Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncrz View Post
    and doesnt gissele or tac con have an ATF approved bump fire trigger?

anyways, does anyone know what happenes to the existing sig braces IF the BATF were to reverse their decision? do people need to throw them out ? are they grandfathered down? or do you have to ann frank the merchandise?

You would have to turn them in. There would be no grandfather, nothing. They will give a time limit and after that time expires, it would be a felony to own.

Oh and poor choice of words...
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post

Oh and poor choice of words...

you are right, our dear leader the NSA is always listening

but it is not like I own one (or will), not the biggest fan of SBRs. The further the barrel end is from my ears, the better.

plus who needs SBR if you know how to SLICE THE PIE LIKE MOFO OPERATORZ, hurrr....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dynamic-Pie-Concepts/162163230620405http://instagram.com/dynamicpieconceptsWhen encountering a target with a reduced lateral s...

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
      I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Anybody tumble with stainless? Thinking about going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
          Anybody tumble with stainless? Thinking about going that route.
          You talking tumbling brass with ball bearings?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wet tumble?

Comment

Wet tumble with pins.

Thinking about making a setup or just getting https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...ku=00122909544

Comment

speaking of reloading tricks. Here is a simple product that will get your cases super shiny!

Lemi-Shine

After tumbling I will run my brass though a warm bath of water with this and allow to soak for a few hours. Moving the brass every so often. This will have your brass looking new or better than new. Also this helps when blue printing your brass. Inside and out is perfectly clean.

Comment

justin beat me to it

Comment

I would be concerned using anything that is harder that the brass. I tried Nu Finish with corn cob on the last batch of 223. It took a long time because the corn cob was smaller than I had used before but nothing got stuck in the flash hole and the brass came out pretty. I picked up the corn cob at White Hat in bulk and it was cheap but I had to buy 30 or 40 pounds. I also got a couple of 20 pound boxes of walnut media for the really tough jobs.

Cheers,

Jim
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                      I would be concerned using anything that is harder that the brass. I tried Nu Finish with corn cob on the last batch of 223. It took a long time because the corn cob was smaller than I had used before but nothing got stuck in the flash hole and the brass came out pretty. I picked up the corn cob at White Hat in bulk and it was cheap but I had to buy 30 or 40 pounds. I also got a couple of 20 pound boxes of walnut media for the really tough jobs.

Cheers,

Jim
                      I'm not concerned with it being harder than the brass. It is a proven method. I'm more curios on tips and tricks people may be using.

Comment

No worries, I was just trying to help you not make your brass degrade earlier than necessary. Folks have been using certain methods much longer than you have been on the earth and those methods are "proven". I also tried to give you a tip on where to get good media for cheap. There are always going to be short cuts and tricks to make things go faster and easier but there is a price to pay for taking that route. Good luck with reloading it is a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

I appreciate any tips somebody is willing to give me, and I thank you. I have corn cob and walnut in a vibrator already. I'm interested in trying another method now as well.

Comment

I want to get setup for wet tumbling. Lately my cases have been super shiny though so I've been holding off

Vdub, with that cleaner stuff are you just soaking them in a bucket or something?

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                              I want to get setup for wet tumbling. Lately my cases have been super shiny though so I've been holding off

Vdub, with that cleaner stuff are you just soaking them in a bucket or something?

yup I got a 5 gal paint bucket that I fill with hot water. Dump in 1k of brass at a time and use a broom handle to stir. I add maybe 1/4 cup to that mix. The best part is it cleans the inside the case as well. You can take a flash light and see the shinny brass inside as well. No carbon deposits etc... The primer pockets look brand new. Just drain and fill 1 more time with hot water. This is to remove any sludge that might have caught some brass etc... Pour the brass though a spaghetti strainer and allow to dry.

Pretty amazing stuff for a $4 bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post

Are you pressing .40 yet? Make me some ammo ;p

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                                X