anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
    Anyone got a decent 4 day split, but without legs. Before I get bashed. My legs have always been my strong point. They're comically big compared with my chest, and arms (go figure).

So I'm looking at something that is high volume on my arms to shock them into growth mode. I'm also running on my off days to try lean out and drop a little bulk off my legs. Wanna do this for 6-8 weeks.

P.S. gotta have deals in the workout, my fav exercise ever
    Day 1 push (chest tri, front/mid delts)
    Day 2 Pull (Back Back, Rear Delts)
    Day 3 Legs (Theres no reason to ever NOT do legs )
    Day 4 rest

If you want, you can do this twice a week, like so.

Day 5 Push again
    Day 6 Pull Again
    DAy 7 rest

By still hitting your legs at least once a week, you'll get some muscle on them, and when you get your diet in check, youll drop the fat and be left with great legs (without sounding too gay)

Aim to do 15-20 working sets per day, if you chose to do the twice per week route. I did it for a few months, gained good size and weight without killing my self every workout. Its about consistently overloading your muscle, not devastating your muscle twice a week, that would be brutal.

Sample workout:
    Chest:
    Flat Press, dumbbell or BB (3-4 working sets, 1 warmup)
    Incline press dubbell or BB 3 sets
    Optional iso lateral chest press 3 sets
    Dumbbell/cable flies 3 sets
    Dips 3 sets
    Optional Cable rope pull downs 3 sets
    Dumbbell side or front raises 3 sets

Back:
    Pull ups 3-4 sets
    High row iso lateral 3 sets
    low cable row 3 sets
    Optional One arm dumbbell row 3 sets
    Face pulls/bent over dumbbell raises 3 sets
    Supinated grip BB or dumbbell curls 3-4 sets
    Hammer curls 3 sets

Legs:
    Squats 4 sets 1 warmup
    Deadlifts 4 sets
    Leg Press 3 sets
    Optional Lunges while holding dumbbells (though im usually beat by here)
    Calves however you like.

Aim for a 6-10 rep range with most of your lifts. Low rest time, 45-60 seconds.

Its a fast paced workout, and will get you in an out of the gym in about an hour with a realll niiice pump.

Get your diet in order and youll be good to go.

(disclaimer, you can change or modify any part of this, as it is not perfect for everyone. And I dont know your lifting background, if you have been training for a short while, this may not be your best workout)
    Last edited by Dermeister3; 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Fell asleep last night from 530pm to 630am. Fuck lol. Going to combine squat and bench today. It's deload anyways.
      2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I'm making it a rest day today. I am feeling the workout from yesterday haha.
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

just ran the great american mud run 5k, fun stuff

3rd cycle of 531 begins tomorrow, ready to go hard
          2008 335i - n54b30
          1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Just hit the prescribed 380x5 on my 5+ set for DLs.
            2008 335i - n54b30
            1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Saw Man of Steel on Sunday. Dude is jacked!

Also, started another round of modified Texas Method on Monday. It beat the shit out of me. 5x5 @ 215# squat, 5x5 @ 130# bench, and ramp up sets ending in 1x5 @ 325# Deadlift. Been a while since it looked like I was prison raped walking out of the gym...
              :D
              Last edited by scabzzzz; 07-03-2013, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Superman has terrible form on the dead lift. Might want to try to drop the weight and practice form.

My workout for today...

20min Every odd min: 6 Power Cleans (155lbs) Every even min: 4 Push Jerks (155lbs)
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Superman has terrible form on the dead lift. Might want to try to drop the weight and practice form.

My workout for today...

20min Every odd min: 6 Power Cleans (155lbs) Every even min: 4 Push Jerks (155lbs)
                  I bet there are 1 billion Crossfit joints down in Miami...

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post

My workout for today...

Says the guy doing a wod. :p
                    2008 335i - n54b30
                    1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Say what you want but that dudes form is hurting bad. His legs are straight and the bar is barely above his knees. bend those legs, load the hamstrings to support the weight, the first movement should be your back pulling the weight towards your center, then stand it up. I have shoulders today!! booooya
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone got a decent 4 day split, but without legs. Before I get bashed. My legs have always been my strong point. They're comically big compared with my chest, and arms (go figure).

So I'm looking at something that is high volume on my arms to shock them into growth mode. I'm also running on my off days to try lean out and drop a little bulk off my legs. Wanna do this for 6-8 weeks.

I just do 1 muscle a day

tricepts
                        bicepts
                        chest (tris are sore so it makes me use more chest)
                        back (bis are sore so it makes me use more back)
                        shoulders
                        legs
                        forearms/abs (yes I work out my forearms)

back to tricepts and repeat

I take the weekends off.

Teachers told me after 10 days of not working a muscle it starts to deteriorate

use to do reps of 6/6/half weight 12 with no rest between second set builds strength

now i'm doing 12/12/half weight 12 with no rest between second set this is burning more fat for cutness
                        Last edited by Thizzelle; 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM.
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                          I just do 1 muscle a day

tricepts
                          bicepts
                          chest (tris are sore so it makes me use more chest)
                          back (bis are sore so it makes me use more back)
                          shoulders
                          legs
                          forearms/abs (yes I work out my forearms)

back to tricepts and repeat

I take the weekends off.

Teachers told me after 10 days of not working a muscle it starts to deteriorate
                          Compound lifts. COMPOUND LIFTS. Compound lifts? COMPOUND LIFTS

Go read about compound lifts. And then read some more about compound lifts.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                            Compound lifts. COMPOUND LIFTS. Compound lifts? COMPOUND LIFTS

Go read about compound lifts. And then read some more about compound lifts.
                            This, this, and this!
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                              Say what you want but that dudes form is hurting bad. His legs are straight and the bar is barely above his knees. bend those legs, load the hamstrings to support the weight, the first movement should be your back pulling the weight towards your center, then stand it up. I have shoulders today!! booooya
                              I know but if he is attempting a PR or something of that sort then form pretty much goes out the window. Moot point.

Anywho, bench day for me, off tomorrow, squats either fri or sat.

Also, a whole day each dedicated to bi's and tri's? Either you're on gear, a pro, or horribly inefficient.

This is called spot reduction, it doesn't work that way.
                              2008 335i - n54b30
                              1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                                I know but if he is attempting a PR or something of that sort then form pretty much goes out the window. Moot point.

Anywho, bench day for me, off tomorrow, squats either fri or sat.

Also, a whole day each dedicated to bi's and tri's? Either you're on gear, a pro, or horribly inefficient.

This is called spot reduction, it doesn't work that way.
                                I disagree man, PR or not, slacking on form is no excuse. Look at that deadlift vid I posted a few pages back, that was a PR lift and he kept form.

I think if you're going to start something finish it, but man that's a great way to hurt yourself, ask me how I know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X