No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard rubber and steel ones won't rotate.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Offset CAB? If it's poly it's possible to rotate them in the carrier, that will affect caster. You'd have to take a serious hit to bend the suspension and steering components, but the poly CABs are pretty easy to rotate if you push up on the control arm where it goes into the bushing, so I could see it rotating with a good bump.
      Nobody ever listens to me, but I've seen how fast poly wears when used in locations with constant motion. IMO go solid rubber for suspension components if you can, save the poly for drivetrain mounts, subframe mounts, ect.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I want so badly to get back to e30 land but its a struggle when mine is 2000 miles away and doesnt run right. :(

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Standard rubber and steel ones won't rotate.
          Not surprised since you have to press them in.

Anyway, I measured the amount the control arm is sticking out the backside, and there's 3mm difference. Same brand, so I would assume they're manufactured the same. Only thing is, to affect caster, the rear of the arm would have to move left or right, not forward and back, right?

I'm pretty well stumped. Think I might need to make a separate thread. A bent control arm could easily cause this issue, and I had a similar issue on my Audi caused by a bent arm, but I'm not seeing a bent control arm.
          Last edited by rturbo 930; 11-25-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Could be the strut mount

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              Nobody ever listens to me, but I've seen how fast poly wears when used in locations with constant motion. IMO go solid rubber for suspension components if you can, save the poly for drivetrain mounts, subframe mounts, ect.
              where do you find solid rubber control arm bushings?
              i just ordered some 80a see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                where do you find solid rubber control arm bushings?
                i just ordered some 80a see how that goes.
                Not sure for this platform tbh. That said, I think the trans mounts on my Audi were advertised as 80a and I'm pretty sure they are delrin lol. Could be wrong though.

Edit:. NM, I wasn't paying attention, advertised as delrin.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

bought a new shitbox (e30).

Pros:
                  $500 delivered
                  Smileys
                  Sport interior
                  No significant rust

Cons:
                  4-door
                  Ricer stripe paintjob/tails/bumpers/chrome shit/wheels
                  stickers
                  No drivetrain
                  front end/engine bay is a little beaten up
                  Wife hates me

Needs some body panels straightened out, some screw holes filled, a drivetrain, and a new colour. I have half a month in december to make it happen.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Need your help guys

Considering two sports cars. One is red, the other is blue (both cars are exactly the same).

Which would you choose and why? This is not a daily driver, instead will be used on weekends and for getting groceries.
                    For a daily I'm riding the bus LOL (but seriously tho, I am).

thanks in advance.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      Ricer stripe paintjob/tails/bumpers/chrome shit/wheels
                      stickers
                      Pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        Need your help guys

Considering two sports cars. One is red, the other is blue (both cars are exactly the same).

Which would you choose and why? This is not a daily driver, instead will be used on weekends and for getting groceries.
                        For a daily I'm riding the bus LOL (but seriously tho, I am).

thanks in advance.
                        Blue one. Red = cop magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Not surprised since you have to press them in.

Anyway, I measured the amount the control arm is sticking out the backside, and there's 3mm difference. Same brand, so I would assume they're manufactured the same. Only thing is, to affect caster, the rear of the arm would have to move left or right, not forward and back, right?

I'm pretty well stumped. Think I might need to make a separate thread. A bent control arm could easily cause this issue, and I had a similar issue on my Audi caused by a bent arm, but I'm not seeing a bent control arm.

That can affect it. Pull lollipop and push it back on the control arm.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            What shades of each? I would go blue but that is personal preference. Never been a fan of typical red cars (burgundy is the exception).

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              Blue one. Red = cop magnet.
                              In the 3 years I've spent as a cop, making over 1000 traffic stops, I've never once let the color affect my decision to make a stop or not.

Stickers though.... stupid stickers increase your chances of getting stopped by about 95%
                              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                                In the 3 years I've spent as a cop, making over 1000 traffic stops, I've never once let the color affect my decision to make a stop or not.

Stickers though.... stupid stickers increase your chances of getting stopped by about 95%
                                What about nice stickers, like a NASA meatball or a university sticker?

Comment

Working...
                                X