Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
    Sometimes when I take a break at work ill just go out and look at my car and sit in it for a couple minutes. Take a moment to just look at parts of the car and think about why bmw made them the way they did, very relaxing.
    This is so true. I thought I was the only one who thought about this!!
    1990 325i
    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
      It's all good, he's back to being a pain in my ass again. Still love him though. On the bright side, since we've had him quarantined in the garage, I can say I have a Subie in my garage.;)

On your other topic, I think it'd be good to go to school to learn how to control the management aspects of owning a business. Now, to start your own shop, I would think it'll probably take some time and money to do. I've never owned a shop, so this is just coming from guessing. I would think about a few things. Do you want to have it on your own property or rent out a shop somewhere? Do you have the land to build a shop on? Unless you already have a big customer base, you'll have to build a base by doing independent work for a while. Get plenty of tools. Use any of the money you get from doing your work to save to get better tools or a shop. Before you get a shop, you might want to get together some potential employees. It can be done, but it takes time. Go for it, dude. Get learned, then wrench.

So I was thinking at first, until I establish myself in the area, I’d likely rent out a shop to work in, and then once it’s seemed the business has out-grown the location, I’d try to find a place to own and build a shop how I want it.

On the customer base point, my dad is an instructor with the Lonestar chapter of BMW CCA, as well as a SpecE30 club racer, so I’m sure he’d be more than happy to spread the word, as well as slap some decals on the SE30 to support his son’s dream. Not to mention the countless BMW friends I have who would likely bring me their business as well as their friends. Granted, this is all speculation, but that’s the majority of this conversation anyway.

The thing that worries me the most is finding the money to get things started. Things like tools, equipment, down payment on a lease, etc. add up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Tools are fukin expensive, as well as all the diagnostic equipment you're going to need.

Go onto a snap on truck and grab a catalog. Your butthole will pucker
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Tools are fukin expensive, as well as all the diagnostic equipment you're going to need.

Oh yea trust me.. I know. My shop teacher in high school had around a million dollars worth of snap on tools in the shop and he was constantly flipping through catalogues looking for more stuff.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

yes. being the case, i buy mine at pawn shops. i never pay more than a third of the msrp.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Finish your business degree. Work for a few years for another shop to learn the ins & outs and start buying tools that you will use. Take away the good ideas and recognize the pitfalls. Start small by renting space somewhere and when you are ready to go solo, you will be much better prepared.

If you start a business now, you may come to realize that some education could've helped you much further along, and hopefully it wont be too late.

At the bare minimum, finish your Associates
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                yes. being the case, i buy mine at pawn shops. i never pay more than a third of the msrp.
                I'd take flyboy's tip and start off by buying at pawn shops. You'll find a lot of great tools there for cheap. Also, don't listen to people when they talk shit on craftsman tools, they're a fraction of the price and get the job done. Start getting nice stuff when you're making good money.
                Q

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Unless you do what i did and go to school for auto tech. Then you get 60% off and i just went fucking crazy with tool buying. I probably got 15K in tools lol

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Finish your business degree. Work for a few years for another shop to learn the ins & outs and start buying tools that you will use. Take away the good ideas and recognize the pitfalls. Start small by renting space somewhere and when you are ready to go solo, you will be much better prepared.

If you start a business now, you may come to realize that some education could've helped you much further along, and hopefully it wont be too late.

At the bare minimum, finish your Associates
                    2man has impeccable advice.

Work for someone else, after finishing your education. Learn all that you can. Really get involved in how the entire system comes together. There is an incredible amount to learn and know.

Understand what you want, and before you know it, people will flow to you. I just met a guy a few weekends ago at a real estate class that buys million dollar complexes in cash. I was able to make a connection with this incredibly awesome financial asset because I understand what I want and I was able to demonstrate this information to him effectively.

Things like that literally pop out of absolutely nowhere. And they will for you too.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

We should do a r3v "No Shave November" competition or something, with a prize at the end for the nastiest beard.
                      Q

Comment

My wife said no to a beard...

She said if I like her to keep shaving the pits and legs, that I can't have a beard...oh well
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Are expressing your disappointment because you're going to have a wife with hair pits and legs for a month?
                          Q

Comment

My girlfriend like my facial hair, but I can hardly grow it and it comes in patchy... Damn Native American genes...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Shit guyz, this idea is crashing and it hasn't even taken off yet.
                              Q

Comment

Are expressing your disappointment because you're going to have a wife with hair pits and legs for a month?
                                haha

naw I like the silky smooth legs and pits, so no beard for me
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X