X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    The 26 is a decent gun it's just too bulky, it's in a weird spot size wise. I'd go with a 43 over a 26, it is significantly thinner, though still thick for a single stack compact 9. If you're dressed to carry a 26 you can probably carry a 19 instead, because it's no subcompact/pocket gun unless you're a giant like Hickok45. Still, there are other single stack 9s I'd have over a Glock 43, most of them are slimmer.
    Which single stacks are thinner than the 43? I didn't really go test out many options because I knew I would ultimately end up sticking with my beloved Glocks. Hard to imagine anything being much slimmer!

I think the 43 is the smallest gun I can comfortably shoot, and even considered a hogue grip to add a bit of girth.

Originally posted by mrmilom1990 View Post
    Nice to know it works perfectly for you. I got also mine for G26 made from Kydex material. How about if you're driving a car? I read an article from a good site about cc holsters for vehicles (https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/veh...ers-concealed/) because I have to be sure if carrying it with you while driving is safe and legal. What do you think?

Let me know. Thanks:)
    I almost never remove my pistol for driving, thankfully I've never really experienced discomfort from carrying on my hip while driving.

I like the idea of those magnets though. I have the benefit of falling under LEOSA and can carry legally almost anywhere in the USA. The places I'm not supposed to? Well, if you're carrying correct they'll never know :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mrmilom1990
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    My cousin just sold his G26 for the G43x and he wont shut up about it. He absolutely adores it, and I also love my standard 43. With the Pierce +1 round extension I have pictured above, I can't imagine a more perfect CCW :)

I did actually look at those holsters, decided against it 1) because the price of the NT was too good to pass up, and 2) I don't always wear a belt, so having clips to secure over my waist band comes in handy pretty often. Those loops would require the wearing of a belt..
    Nice to know it works perfectly for you. I got also mine for G26 made from Kydex material. How about if you're driving a car? I read an article from a good site about cc holsters for vehicles (https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/veh...ers-concealed/) because I have to be sure if carrying it with you while driving is safe and legal. What do you think?

Let me know. Thanks:)

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    The 26 is a decent gun it's just too bulky, it's in a weird spot size wise. I'd go with a 43 over a 26, it is significantly thinner, though still thick for a single stack compact 9. If you're dressed to carry a 26 you can probably carry a 19 instead, because it's no subcompact/pocket gun unless you're a giant like Hickok45. Still, there are other single stack 9s I'd have over a Glock 43, most of them are slimmer.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Nice choice! I can't decide between a 43 or a 26 with my GSSF coupon.

Can't recommend Phlster enough. Spendy for sure but awesome products

I love my skeleton from them.
    My cousin just sold his G26 for the G43x and he wont shut up about it. He absolutely adores it, and I also love my standard 43. With the Pierce +1 round extension I have pictured above, I can't imagine a more perfect CCW :)

I did actually look at those holsters, decided against it 1) because the price of the NT was too good to pass up, and 2) I don't always wear a belt, so having clips to secure over my waist band comes in handy pretty often. Those loops would require the wearing of a belt..

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Nice choice! I can't decide between a 43 or a 26 with my GSSF coupon.

Can't recommend Phlster enough. Spendy for sure but awesome products

I love my skeleton from them.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    What holster are you using for it with the tlr6?

I bought a tlr1 for the nightstand guna while back, and although stream lights are a little pricey, they are damn well worth the $$. Good choice.
    Ended up going with an NT Hybrid holster at the recommendation of a coworker. If I don't like it, I'll probably pick up a Tulster holster as they seem pretty highly recommended.

This is also my nighstand gun, figured it would be a good idea to have a light source should I ever actually need it at night... :)

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Added a TLR-6 and Foxx grips to my CCW. Likely going to get some OEM night sights to finish it off.

What holster are you using for it with the tlr6?

I bought a tlr1 for the nightstand guna while back, and they are damn well worth the $$. Good choice.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 02-19-2019, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Added a TLR-6 and Foxx grips to my CCW. Likely going to get some OEM night sights to finish it off.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    We were talking about RMRs on pistols earlier

https://youtu.be/cuGF_6UjIDw?t=485

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    nice build!

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    From a pile of parts.

To one kick ass .300blk pistol I just need my can now.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I've shot one pistol with a red dot, and it was on a g17l some guy at the range had.

That said, it was ridiculously accurate.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Anyone running a red dot on a pistol (regular pistol, not an AR)? I'm kicking around the idea, mainly as an aid to my dad who is my main shooting pardner. Seems like a dot would help his aging eyes.

I got a leupold dpp on my 509tac. Once you get used to having an optic on a pistol its cheating. I got it zero’d and was hitting the same spot almost every time. My only gripe is that when i was shooting for some reason unburned powder and a little bit of oil residue got on the glass and it had to be cleaned

On a side note. I was made aware that my LGS offers “conjugal visits” for you when you buy a suppressor from them and are waiting for the stamp to come in. Makes it even more tempting to buy.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Once you use a reflex sight on a pistol you'll find yourself trying to figure out a way to implement it on your carry gun because it is just so much better. Unfortunately, as we all know it's just not realistic to do that.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Running a Romeo 1 6moa dot on Sig 320x5. Very happy with it thus far...... 6 months so far. It’s like a scope vs iron sights in difference for ease of use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X