No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say adding in "I want my money!" was a bit over the top.

That being said, I have zero idea of your workplace environment so I have no idea if it was over the top or not.

Generally when it comes to pay, I treat payroll / anyone in charge of my pay the same way I treat the people who make my food. I kiss their ass and let them know how much they are appreciated, so that when something like this happens they are more willing to help me out.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      ^right lol

Thank the assistant for helping if you haven’t already. Work through your manager and see who in payroll is supposed to help out. Email wasn’t inappropriate though somewhat direct imo, perhaps justifiably because you’ve been short paid, not a fun situation in any case.

Find out who in payroll is supposed to help, make a phone call and bring some junk food or candy by their cube to see if they can get it figured out. Be overly nice. Ask her out if she’s hot.

My $0.02.

Nice in LA today, finally. Rain this year has been bullshit.

Ezekiel 25:17
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I have a hard time messing with payroll when my check is short a couple bucks just because the accidentally paid my like 800 extra one check i told them but they did nothing. So i just went on. Dont want them realizing that but if I’m majorly short i’ll say something.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          I have a hard time messing with payroll when my check is short a couple bucks just because the accidentally paid my like 80 extra one check i told them but they did nothing. So i just went on. Dont want them realizing that but if I’m majorly short i’ll say something.
          Ftfy

my boss might own an E30 too
          Last edited by Sonny; 03-17-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

So are you dealing with the Manger of the Applebees you physically work at or are you dealing with the regional payroll clerk for Dine in your area????

Inquiring minds want to know.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
              Ftfy

my boss might own an E30 too
              You probably shouldn't "fix" things for people.

Remember.....2 posts or less per day.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                You probably shouldn't "fix" things for people.

Remember.....2 posts or less per day.
                aha you remind me of those high school movies with the blonde broads.

sassy

Infact with that attitude i think I've seen you before? When I use to live in Texas I recall some guy knocking on my door and as I went there to answer it, the guy told me that he was required to notify and let all the neighbors know that he's vegan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Sonny; 03-17-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

So sassy. You say that like it is a negative.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                    So sassy. You say that like it is a negative.
                    Its a great thing!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      I would say adding in "I want my money!" was a bit over the top.
                      +1
                      I'm the payroll administrator for 130 salary and hourly employees. Most of which are unionized.

If anyone approached me like that, their manager would be hearing from me.
                      Mistakes happen, we are all human. Your emails do not state that you are speaking directly to payroll. You cannot start throwing ppl under the bus when they have no control over the issue.

When you start being disrespectful, you will be targeted as someone who is not cooperative and will be handled as such.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Never ever piss off the payroll people, they have laws and guidelines they have to follow and will hold your money till the day they HAVE TO release it.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I have always been told the people to not piss off in the company is the receptionist, the mailroom people and HR. I have great relationships with all of them :)
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Never ever piss off the payroll people, they have laws and guidelines they have to follow and will hold your money till the day they HAVE TO release it.
                            +1. At the last dealership I worked at I watched this happen to a douche bag salesman that ran his mouth more than a few times to the wrong people. He was essentially pushed out of the dealership but technically quit, so they held his last paycheck for nearly a month before they legally had to pay him.

On the flip side, I had a pay dispute with my previous boss when he decided not to pay me for my last monthly bonus when I left. So I called the HR/payroll lady (who happened to be the owners daughter and GMs wife) and she said "yeah he's a fucking prick, I'll make sure you get that by next week." Sure as shit within 3 days I had a check in my mailbox. In an earlier position there I was essentially an administrative assistant for the sales managers and office ladies and everyone liked me because I would always help out with whatever even if it wasn't my job.

I believe in doing nice things for people without the expectation for thanks/reciprocation. I very much believe in not fucking with the people that cut my paycheck lol.
                            Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                              +1. At the last dealership I worked at I watched this happen to a douche bag salesman that ran his mouth more than a few times to the wrong people. He was essentially pushed out of the dealership but technically quit, so they held his last paycheck for nearly a month before they legally had to pay him.

On the flip side, I had a pay dispute with my previous boss when he decided not to pay me for my last monthly bonus when I left. So I called the HR/payroll lady (who happened to be the owners daughter and GMs wife) and she said "yeah he's a fucking prick, I'll make sure you get that by next week." Sure as shit within 3 days I had a check in my mailbox. In an earlier position there I was essentially an administrative assistant for the sales managers and office ladies and everyone liked me because I would always help out with whatever even if it wasn't my job.

I believe in doing nice things for people without the expectation for thanks/reciprocation. I very much believe in not fucking with the people that cut my paycheck lol.
                              If more people had this attitude, rather than "its not my job" then they would be surprised in how far they can get in life.

I'm a 'creative director' but volunteered to get my forklift certificate so I can help out in the warehouse when needed. The result? A nice raise and bonus at the end of the year because I show initiative and drive to help the warehouse team out.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

I just came back from eating at iHop. Ridiculous how I received my plate loaded with melted butter and I asked for none. Simple request as it's not difficult to do. Some people give them a hard time with what there allergic to for the week with a list and they comply, butter nope.

Protip: If returning a plate, SALT THE SHIT OUT YOUR PLATE. You will know if they bring it back.
                                Last edited by Sonny; 03-18-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X