Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    What about nice stickers, like a NASA meatball or a university sticker?
    Those are more likely to get you a break.

If I see Illest, anything with the word "stance", or a shocker sticker, you're also much more likely to get a citation. Bonus points if you spew vape clouds into my face as I stand at the window.
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      In the 3 years I've spent as a cop, making over 1000 traffic stops, I've never once let the color affect my decision to make a stop or not.

Stickers though.... stupid stickers increase your chances of getting stopped by about 95%

I wouldn’t say they are a cop magnet but as a cop your self. Do you notice the bright red/colored cars first rather then the duller more stealth colors?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        I wouldn’t say they are a cop magnet but as a cop your self. Do you notice the bright red/colored cars first rather then the duller more stealth colors?
        Nope, not really, and I've never heard another cop make a reference to a car's color as a "reason" for looking at or stopping a car.

I owned red vehicles before becoming a cop and never noticed extra attention.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

What about a USA sticker lol

Edit, it’s an American flag sticker :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
          Q
          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Nope, not really, and I've never heard another cop make a reference to a car's color as a "reason" for looking at or stopping a car.

I owned red vehicles before becoming a cop and never noticed extra attention.

I own a red car my self and also never have any extra attention. Find it interesting that people say they are magnets but then like you said as a cop yourself you don’t even pay attention to the color. You just pay attention to laws being broken. I have been pulled over once in my red car by a deputy who is just a grouchy old hag she pulls people over in the same spot every day when i drive through for stupid things. She got me going like 3 mph over she had her lights in before I even finished rounding the corner. The next day she got the person behind me for following to closely but there was plenty of space. I think she’s just an angry deputy

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I own a red car my self and also never have any extra attention. Find it interesting that people say they are magnets but then like you said as a cop yourself you don’t even pay attention to the color. You just pay attention to laws being broken. I have been pulled over once in my red car by a deputy who is just a grouchy old hag she pulls people over in the same spot every day when i drive through for stupid things. She got me going like 3 mph over she had her lights in before I even finished rounding the corner. The next day she got the person behind me for following to closely but there was plenty of space. I think she’s just an angry deputy
              Most of them are :)

Honestly, I don't know why some LEO's get such a kick out of making BS stops. I typically give people a 15-17mph grace period before I start writing tickets, and I've only ever written cites for Automobile Following Too Closely during rear end crashes.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Most of them are :)

Honestly, I don't know why some LEO's get such a kick out of making BS stops. I typically give people a 15-17mph grace period before I start writing tickets, and I've only ever written cites for Automobile Following Too Closely during rear end crashes.

You got that right... She’s probably just extremely bored or pissed off that she is in the area she’s in so just tickets everyone. Seems like thats a lot of paperwork for a BS stop if you ask me.

What I found funny was she barley walked to my car and just kind of threw my ticket at me. I could of had a gun in my lap or drugs on me and she would of never known.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You got that right... She’s probably just extremely bored or pissed off that she is in the area she’s in so just tickets everyone. Seems like thats a lot of paperwork for a BS stop if you ask me.

What I found funny was she barley walked to my car and just kind of threw my ticket at me. I could of had a gun in my lap or drugs on me and she would of never known.
                  Maybe she wants something else?

Perhaps you could have something different in your lap next time? Either way it would be a funny story.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Maybe she wants something else?

Perhaps you could have something different in your lap next time? Either way it would be a funny story.

Lolololololol

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      Pics.
                      Only picture I have, but it shows most of the bad:

Hard to see just how bad the tail lights are rear bumper are(also the holes from sheet metal screws holding on everything...), but I'm sure I'll make a thread eventually
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Thanks to facebook, I found a few pictures of it in ~2014:

And the reason it currently has no powerplant or front end:

Comment

is that muffler upside down...?
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                            is that muffler upside down...?
                            Australian DTM tips bro.

Comment

yes haha it's a DTM tip muffler upside down. Pretty sure it's not on the car now, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                What shades of each? I would go blue but that is personal preference. Never been a fan of typical red cars (burgundy is the exception).

Both are vibrant shades of each color.

Honestly, I'm kinda leaning toward the blue too, but the GF wants a red car as she has fond memories of a crappy little 5 door ZX5 Focus we had years ago. Only had it for about 6 months, but something was always broken!
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X