X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrsleeve
    replied
    ^

I likey, you going to put a big ol whip on the back side of it, to make use of the CB......

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    Installed. Initially, I hung the mic in an empty gauge hole in the dash that was left by an auxiliary fuel gauge I no longer needed. I managed to wire in the auxiliary fuel sender (with the use of a potentiometer for calibration) into the stock fuel gauge, with a switch to choose readings between the tanks, so I could ditch the extra gauge.

Didn't like that gaping hole. FJ40 never came with a clock (surprising, because they are so slow). The new radio doesn't have a clock, because they didn't back then. So I found a quartz, illuminated aircraft clock that I repurposed for my Land Cruiser. Still need to clean up the clock mount, looks too clunky like that. After two weeks, this clock is still accurate to the second.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	7193928

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	7193929
    Last edited by Nader393; 01-23-2018, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    My '76 FJ40 needed a radio. I wanted something period correct. In my research, I found this ad, which is awesome. This was back in a time when alluring women routinely graced car magazine covers.

Somehow I found this vintage '76 Panasonic combination AM/FM stereo/CB on eBay and snagged it right away. Had the original box and all papers, including the application for a CB license that was required back in the days of CB mania in the '70s.

Name:	panasonic.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	7193925

Name:	IMG_1457.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	7193926

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	7193927

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I live in a valley, every window in the house has a view thats just the one to the north ;)

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Can't say I wouldn't mind being able to open the front door and look at that!

I couldn't deal with the real winters though.

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    That last one would be perfect if you'd have just cut that telephone pole down before taking it! Those mountains look beautiful, gorgeous scenery.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Warm day for For January, had to be pushing 40 and the sun was shining, so after about 5 miles of Cross Country Skiing this am. It was time for a mid winters clean up and detail. It was T-shirt weather in the sun so I even got a coat of wax on the wife's T4R....

So finally after nearly a year I got a couple sibling shots just quickies in the drive way where the snow is plowed out.

IMG_1492 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1505 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Siblings by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-15-2018, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied

For anyone who didn't see it and is interested

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    From what I've read the TC's are pretty rugged given they're a proper stainless ball, unlike the many chrome ones on the market. Northern Alberta winters however can kill anything.

Leave a comment:

• marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    For 3.0 3VZE engines being the worst god damn thing on earth, people seem to want and arm and a leg for them if they happen to be in a 89-94 pickup...
    Scarcity at play I think. What a horrid engine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    For 3.0 3VZE engines being the worst god damn thing on earth, people seem to want and arm and a leg for them if they happen to be in a 89-94 pickup...

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    And yeah the T/C UCAs are doing just fine on our rig, all though I ( and the wife for that matter) are a little obsessive about keeping the uniball and the bushings hosed off and clean as we can with all the nasty winter shit this time of year . Great product I am acctually I am kinda glad I ended up with over the icons I think now......
    Part of the reason I went with the SPC UCA's, I was worried about unsealed joints for a DD.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    Hey I can understand that, trails are nearly as much as my soccer mom mobile and the Pro's are with in like 250 bucks MSRP lol. There is nothing wrong with your set up at all, you get a little more utility with the set up you have going on vs putting dirty shit INSIDE the unit. I really like the Extended cab Vs Crew you went with. Going to keep the bed stock or going to add/build a drawer set up for it since you are keeping it good a dry with that cap.

And yeah the T/C UCAs are doing just fine on our rig, all though I ( and the wife for that matter) are a little obsessive about keeping the uniball and the bushings hosed off and clean as we can with all the nasty winter shit this time of year . Great product I am acctually I am kinda glad I ended up with over the icons I think now......

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Trail premium my friend, all though lacking the awd case, and air conditioned seats, is a very good setup. Only reason I we got the limited was for the awd case for the wife, and we did not get the 3rd row. If it was my primary unit, I would have got the trail and still put the foxes or icon extended travel on it
    Priced one out online, wasn't an option I was comfortable with. Have crawl control and rear locker in this thing, and the canopy will give me enough time when camping to avoid becoming grizzly shit.

Upside is the total chaos UCA's I bought for the t4r are the same part# as this, so may be a suspension in the works.

Leave a comment:

• e30_world
    replied
    always wanted an FJ80 or FJ100 now that I'm getting older with a kid. Had two FJ60's and I love them but the pricing on them is just going outta control. Would also love a first gen yota but they don't make an extended cab.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X