Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    The phrase that kept coming up is that you get tired of working on other peoples POS cars that you have no energy left to work on your own POS car lol
    My dad and his car buddies would always tell me this growing up. Still wish somedays I went the mechanic route. I'm still so far away from a having career that I have no idea what Ill be doing with my life.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Its one of the main reasons why I love having a project in the garage and always tinkering. Once the Aluminum Monster got to the point where it was going to get really expensive to make it better and competitive in racing is when I sold it. Now I have the Datsun and its nice building within the rules. I still wish I was better at welding and doing some of that stuff, but in due time that will come too
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I fall into the camp of not turning your hobby into your career, ESPECIALLY if you want to start, for example, working on other peoples cars on your own, with your own business. That shit has the e-myth written all over it for most people.

I too sit behind a desk every day that I am not traveling for work. It is more mundane than running around all day, but it pays me well, and allows me to have the desire and to experience the joy of doing other things, whether it's construction or working on cars, etc.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          I fall into the camp of not turning your hobby into your career
          I concur.

After having a couple of opportunities to work in the automotive industry, I starting hating cars. I began viewing them as nothing special nor worth putting extra time or money into. It was at that point I realized that a career in that industry is not something i want to pursue any longer, as it took away from my passion and motivation.

Only thing I miss sometimes are the steep discounts on auto parts.
          Overall, it just wasn't worth the hassle.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

the Ford sounds great!

Comment

I was working on computers all day and being at a computer all day. Some of my co-workers said that when they go home that's the last thing they want to look at. For me, I would go home and then play computer games all evening. Never got bored of it.

I now work on a computer all day and can still enjoy my pc when I go home. Granted this is a lot less stressful on the body as well.

On the note of being a mechanic. I toyed with that idea as well. I spoke with a bunch of mechanics and a lot of them, in their 50s, said they wish they had done something different. Standing over cars their adult lives caused them back problems.

Plus I get to be in air conditioned building and in Texas that is a very good thing. yeah it sucks on nice days that im in an office all day but I can go home and be with my family and if I want I can go out and tinker with the whip.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

so... I get several robocalls on a daily basis . Ive already registered it on the DNC list, but I dont think it will actually stop em... I've also blocked so many calls that now I no longer get similar numbers to mine anymore. I know they are robocalls because I havent lived in my hometown for like 20 years so when I get a call from there I know its a robocall
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

so... I get several robocalls on a daily basis . Ive already registered it on the DNC list, but I dont think it will actually stop em... I've also blocked so many calls that now I no longer get similar numbers to mine anymore. I know they are robocalls because I havent lived in my hometown for like 20 years so when I get a call from there I know its a robocall
                  AZ just got blasted by robocallers. I don't know how to fight it, because even the apps that are supposed to block them automatically can't catch them all.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I love working on cars professionally.

I'm super conscious of my posture and what I put my body through. I think it's really easy to avoid all the back aches and whatnot. If i'm working under the hood, the car is on a lift, just so I can lift it up a few inches so I never have to hunch over.

Also, I love that every day is different. Time flies when I'm at work and I'm never looking at the clock counting the minutes until the day is over.

It's not for everyone, like anything else.
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I turned my hobby into my job by becoming a mechanic but I love cars and it helps I work for BMW so it helps fuel my hobby cheap parts etc. there are times when I don’t wanna work on my own car after work but I don’t think it has anything to do with the cars its more of I got my ass kicked and I just wanna go to bed. I still usually go out to my shop 2-3 nights a week and work on my own cars.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        .... I still usually go out to my shop 2-3 nights a week and work on my own cars....
                        ORLY?!?

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

my town got hit with some hail 6 weeks ago. My wife and I constantly get calls from roofing companies. Heck she had two people show up yesterday at the house trying to get us to use them for our roof.

Mind you the area were we live didn't really get hit that hard and we just replaced our roof 3 years ago due to hail.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have been. See mtech 2 build. Its on a rotisserie now and I’ve been maping out rust repairs. 2002 is going in stands this weekend im gonna start prepping it for cage work. Also been doing an indepth paint correction and coating on the zobelbraun car.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Nonsense Thread

2mAn unfollowed me just now [emoji3525]

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                                2mAn unfollowed me just now [emoji3525]

What made you think I ever followed you...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X