No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks that you didn’t pass, but you’re close enough that it makes sense to retake it ASAP, while the material is still fresh. FINRA requires you wait 30 days to retake and many people wait too long and have to re-read all of the material.

Take a week off and after the 4th get back to it. You can do ettttt
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Sucks that you didn’t pass, but you’re close enough that it makes sense to retake it ASAP, while the material is still fresh. FINRA requires you wait 30 days to retake and many people wait too long and have to re-read all of the material.

Take a week off and after the 4th get back to it. You can do ettttt
      Yeah they have a 30 day wait before you can retake. Feeling very down on myself. Spent so much time studying and then to fail at the end.

More than likely I'll retake it. I need to study the labs more. thought I had it down...
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Yea, like I said this happens. Take this week off, enjoy the 4th of July weekend and then get back to it the week after. You're no that far off and you know where you need to refine your skills.

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Yeah they have a 30 day wait before you can retake. Feeling very down on myself. Spent so much time studying and then to fail at the end.

More than likely I'll retake it. I need to study the labs more. thought I had it down...
          Hey, you can only improve, man! The sound of that actually kind of scares me. I thought the Net+ was annoying... I just earned my AS in MIS in August and I'm stopping there for a bit.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Yea, like I said this happens. Take this week off, enjoy the 4th of July weekend and then get back to it the week after. You're no that far off and you know where you need to refine your skills.

Thank you, I'll do that. I need a break from it.

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

Hey, you can only improve, man! The sound of that actually kind of scares me. I thought the Net+ was annoying... I just earned my AS in MIS in August and I'm stopping there for a bit.
            Nice! I got my Net+ and A+ back in 2010. Then got my CCNA R&S, then my CCNA Wireless. My CCNA certs expired last year as my current employer has their own certifications and I don't need the Cisco stuff(we are a competitor).
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Thank you, I'll do that. I need a break from it.

Nice! I got my Net+ and A+ back in 2010. Then got my CCNA R&S, then my CCNA Wireless. My CCNA certs expired last year as my current employer has their own certifications and I don't need the Cisco stuff(we are a competitor).
              Nice man! I'm just in IT(just four of us) for a community FI, so they don't really require certs. I've just got my Net+ and A+. Is this most recent required, or just something you want to do to better yourself? If you don't mind me asking, that is. Feel free not to answer!
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Nice man! I'm just in IT(just four of us) for a community FI, so they don't really require certs. I've just got my Net+ and A+. Is this most recent required, or just something you want to do to better yourself? If you don't mind me asking, that is. Feel free not to answer!
                My Net+ and A+ were both acquired in 2010. My CCNA stuff was started like in 2013/2016. Then my PCNSE was done last year. This year I'm doing this SANS504. Is that what you were asking? I don't mind answering.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

My Net+ and A+ were both acquired in 2010. My CCNA stuff was started like in 2013/2016. Then my PCNSE was done last year. This year I'm doing this SANS504. Is that what you were asking? I don't mind answering.
                  I guess what I'm asking is are all of those you do required by employer, or just to personally advance yourself?
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Don't get down on yourself. I did a test like that for the FL GC licensing. 9 hour test, three parts: Law, accounting and field knowledge/codes, spread over two days (6hr one day, three next). The test was something like $400 to take and the prep class was a couple grand. So, decided to take a "practice" test since it was far cheaper than the classes. Open book, but there's something like 14 or 16 books, many of them 3-4" thick binders so you can update codes, laws etc. Wife's cousin took the test two years before me (codes and laws change every 2yr), so I went through all my books and highlighted/tabbed everything he did, then noted the new changes, studied all that (more needed to know WHERE to find the info, rather than memorizing it). Thought I was good, but got a 72, 68 and 65. Fortunately they treated each section as a separate test, so armed with the "practice" when in and took the other two parts - finished in like 2hr out of the 6 alloted, so re-answered all the questions, hiding the previous answers as a double check - STILL had several hours to kill. Passed the exam, went to the CG I had been subbing off of for the previous ~6-7yr, and he REFUSED to sign me off as having min 5yr field experience. Our company was doing around 80% of his jobs, have a feeling he thought we were going to be "competition". Part of the prereq's is 5yr exp - or - degree in accounting/business/project management etc.

In short, now that you know what to expect, the second time will be much smoother.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I guess what I'm asking is are all of those you do required by employer, or just to personally advance yourself?
                      They helped me in my career to get where I'm at. For my current employer a CCNA would get you an interview. From my experience, the Net+ didn't really help me all that much. It helped me to understand the concepts found in the CCNA exam.

Even though the company I work for is a competitor of Cisco, the CCNA is a good benchmark. It won't get you the job but it will allow you to get the interview.

When I got hired, my company was hiring just about anybody that was smart and could work through problems. For instance, we hired a guy right out of U of Alabama, with a chemistry degree. We did on job training. I've asked about other friends and was told if they have a CCNA, that they will give them an interview.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

edit:
                        Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Don't get down on yourself. I did a test like that for the FL GC licensing. 9 hour test, three parts: Law, accounting and field knowledge/codes, spread over two days (6hr one day, three next). The test was something like $400 to take and the prep class was a couple grand. So, decided to take a "practice" test since it was far cheaper than the classes. Open book, but there's something like 14 or 16 books, many of them 3-4" thick binders so you can update codes, laws etc. Wife's cousin took the test two years before me (codes and laws change every 2yr), so I went through all my books and highlighted/tabbed everything he did, then noted the new changes, studied all that (more needed to know WHERE to find the info, rather than memorizing it). Thought I was good, but got a 72, 68 and 65. Fortunately they treated each section as a separate test, so armed with the "practice" when in and took the other two parts - finished in like 2hr out of the 6 alloted, so re-answered all the questions, hiding the previous answers as a double check - STILL had several hours to kill. Passed the exam, went to the CG I had been subbing off of for the previous ~6-7yr, and he REFUSED to sign me off as having min 5yr field experience. Our company was doing around 80% of his jobs, have a feeling he thought we were going to be "competition". Part of the prereq's is 5yr exp - or - degree in accounting/business/project management etc.

In short, now that you know what to expect, the second time will be much smoother.
                        Thanks, just frustrating and feels like time wasted. I'll get back on it and give it another go.

Having a lot of timeout issues when submitting posts now...
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Sorry TexJ, but if it's of any consolation I know most engineers need to take the PE exam once or twice to pass.

Also, I scored a glovebox flashlight that works well for $40
                          I do things.

Comment

I want my e30s back or a lego set to play with, either will do.
                            My Feedback

Comment

What happened to your E30s?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                Sorry TexJ, but if it's of any consolation I know most engineers need to take the PE exam once or twice to pass.

Also, I scored a glovebox flashlight that works well for $40
                                Thanks bud! Just sucks it's a lot of money, and feels like time wasted. Nice score on the light!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X