Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eternal24k
    replied
    I also really hate bright colors like blue and red on firearms. Unless they are less than lethal they should never be red or blue

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I'm fine with all colors really. However, I'm totally against "battleworn" finishes. So lame.
    Agreed. IMO the same goes for Punisher skulls and crusader shields, that stuff is so tacky

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    I'm fine with all colors really. However, I'm totally against "battleworn" finishes. So lame.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    Wanna know how I know you're gay?
    Since we're now in middle school, I'll return fire:

I'm guessing you think it because I have superior taste relative to you, and gays stereotypically have good taste.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Anyone here into muzzleloaders?

Father in law let me borrow a knight for the early season because we are in different states and the seasons don't coincide.

Gotta give it back at Thanksgiving, and I want to get in on the late season here as well.

Seriously considering grabbing one of the CVA Optima 2 in stainless, or the Accura MR. Doesn't sound like there's much to be gained with the Accura over the Optima though. They have the same barrel, but the Accura is given a couple extra finishing steps. I've read online that unless you are shooting competition, you won't notice the difference. The optima is good for 1 MOA.

I have read that CVA used to have some issues, but sounds like the newer ones are pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Not a fan of any color other than black though, especially FDE.
    Wanna know how I know you're gay?

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Nice!!!! Mid-length gas and most likely a proper sized port, I bet it will shoot really well!

I think I've settled on what I might do with the lower I have sitting around (man I love the builder on arfcom): KISS dissy, irons only, fixed stock, etc. Thoughts? It'll be a range blaster and that's about it.
    Looks cool. I'm a big fan of 'dissipators'. Not a fan of any color other than black though, especially FDE. Removable carry handle/sight or integrated?

I'm going to build another AR soon since I also have a lower in a box somewhere at the back of the safe, and it'll be a dissipator, though I want it to have a lower 1/3 co-witnessing red dot. Nothing tacticool or 'race gun' just a practical short/medium range carbine with that nice long sight radius and long handguard aesthetic.
    Last edited by varg; 11-04-2018, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Thinking of using pure tung oil for your next project? Follow this easy beginner's guide from Real Milk Paint and start your new project today!

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Any of you guys have any tips for using Pure tung oil on a stock? I am starting to condition the new stock on my Garand. So far I have done two coats at 50/50 tung oil/mineral spirits with a light sanding of wet/dry 400 in between, one coat 75/25 tung oil/ m.s. and today did one coat 100% tung oil. Plant to wait 3 days and hit it again with 100% t.0. I am hoping that will be enough coats. Not really sure how to tell when the pores are full. Let it sit 3-4 weeks to cure and re assemble. Hopefully I don’t end up with a sticky mess.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Apparently the CMP is starting to make calls about the 1911s, so it shouldn't be too long before we start seeing those.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Well this opened my eyes to ammo availability. I didn’t realize the gp11 ammo was non existent at the moment and the ppu is just as scarce. I do really like the rifle though. Handled a k31 local to me and really liked it. Especially when compared to the beat to hell mosin that was on the wall next to it. The k31 was a little rougher than I liked so I passed on that particular one. Lack of ammo is a bit of a concern, but I am fairly patient and could just stock up when some becomes available, but am a little afraid at what price it may command.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    I had a k31 years ago. It was really accurate and the operation was really cool. Ammo and finding the chargers was annoying. I shot a couple of vintage matches with it and did well, but ended up selling it on

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
    a1. Do the shiny basketweave too?
    Bingo! They had two boxes of po-po holsters, this was the only lefty I could find.
    Last edited by Rob; 10-16-2018, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dsphil
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    how is finding ammo? Cheap or expensive?

Well this sucks. 6 months ago there is still plenty around at .75/rd. Now it seems all out of stock. I bought 480rd for $300 then.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    how is finding ammo? Cheap or expensive?

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    K31 is an all-time favorite of mine. It's an absolute tack driver. Although i have been having a hard time finding anyone to chop one of mine to make a suppressed tanker (i know, heresy, blah blah blah)..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X