Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob View Post
    currently in jail for 7 days.

Kind of an impulse buy, local pd trade in. Its a 40 (gross!), da/sa (yuck!), and plenty of holster wear (gross!), yet i'm totally stoked. I wanted a 40 (don't have one), da/sa for mantisx dry-practice, and i totally dig pieces that look like they've actually been carried and used. I picked the one with the best da trigger out of the bunch, almost as nice as my 92f.

Also got a nice safariland als (6377) holster in on the deal.

Oh yeah, how much? $240 out the door. Couldn't resist
    a1. Do the shiny basketweave too?
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I am fancying a Swiss K31. I really am starting to enjoy shooting non semi auto rifles, and milsurp’s really apeal to me..... even if they have never been fired in anger.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        I am fancying a Swiss K31. I really am starting to enjoy shooting non semi auto rifles, and milsurp’s really apeal to me..... even if they have never been fired in anger.
        That's what makes them cool, they are actual history. I had a mosin that more than one person said had brain matter or at least blood on it for a while, guy offered me $600 bucks for it and I quickly said ok!!

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          I've wanted a K31 since I saw them on IragVeteran8888 channel.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I am down to being able to fit one more long gun in the ol safe, so I need to choose wisely. Adding a safe is out of the question without having a basement. Decisions decisions.

Comment

The K31 was a good rifle and my favorite. The action is smooth and fast. Hardly used in wars and most of them are in very good condition. Recently there is a bunch of 1911s (not the Colt) out there. Way better than Mausers even though I had few of them.
              sigpic
              327is
              325es
              325es
              318is
              Fiesta ST
              E46 M3

Comment

K31 is an all-time favorite of mine. It's an absolute tack driver. Although i have been having a hard time finding anyone to chop one of mine to make a suppressed tanker (i know, heresy, blah blah blah)..

Comment

how is finding ammo? Cheap or expensive?
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    how is finding ammo? Cheap or expensive?

Well this sucks. 6 months ago there is still plenty around at .75/rd. Now it seems all out of stock. I bought 480rd for $300 then.
                    sigpic
                    327is
                    325es
                    325es
                    318is
                    Fiesta ST
                    E46 M3

Comment

I had a k31 years ago. It was really accurate and the operation was really cool. Ammo and finding the chargers was annoying. I shot a couple of vintage matches with it and did well, but ended up selling it on

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                      a1. Do the shiny basketweave too?
                      Bingo! They had two boxes of po-po holsters, this was the only lefty I could find.
                      Last edited by Rob; 10-16-2018, 03:41 AM.
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Well this opened my eyes to ammo availability. I didn’t realize the gp11 ammo was non existent at the moment and the ppu is just as scarce. I do really like the rifle though. Handled a k31 local to me and really liked it. Especially when compared to the beat to hell mosin that was on the wall next to it. The k31 was a little rougher than I liked so I passed on that particular one. Lack of ammo is a bit of a concern, but I am fairly patient and could just stock up when some becomes available, but am a little afraid at what price it may command.

Comment

Apparently the CMP is starting to make calls about the 1911s, so it shouldn't be too long before we start seeing those.
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Any of you guys have any tips for using Pure tung oil on a stock? I am starting to condition the new stock on my Garand. So far I have done two coats at 50/50 tung oil/mineral spirits with a light sanding of wet/dry 400 in between, one coat 75/25 tung oil/ m.s. and today did one coat 100% tung oil. Plant to wait 3 days and hit it again with 100% t.0. I am hoping that will be enough coats. Not really sure how to tell when the pores are full. Let it sit 3-4 weeks to cure and re assemble. Hopefully I don’t end up with a sticky mess.

Comment

Thinking of using pure tung oil for your next project? Follow this easy beginner's guide from Real Milk Paint and start your new project today!
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                Nice!!!! Mid-length gas and most likely a proper sized port, I bet it will shoot really well!

I think I've settled on what I might do with the lower I have sitting around (man I love the builder on arfcom): KISS dissy, irons only, fixed stock, etc. Thoughts? It'll be a range blaster and that's about it.
                                Looks cool. I'm a big fan of 'dissipators'. Not a fan of any color other than black though, especially FDE. Removable carry handle/sight or integrated?

I'm going to build another AR soon since I also have a lower in a box somewhere at the back of the safe, and it'll be a dissipator, though I want it to have a lower 1/3 co-witnessing red dot. Nothing tacticool or 'race gun' just a practical short/medium range carbine with that nice long sight radius and long handguard aesthetic.
                                Last edited by varg; 11-04-2018, 08:45 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X