Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I'd say the Corvette and The Boxster/Cayman are tons of car for the price point.

A 2006+ 987 is really in a sweet spot right now.
    Yea, the 987 is my preferred chassis/ look and with a 3.6 added its a big bump over the 3.4 they came with... plus the shop selling it has done all of the preventative maintenance you can...

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

Speaking hella car for the money: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...z-sl65-amg-21/

600 factory HP twin turbo V12 went for $23k
    Those Mercs are HUGE bang for the buck

Im not a V8 guy but I really want a AMG 6.3 in something, but because they dont sell it with a 3-pedal option they havent really gotten my heart.... but I have ideas. Ugh
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Trust me, as someone who graduated with a degree later in life, its better now than never. Sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. I'll tell you the same thing others told me, and Ive shared too... Just put your head down in the books, keep plugging away and before you know it, you'll be on the final semester and have that finish line in sight.
      I'm slowly getting there but damn this is painful. I did have a chat with my MD prof when I picked up my exam, and it made me feel better about the whole thing.

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Nice, I recently left my ME/prop degree unfinished and really need to get back on it. It'll probably take me another 3 or 4 years. Any idea of what field your going into when your done?
      My experience before this was as an airframe tech, and I thought I would be going back into that, but my two co-ops so far have been at a shipyard for Navy ships, but two different employers within that area. Probably going back to the more recent one for my final 8-mo term. I feel good about that and I'm hoping to end up working there after I graduate.

Originally posted by varg View Post

I am a married guy in a house I like and am not willing to relocate for a starter job much less go across the country somewhere and I hope that does not make things difficult.
      100% same here. I quit wrenching on helicopters because I capped out where I was, and didn't want to move or work weird shifts to make a better living.
      The work itself was good, and it let me buy my house, but I think the best part is how the experience from those 5 years looks on my resume.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^
        Your doing it the right way, I know many engineers that barley know what the pointy end of a screwdriver is for, but can cite book and verse on material statistics and so on, or decided to go into engineering "because they were good at math".

All that time you spent working on stuff, and seeing how things work in the real world will help you 100 fold when you start looking for M.E. job and when you enter that arena over the kids we have coming out of school now with ME degrees but no dirt, or grease under their nails or common sense....
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Those Mercs are HUGE bang for the buck

Im not a V8 guy but I really want a AMG 6.3 in something, but because they dont sell it with a 3-pedal option they havent really gotten my heart.... but I have ideas. Ugh
          If you have to have an automatic, MB makes the best automatics in the world. They also calibrate the AMG cars to the 9's for performance driving.

If you still have to have a stick, a T56 or TR6060 trans would handle that engine just fine.

Comment

If you have to have an automatic, MB makes the best automatics in the world. They also calibrate the AMG cars to the 9's for performance driving.

If you still have to have a stick, a T56 or TR6060 trans would handle that engine just fine.
            Theres a guy who makes an adapter plate to mate a T56 to the 6.3 ...

My biggest problem with the GT cars Im lusting/ day dreaming about is though they make 400+hp, is that they weigh ~3600# or more... However being a 4-seater proves to be a big advantage in the "will the wife bitch about it" dept
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              Well I just fucked up a Machine Design II midterm that I should've wrecked into the high 90's, so I'm having a beer, and then packing to fly to Orlando for the weekend.
              My undergrad is in Physics, my MS is in Systems Engineering and I have a PE in ME/Machinery Design... Any topic in particular a sticking point for you?

Comment

FINALLY got into my trunk.. Best part was I didn't have to go medieval on anything..

Was able to pop out the plate light and finesse my way in there and pop that hoe open..

The lock actuator froze up. After disconnecting the rod, the lock worked as it should.

I was pretty close to drilling it out, but I'm happy I didn't. Having one key to for the car is pretty nice.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  FINALLY got into my trunk.. Best part was I didn't have to go medieval on anything..

Was able to pop out the plate light and finesse my way in there and pop that hoe open..

The lock actuator froze up. After disconnecting the rod, the lock worked as it should.

I was pretty close to drilling it out, but I'm happy I didn't. Having one key to for the car is pretty nice.
                  I wish we wouldve thought of going in through the license plate lights before we drilled right through the lock... my friend locked my keys in the trunk in the Aluminum Monster back in 2014
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

My undergrad is in Physics, my MS is in Systems Engineering and I have a PE in ME/Machinery Design... Any topic in particular a sticking point for you?
                    I'm good with Machine Design, just too stubborn I guess.
                    Last edited by Northern; 11-13-2019, 05:28 PM.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      ^
                      Your doing it the right way, I know many engineers that barley know what the pointy end of a screwdriver is for, but can cite book and verse on material statistics and so on, or decided to go into engineering "because they were good at math".

All that time you spent working on stuff, and seeing how things work in the real world will help you 100 fold when you start looking for M.E. job and when you enter that arena over the kids we have coming out of school now with ME degrees but no dirt, or grease under their nails or common sense....
                      As someone who works with engineers, this is true.
                      The more they tinker, the better they think.
                      I do things.

Comment

Was going to look at a 2001 Z3 3.0L 115k miles Saturday, guy wanted $4,500 for it.
                        Sold last night, many dangs.
                        I do things.

Comment

Theres a MZ3 (S52) here for $4k... needs some work and I keep bugging my brother to get it because I know he will love it and we have the tools/ skills and resources to fix it... will he get it before someone else does? ... who knows...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

last week, i harvested (from a local junkyard) a complete minty black leather interior for my z3 for 300 bucks. i blasted the anthracite carpet with my pressure washer so it looks like new. i had to get some stitching re-done on the driver's seat bottom. just picked it up from the upholstery guy today. happy as a clam. can't wait until i get a free day or two to get it installed. major win!

on the other hand, i also bought the rear bumper from the same car since it was the same color as mine and the paint was in really good shape. i figured 75 bucks was a lot cheaper than getting mine re-sprayed. unfortunately, the parts car was a 4 banger and mine is a 6. turns out, the rear fenders/bumper bulge out an inch wider on the 6 cyl/m cars. who knew? major fail!
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Theres a MZ3 (S52) here for $4k... needs some work and I keep bugging my brother to get it because I know he will love it and we have the tools/ skills and resources to fix it... will he get it before someone else does? ... who knows...
                              i looked it up. that is a heck of a good deal. 18 days and no takers? my favorite color too.

there is a silver one for 6200 that also appears to be a good deal.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

i looked it up. that is a heck of a good deal. 18 days and no takers? my favorite color too.

there is a silver one for 6200 that also appears to be a good deal.
                                I think its sold, or he's trying to get more ... a few people including my brother have reached out and he hasnt replied
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X