Thanks for the input, y'all!

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    Picked up a my 2000 with 200k. West coast grandpa truck all it's life. Look at that frame! Sadly it's tan inside, but the leer makes up for it. V8 4wd. Pretty happy!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    ^ Noice!!

If you're ever camping in or around Flag, let me know! Always looking for an excuse to spend more time in nature.
    Gonna be up there again for Overland Expo. With the 100 with a few overland tidbits attached.

Need to get out and camp more before it gets too hot. I haven't gone as much in the last few months like I had wished.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I want one with a 1HDt in it but with the driver position on the correct side .........
    We are going to start doing half-cuts. I can get you a 1hdt to put in your 80 so it's on the correct not (right) side. I want to do that with an 80 I have sitting. I'll send you an email when we get closer. (PM me yours)

Originally posted by Habla View Post
    Killer photo! Thats gonna be me and the dog this summer, mark my words.
    Thanks! Me too! I'll have a rtt soon, so I'll be able to let the dogs sleep in the 100 series (in kennels), and my girl and I above in the tent.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    Killer photo! Thats gonna be me and the dog this summer, mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I want one with a 1HDt in it but with the driver position on the correct side .........

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    ^ Noice!!

If you're ever camping in or around Flag, let me know! Always looking for an excuse to spend more time in nature.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    It's been awhile since posting on r3v.

This is old.

Joshua Tree with some JDM Diesel/Turbo Diesel Land Cruisers

Leave a comment:

• Mwishlist
    replied
    I had two Tacomas. The first was the first year model, 1995.5 I think? I put a 190k on, had a head gasket go and replaced it in an afternoon. Then a month later a girl hit me almost head on and totaled the damn thing.

My second I bought used and put a ton on miles on it then one day I saw it, the frame was collapsing where the leaf spring connected in the front due to rust. I was going to take it to a local guy who builds race cars to look at, when a girl I worked with told me about the recall. I called the dealership and he said, "if it's perforated I won't be able to let you leave in it." I said, "Well I can fit my fist through the hole." and he said, "Get your stuff out of it and bring it by."

They paid me $10k for a truck that I paid $5k used for and put like 60k miles on. I used the money to buy my first BMW so I guess it worked out in the end, but I did love that truck. . .

Leave a comment:

• psmura
    replied
    Originally posted by Habla View Post
    The red one is rebuilt, turns out. Shady bastards. Hated the color anyway...

History is a good call, I'm tracing the origins of them to see if they came from the rust belt, etc. Did the frame issues get resolved at the end of gen1? Or all based on location?

That's a very good idea regarding the origins of each car. If you are going to get a car from the rust belt you don't want to be paying a premium for it. Cars in the Northeast are significantly cheaper then the West Coast, and rightfully so.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    The red one is rebuilt, turns out. Shady bastards. Hated the color anyway...

History is a good call, I'm tracing the origins of them to see if they came from the rust belt, etc. Did the frame issues get resolved at the end of gen1? Or all based on location?

Leave a comment:

• mariano_is_my_hero
    replied
    i would buy based on cond and history vs mileage with any toyota/honda/mazda

i just picked up a lc 200 with 180k miles and it looks and rives new. prob will have 300k miles when i sell it a few years from now

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    ^^ Limited and 4-door would be worth the extra 2k to me, especially since it's an 06.

234k is nothing for these things. I am at 291k in an 01.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    Update: dumped the F150. Pretty happy.

Anyone have any THOTS on this? Besides the red mom-color (I dont love it)? Being Toyotas, I feel like I don't necessarily have to chase the lowest mileage example. For instance, theres also a nice blue 2006 facelift crew cab with matching leer canopy, but a lot of moolah for 234k...
    Red, 159k
    Blue, 236k, +$2000

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
    Pretty sad found a small hole in the frame of my 2002 tacoma right behind the passenger rear wheel. I called toyota and turns out my truck is out of the 15 year warranty since it is a 2002 even though it was undercoated. But it still qualifies for the spare tire carrier recall. Guess I'm going to have look into patching it myself. Truck only has 262,000 miles as well.
    I would call up the chain to corporate and complain. It's a well-known issue and you are not that far out of warranty, I would bet if you cause a fuss you'll get it repaired.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X