No announcement yet.

Well it was fun when it lasted.............:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance will not pay for a new OEM rim from the dealer since that's not what was on your car when it was hit. They will replace anything damaged on your vehicle at the time of the accident that was a result of the accident.

They should also pay for your rental car while your car gets fixed by a body shop.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      Insurance will not pay for a new OEM rim from the dealer since that's not what was on your car when it was hit. They will replace anything damaged on your vehicle at the time of the accident that was a result of the accident.

They should also pay for your rental car while your car gets fixed by a body shop.

Yes but the wheels I have have been discontinued. Oh and they will replace bilstien sports also? The passenger side one is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        i woulda beat the kid with a tire iron..

I would be Lying if I didn't want to do that

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post

Was he on drugs or just retarded?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

He's 16. Doesn't need to be on drugs to do stupid shit. He freaked when he hit the first car, then totally flipped when he got identified. 16y.os are generally not rational humans.

Discontinued doesn't mean not available. They'll pay you the value of your rim. That said, it definitely complicates things and you'll have to figure that out with your insurance company.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
              He's 16. Doesn't need to be on drugs to do stupid shit. He freaked when he hit the first car, then totally flipped when he got identified. 16y.os are generally not rational humans.

Discontinued doesn't mean not available. They'll pay you the value of your rim. That said, it definitely complicates things and you'll have to figure that out with your insurance company.

Yea not worried worse comes to worst I'll just have to buy a new set. Ain't my money:p

Comment

I have a pass side fender that isnt too bad. you can have it
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
                  BLOOD FOR PAINT! BLOOD FOR PAINT!
                  :hitler:
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I have a pass side fender that isnt too bad. you can have it

Thanks :) just got the car to my shop to have everything checked out. If I need it I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      BLOOD FOR PAINT! BLOOD FOR PAINT!

:hitler:

Lmaoooooo

Comment

Sorry to here man. :(
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by bobombeta View Post
                          high school... How old is this kid?

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                            Sorry to here man. :(

It's all good I didn't like that fender either way and the bilsteins were on their way out

Comment

Originally posted by Zinoberrot View Post
                              Anyone who does that shouldn't be driving again for a long, long time. If ever.
                              It's highly unlikely that he will lose driving privilege at all, and if he does he'll probably do the same shit without a license. I'm honestly surprised they tracked him down, I was thinking the cops would come back saying the plate is stolen and leaving nobody with any hope of recourse. As it stands I'll bet the damages will be in excess of the insurance limits and there will be more loss on OP's part between the repairs and rental car. If I witnessed a hit and run I'd chase as long as it was safe, but all I need to do is get close enough to have the plate legible on my dashcam and the chase is over.

Dashcams; if you don't have one, get one.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                It's highly unlikely that he will lose driving privilege at all, and if he does he'll probably do the same shit without a license. I'm honestly surprised they tracked him down, I was thinking the cops would come back saying the plate is stolen and leaving nobody with any hope of recourse. As it stands I'll bet the damages will be in excess of the insurance limits and there will be more loss on OP's part between the repairs and rental car. If I witnessed a hit and run I'd chase as long as it was safe, but all I need to do is get close enough to have the plate legible on my dashcam and the chase is over.

Dashcams; if you don't have one, get one.

Yup that's what I was wishing for. If I had a dash cam I would have had the footage also.

Comment

Working...
                                X