Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    I appreciate these answers more than the 'CLEAN YOU ICV" responses in technical threads.
    Mine was dying when coming to a stop, randomly. Found out it was the hose coming off the ICV, it was collapsing.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Got it back together last night. Still runs like shit on a cold start, but, as soon as there's even a little heat in the engine it runs fine at idle. Sits right at 800 rpm.

On the poor running cold start, I pulled the vacuum line off of the FPR and it smoothened out, it's like it's not getting enough air.

The only thing I haven't messed with is the purge valve coming off of the charcoal canister. I made some new hoses for it, but never replaced it. I wonder if it's expecting to be open at idle.
      I do things.

Comment

from what I'm reading, I have the purge valve code on mine, and slow to start is one of the symptoms.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

from what I'm reading, I have the purge valve code on mine, and slow to start is one of the symptoms.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

On the poor running cold start, I pulled the vacuum line off of the FPR and it smoothened out, it's like it's not getting enough air.
            Or the mixture gets richer when you increase the fuel pressure by referencing the FPR to a pressure higher than what's in the manifold.

Comment

I'll pull the purge valve off tonight, plug it and see what happens. If that's it, I'll replace it.

Also, solid point about the FPR. I forget how air pressure works sometimes, and derp.
              I do things.

Comment

Double Post - Feel free to delete.
                Last edited by Melon; 11-20-2019, 11:17 AM.
                I do things.

Comment

R3V is sure being slow as fuck today.
                  I do things.

Comment

Melon, make sure that purge valve is closing under the throttle body.

I think those are normally close, so if you take if off and blow through it, no air should be able to pass.

In theory, an open purge valve will cause a hard cold start.

Also, make sure your idle/throttle is all set up correctly.

***unplug your ICV and adjust the throttle stop screw until your idle gets up to about ~900 rpm. Then, reconnect the ICV and your idle should stabilize at 750 rpm. You may need to adjust your TPS again after the adjustment, since you're going to be changing your "closed" position of the throttle body.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I noticed that too
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Lots of double posts, not sure what was going on earlier... hope it gets fixed.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Noticed this as well. Takes like 10 minutes to load a page lol
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Seems to be better
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

wow, didn't think the last post I made even was posted

I tried to repost and the site looked like it was down.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

r3v was doing weird stuff for me earlier.

All this Z3 talk is making me look at S2000's I saw one with a hard top and bolt on flairs, really good looking car.
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
                                X