No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulkammo had 20, 1000 round packs of PMC m855 when I placed my order. Now, sold out. They are probably loving the batf right now.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I liked the look of that knife, so I looked it up. Almost $400 for that piece of metal! Dont get me wrong I am all for buying quality even if its more expensive, but that seams a bit crazy for a fixed blade knife. Is it made out of metal from Mars or something?
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

limited availability from a well known and highly desirable knife maker/designer goes A LONG way on pricing.

IIRC they have their own proprietary steel, that is not commercially available anywhere else but them. Not saying its better than a s30v etc... as I have no knowledge of the particulars of their steel, but I would think there is a high cost associated with it having to be made in small batches for this one small knife maker in ohio...
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-15-2015, 07:04 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I don't take offense to anyone calling me crazy for spending what they would consider a ridiculous amount for a knife. It spoke to me and I had to have it. It's not the type of purchase I would try to condone. Either you get it or you don't. I am starting to get into custom knives and that is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

It is one hell of a chunk of steel though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            Actually its the other way around. The 1-7 twist is better at heavier rounds vs say a 1-9 twist. I hand load a lot of 69gn for my rifles and they eat that shit up. I have some TAP 75gn but found the 69gn shot just as well and it was cheaper for me to reload than to buy boxes of of TAP ammo.

See if you can pick up a box or two of Black Hills 69 Red box.

Are the shots that hit directly center your first shots, then having them walk out? Your shot groups are not that bad but I was thinking maybe the barrel heating up causing the point of impact to shift. If it was a single round, I would blame that on maybe shooting technique or an off round. You show constancy both before and after the shift.

That rifle has got to be a blast to shoot.

Don't know if anyone follows TiborasaurusRex on youtube. He does a long series called Sniper 101. The guy is amazing when it comes to long distance shooting and he goes way into depth on everything ever needed to know about long distance shooting. Cale, here is the section on barrel twist when he talks about stability of the bullet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3h0pMQAFUU
            I'm an idiot, it is a 1:9. I knew it favored lighter rounds.

No matter, it was ringing the gong at 600m consistently this past Sunday.

This is our shooting location we made, about 4' raised platform 4x8. Plenty of room for a shooter to be comfy, and a spotter to make do. We're exactly 600m from a pretty substantial berm, and we're going to drive stakes at 100m increments out to there. There's about a 200m tall hill way off to the side where you can shoot down into a clearing for probably 2000 yards, so more than enough room to have fun.

Working in tshirts in the middle of Feb is nice.

Comment

very cool, I still think if you were to try some black hills 69gn blue or red box, you would be sub moa with your rifle. Keep us updated! Hitting Gongs at 600m is helafun!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Has anyone shot a Sig P320? No store near me has one.
                -Alex

Comment

Goddammit R3V, I did it again . . .

SLR-104 Plum
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

^^ As much as I disliked my Ak47, I want me some under folder so so bad.

So I've got my lc9 listed fs/ft and just got my first questionable email.

Something along the lines of, I'm interested in this for my Mother in law because her house just got broken into.

Anyone else see why I'm not responding to this one?
                    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 02-22-2015, 11:56 AM.
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...mon-ar-15-ammo

Comment

Cops came to my house the other day looking for me. They had my photo and asked a roommate if I was in fact a resident at that location.

My roommate hesitated and in an effort to "have my back", he said he wasn't sure if I lived there and that he doesn't know if I lived there or not. Very noble, but kind of screwed up my CCW permit process.

Excellent.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                          Cops came to my house the other day looking for me. They had my photo and asked a roommate if I was in fact a resident at that location.

My roommate hesitated and in an effort to "have my back", he said he wasn't sure if I lived there and that he doesn't know if I lived there or not. Very noble, but kind of screwed up my CCW permit process.

Excellent.
                          Wow, why were the cops at your house for a CCW?
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^ Because California
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                              Wow, why were the cops at your house for a CCW?
                              Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              ^ Because California
                              Part of the CCW process is that a Sheriff must verify your place of residence, to confirm that your application information does in fact coincide with true residency.

Apparently many guys will apply for CCW with false addresses, or their buddy's addresses in a favorable county or city. In this case, Orange County.

Because California.
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

You should have let your roommate know what the deal is. Fucking california.
                                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X