R3v Weight loss thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkle' View Post
    personal training. If you're ever interested, check out the movie "Forks over Knives." Its a great film that looks into the nutritional standpoint of degenerative diseases and how they can be decreased and/or cured by changing the diet.
    +1 for this documentary. It's what started me on a better, more natural diet.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Okay, figured I'd give an update seeing as I started the thread

Start weight: 195, 23% bodyfat 1/18

Had a lower back injury which greatly stalled progress. Didn't get into the gym until 1 month ago to the day. Been hitting the gym pretty hard 5 days a week and watching my calories. I've also been cycling carbs ( 1 day low, 1 moderate, 1 normal then start over)

Today:
      187, 16.5% body fat 6/15. I've lost about 14 lbs of fat and gained 7-8 lbs of muscle. My 32 jeans fit comfortably!
      edit: weighed myself on a normal carb day, I know it's not water weight loss. bodyfat measured with caliper.

New Goal:
      No target weight, but don't want to go below 175, 10-12% body fat (lower than this is incredibly hard for me to sustain).

Unless you've been a fatwaffle your whole life, getting back INTO shape is remarkably easy. Obviously I'm still not an athlete but I've been pretty impressed with my results so far.
      Last edited by cuchullainn; 06-15-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Down to 224 as of this morning. Back at it today for 5 days after a 2-day rest.

This has been pretty hard work, but I love it. I've become one of those people that loves going to the gym, I love seeing the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          Running in the cold weather around 22-30 degrees helps burn more calories since the body needs to stay warm. I do the simple push-ups with sit-ups & pull-ups. 6'1'' at around 151 lbs. last I checked. Putting on weight won't come until around 30 so toning the muscle I have will have to do.

Pace yourself guys, no rush to drop that weight. Better technique beats out everything else.
          Unless your running through snow running in the cold does not up your burn

Comment

I'm going to start posting workouts for everyone. I'm glad to see a thread like this on here. Y'all are all making progress

Comment

182, 34 waist. Down 40 lbs from my start 1/27/13. I think 165-168 will be my target. That should be maybe around the middle of September. Feels good!
              '88 325is
              Alpinweiss

Comment

Glad to see what some people are doing in here and that it is similar to what I have decided I need to start pushing myself into. Over the past 2 years I went from probably 175 to a low of 145 (divorce will do that to you) now back to a healthy 165ish but need more muscle and less fat.

I finally got my bike, small weight set, stupid as total gym that I should replace with a better weight set and power tower setup in my bedroom at my new house trying to get a routine of 2-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes with a run at least once or twice a week as well.

Goal drop about 10-15lb fat pickup 10-20lb muscle over the next year or so.

Currently 160-165lb about 5'11 no idea on body fat% and all that shit just know there is more there than I want. I'm 30 now so feel like I need to start getting back into shape or it will get harder to turn things around the longer I wait.
                2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Started on the first of this year Im down 17lbs and maintaining.
                  All Ive done basically is cut out poor choices and eating healthy. I really need to exercise more though
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Awesome thread. Love seeing other people successful.

My story: I ran cross country in high school, 6' 3" 175lbs. A little underweight, but heavy for a runner. My senior year (2009) I started developing major joint pain and found myself diagnosed with RA. I made a terrible decision and stopped exercising. Fast forward to February 2012. Weight was 280 on a good day. I got fed up, changed my diet and I am currently at 215. I've got about 10-20 more before I am at ideal weight, but I am limited on how hard I can push myself.

Comment

Checking in, have almost fallen off the horse. Drinking soda on occasion, but no HFCS, just the kinds with no artificial crap in them.

Still, weighed myself today on the legit scale while in for the baby check up. I've dropped another 3 lbs since my last post here. Down to 196, from about 215-220 when I decided to change.

Not bad! Oh, and heard the babies heart beat, so today is starting off to be a good day!
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I'm down to 218 since my last post on the 15th of last month, but I hit that mark about a week ago, probably.

Comment

Anyone else using this thread to keep track of their own losses? I couldn't remember what I was at last time I weighed myself until I looked through here.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I track my weight, but it's interesting to go back on this thread and see the snapshot progression. :)
                            '88 325is
                            Alpinweiss

Comment

I just today noticed our family photo from about 6-8 months ago, and it's horrifying how big I was. I think that's when I was about 250, maybe just a bit over. I'll have to make a comparison shot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375163581.768383.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7158026
                                Thought this pic might be fitting in here.
                                This I the Crossfit box I work at.
                                I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X