds pretty dope.
                          Dude! That does sound awesome.

Threw around the idea of an RS4 for a while myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I would also do that.

I'm assuming you know what's involved there?

If you can swing the extra cash, the B8 is very potent. Pulley/tune and a basic stage 3 B5 won't keep up.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              I'm assuming you know what's involved there?

If you can swing the extra cash, the B8 is very potent. Pulley/tune and a basic stage 3 B5 won't keep up.
                              Yeah, I haven't done one before though... I had an opportunity to do a few chain overhauls before, but I would always reject it due to the lack of experience. Now, with an opportunity to buy one, I can finally tackle it on my own and gain the confidence I need to do one on a customers car. So, this could be a profitable investment for me.

I LOVE that it's a wagon. I do a lot of backpacking, so I could use the big trunk to carry 4 full 60L backpacks and the v8 to take those mountain roads with a fully loaded car. Man, I really hope I get my hands on this car :hitler: I have half boner just thinking about it.

Comment

Well she backed out on me. said that family has been jerking her around all weekend, so we are rescheduled for next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X