Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up a Glock 23 in the morning :D

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
      I've decided that I'm building an AR.

I bought the lower receiver and the complete lower kit a few days ago. Still don't know what kind of upper to go for.

This gun will be for 300-500 yards of fun shooting.

Doing my research now.
      Yeah, 5.56 will lose a lot of steam by 300 yds. If you really want to stretch it out that much, go with a 20" barrel. Palmetto State has some really nice complete uppers if you get the CHF option.

Comment

:weak:
        Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
        I'm stuck between this and the spike's live/dead/undead for my next build.

Lol I was stuck between that one too but everytime I think about no pew I crack up.

Comment

Ok maybe 0-300 yards is more realistic.

Remember, I know nothing about guns. I'm using this as a learning experience.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Ok 1st things 1st. While a 5.56 is losing its battle with the atmosphere fast at 500 it should still be supersonic at that point, and carrying close to what a 9mm PB is at the muzzle to about the 20 yard mark. Its getting closer to the trans-sonic speed where it drop to sub sonic and with cheaper bulk ammo out of a shorter barrel length you might start to see some key holeing on your paper as some projectiles are going to have a tendency to start to tumble after dropping to sub-sonic speeds. Its still going to pack a decent wallop though, and if you hit something alive with it, its going to notice it, though I would not be using it for anything other than prairie dogs at anything past 300.

Its will be a bit of a frustrating learning curve at those distances to become proficient at hitting what you want that far out, but if you can keep it at about 3 moa at that distance you will be doing very good. But yeah 0-300 is a more realistic useful and effective range for a 5.56

If you want my 2 cents, I would get the A/R that you want to use and enjoy, but if you really want to learn how to shoot at greater distances pick your self up an off the shelf cheaper bolt gun, in a bit bigger caliber, .308 is a good one, 30-06 or similar hunting round, With a really good bit of glass in good mounts on top, to poke paper with to work on your fundamentals and actually learn how to shoot at extended ranges. If we could find 22LR I would say get a little bolt action 22 and use that A LOT to get your self proficient before costing a buck a bang. Almost everything you learn and practice will transition over to the bigger caliber.

When I say off the shelf Cheaper bolt gun I would be looking at a Savage 110 or 111 as they have come a long long way in the last 10 years and have a really nice trigger out of the box, or the legendary rem 700 for 300ish bucks with no glass and then put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 on it for about 400 more and practice practice practice neither of these set ups is likely to be a hole in hole tack driver with out work past 300 yards but should hold 1 1/2 MOA at 500yds with out too much issue. If you want to spend a little more but not totally break the bank I personally would buy a Tikka, and Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-21-2013, 02:01 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Bleh, decided not to take on that expense right now. I'll wait until my tax return :/

Moral of this story?

Comment

Sup. Just upgraded my AR-15 with a red dot and an A4 style upper. 8)

Comment

Anyone run a Colt 6920MP?

I was going to build one, but the Colt seems to have everything I want already. Right down to the 1:7 twist CL barrel...
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                    Bleh, decided not to take on that expense right now. I'll wait until my tax return :/
                    So you didn't get a 23? I will be getting a 23 here very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                      Sup. Just upgraded my AR-15 with a red dot and an A4 style upper. 8)

Thats a commando upper not a M4. Dont see much of them anymore. I always loved the look, but always felt it just needed a tax stamp to be that much cooler!

Nice stick!
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Anyone run a Colt 6920MP?

I was going to build one, but the Colt seems to have everything I want already. Right down to the 1:7 twist CL barrel...
                        Both my brothers have them. They are some of the nicest ARs built. And they will always hold their value just because its a colt. Run dont walk!
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          Thats a commando upper not a M4. Dont see much of them anymore. I always loved the look, but always felt it just needed a tax stamp to be that much cooler!

Nice stick!
                          Thanks!. :D

This is the upper receiver I am using: http://www.jdmachinetech.com/product/223UPR/223UPR.html

The barrel was originally connected to an A2 style upper receiver. Here:

I think it looks a lot cooler the new way I have the rifle setup. And the best part about the A4 / M4 upper receiver is that you can run optics unlike the A2, where only an ACOG looks good.

Comment

You know, I was going to try really hard to use my tax return wisely this year (car stuff?), and then I saw this . . .
                            Military style small arms are an important part of our culture and freedom. We celebrate military history and our 2nd Amendment rights here at MAC by bringing you to the range to shoot with us via a camera. Join us on the range! Basic ground rules: I don't care if you disagree with me or if you express that disagreement tactfully. Trolling, hate speech, attacking others in the comments will result in a ban if I see it. Let's keep it civil and fun! Full Disclosure: Most of the ammo used on the channel is donated by Federal. Oddball ammo I buy. T&E guns have been used over the years in videos but most are guns from my collection, my cameraman's collection or from friends. At this time MAC is crowd funded by Patreon. (Patreon.com/MilitaryArms). All commentary are opinions based on our experience with various products.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Have a Smith and Wesson I bought 20 years ago never shot, 38mm police special 5 shot snub nose, is this gun a collectors dream.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                                So you didn't get a 23? I will be getting a 23 here very soon.
                                Decided to wait until the end of January. I could have pulled it off this paycheck but I would have been cutting it close with everything else.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                                X