No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya ever watch Lethal Weapon, any of them really, and think that when Mel Gibson went all crazy and started yelling and shit in different parts of the movies that it was just Mel Gibson's way of venting and he wasn't really acting just being a nut job. Then when he stopped doing the lethal weapon movies all the crazy came to a head and he just lost it? Like the chick flicky romance movies didn't have an outlet for him, ya know? Also that scene when Murtaugh shoots the South African dude in the head after he says "diplomatic immunity" and hes all like "its just been revoked" thats some CLASSIC 80s awesomeness right there....I found the Lethal Weapon movies on Netflix so this isn't that random

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
      Ya ever watch Lethal Weapon, any of them really, and think that when Mel Gibson went all crazy and started yelling and shit in different parts of the movies that it was just Mel Gibson's way of venting and he wasn't really acting just being a nut job. Then when he stopped doing the lethal weapon movies all the crazy came to a head and he just lost it? Like the chick flicky romance movies didn't have an outlet for him, ya know? Also that scene when Murtaugh shoots the South African dude in the head after he says "diplomatic immunity" and hes all like "its just been revoked" thats some CLASSIC 80s awesomeness right there....I found the Lethal Weapon movies on Netflix so this isn't that random

I’ve seen them they are great movies. I also watch the TV series. Its actually pretty good. I find it very entertaining and funny.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

They certainly are awesome movies, haven't seen them in a long time. I haven't seen the series though, been wondering if its worth watching.

Comment

They certainly are awesome movies, haven't seen them in a long time. I haven't seen the series though, been wondering if its worth watching.

Id say it is.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm so fucking done with this roof. More rain/wind and more leaks in new spots.

This roof never leaks in the same place once, but this is like a dozen times since we bought the house. This summer I'm going to be broke as shit.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Oh the life of home ownership.
              Gotta love it :)
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Nonsense Thread

that scene when Murtaugh shoots the South African dude in the head after he says "diplomatic immunity" and hes all like "its just been revoked" thats some CLASSIC 80s awesomeness right there....I found the Lethal Weapon movies on Netflix so this isn't that random

I will always remember the E24 in that movie.

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Oh the life of home ownership.

Gotta love it :)

I was just about to come here and bitch about how much the process of buying a home in LA when you arent super rich really blows....

E30 - Allahs Chariot
                Last edited by 2mAn; 01-24-2018, 07:30 PM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

[QUOTE=2mAn;4865240]I will always remember the E24 in that movie.

Hell yeah man, I always keep my eyes out for cool 70's/80's rides in movies. I spotted a couple Z cars too.

I was just about to come here and bitch about how much the process of buying a home in LA when you arent super rich really blows....

Yep, its a real shit show. I lost out on a lot of houses to cash buyers and rich people buying income properties...kind of one in the same I guess.

Comment

Yea, Ive been working on getting us preapproved so we are considered "cash buyers" because our loan is ready to go. The shitty thing is that what we can afford and what/where we want to buy are two different worlds

Ive thought about making an offer to the landlord to buy the apt next to us once the people move out haha Not likely to happen since an apt in Culver City is still like 600k
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah I was pre-approved and all that but people would just show up and outbid the crap out of me. That's what led me out to Chino Hills the land of cows and soccer moms.

It wasn't my first choice but it's not so bad, except my commute is shit but sometimes carbon canyon isn't backed up in the morning and I can have a bit of fun getting to the stupid ass 57.

Comment

haha Yea man... I am actually looking at a place in Canyon Country just to have some land instead of a townhouse or something stupid with an HOA. My commute will be deadly, but theres people at my work who do the commute and they havent murdered anyone yet, so theres that ...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

You may not have a house, but at least you won't freeze in your cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            You may not have a house, but at least you won't freeze in your cardboard box.
                            Oh hell yeah. You want a house in NJ? Good for you. Say hello to 10k+ a YEAR in property taxes.

Blah.

In AZ I don't pay even a third that amount per year for 5 houses.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

In Texas the property tax rate is really high because we don’t pay state income tax. Non homesteaded properties are around 4% a year. Generally, that means a 200k home will cost you 8k a year in taxes. When I owned 4 homes, I was paying almost 30k a year to the man.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                                Oh hell yeah. You want a house in NJ? Good for you. Say hello to 10k+ a YEAR in property taxes.

Blah.

In AZ I don't pay even a third that amount per year for 5 houses.
                                Yes, property taxes are high here, but it does somewhat depend where you are in the state, and of course, what your house is worth. My parents do pay pretty close to 10k though.

Out of curiosity, I just took a look on zillow. Pretty average 300k homes, in an area that's a little bit more rural than where I am with more farm land, woods, etc., all with tax bills 8k and up. Jesus. I knew it was bad, but I thought it was a little better than that. The tax bill on my grandparent's house was 5-6k when it was sold. On one, you could see how their tax bill was only like 5k in 2004, and is now 8500. Not sure what happened there.

I've heard people in neighboring states bash NJ for its property tax rates, but as far as I can tell, prop taxes are nearly as high there as they are here, at least in the nicer and more populated areas. My uncle in rural PA pays something stupid like $800 a year.

Still more affordable than LA though.

Comment

Working...
                                X