X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
    Pretty sad found a small hole in the frame of my 2002 tacoma right behind the passenger rear wheel. I called toyota and turns out my truck is out of the 15 year warranty since it is a 2002 even though it was undercoated. But it still qualifies for the spare tire carrier recall. Guess I'm going to have look into patching it myself. Truck only has 262,000 miles as well.

Call corporate, they replaced my Camry hybrid battery a few thousand miles outside of the warranty.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    talk to Exodus he patched up his 3rd gen T4R in a similar spot (though Drivers side IIRC) not all that long ago.....

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Pretty sad found a small hole in the frame of my 2002 tacoma right behind the passenger rear wheel. I called toyota and turns out my truck is out of the 15 year warranty since it is a 2002 even though it was undercoated. But it still qualifies for the spare tire carrier recall. Guess I'm going to have look into patching it myself. Truck only has 262,000 miles as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    SAS when

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Welp, my 4runner will be back! Got ready to sell it but the Wife requested I repair it. I was ready to buy her a new style Durango next year but she wants to keep the old 3rd gen.

Going to start tearing down the front end this week I think. Will probably fabricate the bumper while I'm at it.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    Thanks for the inputs dudes. The f150's clutch is going now. So rad

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    LOL thanks Kershaw the cloning tool hard at work....
    Cloning tool? Lol, you gotta get with the times. That was Content Aware Fill hard at work. It's automatic and does 95% of the work for you.

Leave a comment:

• DealinDave@Blunttech.com
    replied
    Originally posted by mariano_is_my_hero View Post
    i'd get a first gen tundra with the 4.6 v8 over any 20+ year old f150 any day. the first gen tundra prob has higher payload and towing then a early 90's f150. id look at something like this

https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/c...474758669.html
    The Tundra frame rust isn't as huge of a deal in CA, but anywhere there is snow and salt, it should be a major concern. In my past life, I worked at a Toyota dealership and watched a ton of them come through that had catastrophic frame corrosion that were otherwise in excellent mechanical condition.

I would also only consider the 05-06 models as the transmissions were more stout than the early years.

Leave a comment:

• mariano_is_my_hero
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    LOL thanks Kershaw the cloning tool hard at work.... Yes I wish I could do that to my front yard too, but then I and my neighbors would not have any juice.

Early tundras are mehhhh for a work truck, you will likely want your f150 back for its capability over an early tundra.
    i'd get a first gen tundra with the 4.6 v8 over any 20+ year old f150 any day. the first gen tundra prob has higher payload and towing then a early 90's f150. id look at something like this

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    LOL thanks Kershaw the cloning tool hard at work.... Yes I wish I could do that to my front yard too, but then I and my neighbors would not have any juice.

Early tundras are mehhhh for a work truck, you will likely want your f150 back for its capability over an early tundra.

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    Hi.

Want to get rid of my 94 f150 work truck, but I think tacos are a bit small for a builder, and no rear doors (the older ones I could afford, anyway)...

Anyone have any hesitations/input on 2000s Tundras? T100s are weird.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    Hell yeah, looks beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Took the power lines out

Leave a comment:

• mariano_is_my_hero
    replied
    the pana radio/cb combo is a great period correct find

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    No need. It was prewired at the driver's side fender for CB radio by the PO. All I did was a missing aerial. I went with a 3' Firestick, which is a few inches taller than my roof and alerts me to low parking garages before scraping/cracking my fiberglass roof. Still need to tune the antenna with a SWR meter before using the CB.

Here's a pic with the antenna. I'm pretty pleased with how the rattle can paint job on the whole truck (except windshield frame and front apron) is holding up. Waiting for good weather before doing more masking and getting into the tight spots with rattle can. I shot 90% of the truck in about 2 hours, with minimal masking using only blue painters tape, all in one go during a narrow opportunity of dry and warmish weather out here a few months ago.

Check out its buddy E30 (with wind splits!) keeping him company in the background. They are good friends. Ran out of things to do on the E30, which is part of the reason I got the FJ40.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	7193934

Leave a comment:

Working...
X