Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

E-Class (W210) - e430 Endurance Racecar build - Hello, My name is John and a friend of mine decided he wanted for my small performance shop to turn his e430 into an endurance race car. We plan on competing in Chumpcar Daytona, FL in May 2015. This will be our 4th Chumpcar build, first MB as the other three were BMW's....

Snazzy.

I've discovered BenzWorld, which seems to be reasonably technical. I just "repaired" (cleaned with scotch brite and reassembled with anti-seize) the VNT linkage on my '05 CDI... That stopped the P0299 code and went from 23psi max MAP to >30psi max MAP... now it really feels like it puts me back in my seat as I would expect 370 ftlbs at 1800 RPM to do.

Comment

well I threw a spare cluster in my car as I wait for SI batteries and an apsx naked wideband gauge. Somehow despite the SI batteries being even more dead, the tach on this one works fine, wtf.
      Coolant temp seems to stick at full cold and needs a dash smack even with the pins/ground cleaned so that's great.
      Also found out my heater valve is slowly leaking and soaking my carpet.

Otherwise it runs well, I think I'm in the neighborhood of 400-440hp at ~9.5psi on stock CR M52 (which sounds high/not really possible) but I'm fighting a lot of knock that I really need to figure out. Might need to dial the boost back, but want to try new gas and verify ign timing first.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Coolant temp seems to stick at full cold and needs a dash smack even with the pins/ground cleaned so that's great.
        I had mine re-done by Bav-Restoration, and the coolant temp does the same. Usually somewhere along any drive I hit a bump and that does the trick.
        Also, my tach needle is loose, has been since about a month after I got it back. I tried resetting it based on another cluster, but it's still off. I'll get it fixed one of these days.
        I do things.

Comment

Check the c191 under the intake manifold. ECU and gauge temp sensor run through it.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Check the c191 under the intake manifold. ECU and gauge temp sensor run through it.
            I don't have a connector there.
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I don't have a connector there.
              I think this is where mine was:

After (Note that I had not shrunk the shrink tube at this point):

The dregs that I removed:

Comment

Oh that's nasty.

Mine appeared to be wrapped in the factory rubber sleeve, and was all the same girth.
                I'll double check it though, It always came up as a source of electrical problems.
                I do things.

Comment

I had a crazy starting issue thats source was that damn c191...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

I think this is where mine was:

After (Note that I had not shrunk the shrink tube at this point):

The dregs that I removed:

Dear god

Looks like a 16 yo kid tried to install a pioneer stereo underneath your intake.
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

People in Spec e30 love me in the starting grid. Can't tell you how many times a car wouldn't start, 10sec before we have to do the out lap. I pop the hood and wiggle the c191, run back to my car, strap in and go try to pass the dude.....
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Will that C191 butchery is heinous lol

No C191 here, just the cluster being weird I guess because a smack always does the trick.

I received my replacement SI batteries today, so I need to figure out how to attach the tabs to them, I'm guessing scuff/flux/solder extremely quickly with a very hot iron... maybe cooling the batteries in the fridge before...

Also I think my weird knock issue is from either my IAT sensor (placement or broken), or the stock IAT/CLT Compensation tables. Seem to run between 22-32degC IAT whenever part throttle cruising/bouts of throttle, which adds 6.4~9deg of timing to the base timing table.

Guess I'm sticking an M50 2-port intake boot on the car tomorrow to run two IAT sensors and compare logs, then likely redoing the two comp tables completely...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stock IAT Comp.PNG Views:	0 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	9932377

I could zero out the 262 load column so it just doesn't add timing while in boost, but that effectively removes all functionality of the IAT at WOT, which would be nice to retain really.
                        Last edited by Northern; 06-15-2020, 07:47 PM.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Wheres the build thread for this monster?

So, I havent gotten a haircut since this Covid lockdown started back in March. My hair is pretty damn long now... Each day it seems like Im getting closer and closer to my idols hairstyle. None other than Ace Ventura.

Click image for larger version

Name:	63ba6190238044aacedab2daeb5d0f50--ace-ventura-hair-ace-ventura-pet-detective.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	9932438
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^lol.

the c191 is perhaps the culprit of about 70% of an e30's electrical problems. the throttle body coolant lines leak on that connector causing havoc.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

ya i was going to say the connector was the problem for when on no starts or cutting out at a red light
                              replacing vr sensor check grounds. couldn't figure it for a long time because the connector is so hidden

Comment

I just had the realization the term "baller" as applied to rich guys is a reference to professional basketball, baseball, etc, pros who make insane money.
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X