Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob
    replied
    Anyone running a red dot on a pistol (regular pistol, not an AR)? I'm kicking around the idea, mainly as an aid to my dad who is my main shooting pardner. Seems like a dot would help his aging eyes.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Yeah, I would guess if they were mass produced like firearms, the prices would be 1/3 of what they currently are.

My plans would be to pretty much stick any suppressor on the 300 pistol and just leave it that way. Realistically though, I am sure I would end up throwing it on the ar and my bullpup every chance I had.

I got a feeling I’m gonna be paying a pretty penny for mine as i need one that will fit in my Handguard. I want one that slips over the barrel.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Yeah, at a glance, $900 seems high, but that's a pretty high end silencer and the internals are probably fancy cnc machined stuff that requires a lot of machine time. Even with that if they didn't have to spend a bunch of money jumping through hoops to make and sell them they'd probably be designed for efficient mass production and half the price.
    Yeah, I would guess if they were mass produced like firearms, the prices would be 1/3 of what they currently are.

My plans would be to pretty much stick any suppressor on the 300 pistol and just leave it that way. Realistically though, I am sure I would end up throwing it on the ar and my bullpup every chance I had.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Their integral .300 blackout upper is cool. Easy way to get around tax stamps
    Yeah, I missed a deal on Sig's direct thread can for $250, the design would allow it to be pinned to a barrel. I am looking at doing this more as I am sick of SBR stamps when i never shoot unsuppressed these days.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    YHM Resonator is only $433

Their integral .300 blackout upper is cool. Easy way to get around tax stamps

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    YHM Resonator is only $433

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Yeah, at a glance, $900 seems high, but that's a pretty high end silencer and the internals are probably fancy cnc machined stuff that requires a lot of machine time. Even with that if they didn't have to spend a bunch of money jumping through hoops to make and sell them they'd probably be designed for efficient mass production and half the price.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Thats the one i was looking at aswell. It is crazy how they are so expensive. I remember back a fee years ago there was a guy selling “oil catches” but they were just silencers with out the hole on the end drilled out. COuld get them for like 300 bucks. And then the fed kicked down his door lol.
    Sounds like SDTactical. He is still in business, but only selling completed monocore cans now. His prices are still awesome and I wouldn't mind picking one up.

I did a form 1 with his titanium tube, muzzle device and adapter, along with stainless freeze plug baffles that I formed in a press. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Any can suggestions? Eyeballing the silencerco Omega 300. Is it worth the price? Can’t believe a freakin tube with some baffles cost as much as (in my case 3x more) than the entire gun, or a good piece of glass. What a racket. So much more tech and r&d into good glass and firearms.
    It's all about what you plan on doing with it. Personally, I would rather have a Dead Air Nomad, EA Vox-S, Q Trash Panda, or YHM Nitro, or Rugged Can.

I have a lot of SilencerCo and Dead air stuff, that being said, if i was doing it all over, i would get a Vox-S or YHM. YHM is a lot of can for the money

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    There's a lot more than just a tube and some washers in a good suppressor.

The way in which the device mounts takes a lot of trial and error. The Dead Air QD mounts are some of the best in the industry. One of the reason I got a Sandman-S.

You can always form 1 a suppressor if you think you can do better.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Any can suggestions? Eyeballing the silencerco Omega 300. Is it worth the price? Can’t believe a freakin tube with some baffles cost as much as (in my case 3x more) than the entire gun, or a good piece of glass. What a racket. So much more tech and r&d into good glass and firearms.

Thats the one i was looking at aswell. It is crazy how they are so expensive. I remember back a fee years ago there was a guy selling “oil catches” but they were just silencers with out the hole on the end drilled out. COuld get them for like 300 bucks. And then the fed kicked down his door lol.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Got all the parts for my pistol build but the lower. Stupid snow storm delayed it until Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Ordered a Larue mbt for the 300blk pistol. Will report back on how it copmares vs the geiselle ssa-e. Also going to swap out the pistol grip on my ar for an ergo tactical deluxe grip. I have large hands and hopefully it will better fill the palm of my hand.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    I work at a major NGFW company and our operating systems that are put out...im not sure how they pass our QC... They do a quick blip and send it out. Granted we can't test for every possible scenario,...but yeah...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X