Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
    Don't really need to tinker with the Taurus, seems like it's all there. Just curious though, what parts are there on a PT 1911 that are not interchangeable with the standard 1911 parts (yeah, I know about "drop in" bs)? Are you saying a match barrel and bushing or match hammer and sear could not be installed? Seems like the exploded diagram on the Taurus site makes the PT 1911 a clone of a series 80 Colt except for the funky hammer lock.

No experience with the Taurus (I like the 1911 I'm wearing), but it looks like a good value for a starter 1911, and I don't see why you *can't* tinker with it. Whether you *should* is a different thing.

The basic design of the Taurus is a copy of the Colt Series 80, however most of the components (especially internal components such as the sear, mainspring, safety assembly, barrel, etc.) are dimensionaly different from the 1911 enough that you have to use Taurus specific parts. It is the same runaround that you get from the likes of the Colt-Sistema pistols. They are the same, but different.
    Sure, the average owner won't 'need' to tinker with a 1911, but the average e30 doesn't 'need' to tinker with thier cars either.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
      anyone shoot the Benelli Vinci yet?
      I have not seen it or shot it yet but have been hearing a lot talk from the guys at the local store. I did get a brochure for it tho but still haven't looked thru it yet.

What have you heard about it?

A little off topic but I did put some money down on a couple things (Benelli M4 and the Colt M4 in .22LR). I pick up next week and will post pics. I'm very excited about these 2 new ones .

Rey
      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

After some lookin, I think I decided on a Glock 22 (.40) as my first pistol. I was cruisin their site and noticed something called the "c" model, that has some extra machining to help control the gun during rapid fire (from what I could gather). Has anyone heard anything about this, good or bad?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

If it's like the Glock 10mm my Brother used to have, it will have 2 mill slots in the upper part of the slide, and a compensated barrel with 2 or 3 port-holes for each corresponding slot. If it was just getting dark and you touched it off, it would look like a Top Fuel dragster.

Comment

Nice, and I think that's what it is. The website shows additional milling on the top of the slide, at the front of the gun, as well as what looked to be milling in the barrel. Did he like it? Did it make the gun easier to control?

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
              Nice, and I think that's what it is. The website shows additional milling on the top of the slide, at the front of the gun, as well as what looked to be milling in the barrel. Did he like it? Did it make the gun easier to control?
              What are you going to be using the g22 for? You dont need it on a 40S&W sure a 40's snappy but its controlable.. Im sure it helps tame a 10mm In a pastic gun.
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

22 I'm hoping will be my first pistol purchase. I'll be taking the required course and applying for CCW shortly after my birthday as well (December, she's approachin).

Comment

22 I'm hoping will be my first pistol purchase. I'll be taking the required course and applying for CCW shortly after my birthday as well (December, she's approachin).
                  For CCW Id go smaller than the G22 Id go with a 23.
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I'll keep that in mind. I guess I'm not definitely decided on what to get, just after doing some searching and poking here and there, I'd like a .40 Glock. I really need to go hold some and decide then if the full size or compact is better. Is there a price difference between like, the Full size, compact, subcompact?

Comment

for referance I carry full size sig p220 and I am 6 foot 175-180 just depends on how you dress and your holster on how well it hides
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I'm maybe 5'10", 225. To be honest I haven't given the actual carry aspect much thought yet. I want to get the class and paperwork in quickly, but there's a bit of a wait in this county, so I'd like to really shoot the gun and familiarize myself with it before I start carrying it. After looking at the G23, it's a pretty sweet set up.... I really think I just need to hold a few and decide

Comment

Seeings how that was the only 10mm I've ever shot and I always felt the mass of the slide wasn't offset by frame weight, the muzzle still seemed to climb more than I like or was used to. I had always shot 1911's in .45 or various metal framed 9's. So maybe I'm not a good point of reference.

That being said, and I think it's been mentioned, I wanted a Delta after shooting that Glock.

Comment

Pictures for reference...

or

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's worth it really.

Comment

If the bullet flying at the guy breaking into your house does not scare the shit out of the robber, him looking at some sorcerer with a friggin' dragon belching fire in his hands sure should.

Comment

Working...
                                X