No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disagree that it's full SVT if there's a standard engine under the hood, so that makes it clear what your next modification must be. Or failing that, and depending on the year (I think the car in question is a FF) you can install the 2.3L, but that's a heck of a lot of trouble for the result.

But seriously, Ford kits have always been a tremendous value for the cost. Also fondly recall doing the same thing to my Dads DD at the time, a 2005 Focus ZX3 in 2007 or 8, and it was a marked improvement. That suspension soldiered on for a good 8 years before needing service again.

Comment

Fixed...it's the suspension alone.

Considering the cost and benefit of replacing everything, I'm amazed at the improvement. It makes owning an import (and it's associated costs for upgrades) seem wasteful in comparison.

I'd go ahead with more mods, but it's just an auto daily.
      Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 08-24-2017, 04:01 PM.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

People talk shit on budweiser but it's actually a very very drinkable beer.
        not anything special. Smooth, refreshing, alittle sweet. no complex taste. just light beer.
        not no hipster craft shit it's just very smooth and drinkable plus it's 5%.

modelo black is 5% also and is much better tasting
        but it's just not a drinkable as budweiser at 5%. how do they do it?

Comment

kinda sounds like you just finished off a 12 pack?
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            kinda sounds like you just finished off a 12 pack?

My thoughts exactly haha.

Im honestly not a big fan of the domestic or craft beers. I prefer a good ale. Angry orchard is my go to and i guess it could be considered a "beer" for how its brewed but i don't really consider it a beer per say.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I used to be really into craft IPAs, but I can't enjoy them like I used to. One IPA make me feel like I ate a loaf of bread soaked in ale.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

IMO every beer has it's place. I enjoy craft beers, I enjoy cheap beers, I enjoy expensive mainstream beers.

It comes down to the situation for me. Going to a party or sitting on the beach? I'll drink Miller light, Coors light, whatever the hell you got that's cheap.

Sitting down for a quiet evening in the winter with the fire going? I'll take a heavy stout.

Summer time hanging out on the porch? Well that's IPA, Amber ales, or anything in between that comes from someone who really cares about each bottle they make. Or, I'll take Stella. Depends on my mood.

Then there's fall, give me that pumpkin ale and pumpkin stouts, I'm going to drink it while it lasts then miss it all year.

About the only thing I don't drink is anything made with wheat. Nope, not for me.

Also, to you guys on the East Coast, try anything by Flying Dog. They've got something for everyone, but I can say that everyone can appreciate their Blood Line blood orange ale. That shit is the bomb diggity. I drink Flying Dog whenever available, watched them grow like a child of mine over the years. They also used to welcome us locals to host car meets in their parking lot. That's a win in my book!
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Anyone here familiar with MK6 Jettas? Are they pretty reliable? Yes I know it's a VW, but I've had both good and bad VW products.

Comment

If you go with the 2.0 tsi, I'd say yes. I loved my MKV GLI, but the FSI fuel pump design was shit. They killed the FSI and went to the tsi in the later MKV, and I believe into the MKVI.

Tsi got a timing chain and much better fuel pump design.
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Speaking of the TSI, I just remembered I still have this in my toolbox from my VW days. If you have any questions, let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      No E30 Club

Comment

I've heard about the problems with the FSI, but I don't think we're looking at any cars old enough to have that motor. This car is for my mom. Her A4 is pretty well beat to shit at this point, and it has almost 200k on it. Budgeting about 15k. Looks like 2014-15 model years are selling in that price range. It looks like only the GLI has the 2L (TSI), whereas the SE and SEL models have a 1.4 and 1.8. I don't know anything about those engines. I'm outta the loop. Wikipedia says they're all TSI variants, and only the TSI is used from 2014 on up.

So far, it seems like the tire pressure monitoring system is a bit finicky, otherwise, they seem to be decent. I've only just begun researching though.

The Mazda 3 has also been under consideration, but only the grand touring models have the options she wants - leather, heated seats, sunroof, cup holders, stick shift. Whereas, the Jetta seems to have those features available on every trim level above the base model.

Comment

Well, the decade long wait for Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is finally over, in a way at least.

My Feedback

Comment

waiting for the Counter-Strike new release :D
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Who plays pubg?
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

i rek in cs1.6.
                                no scope level stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X