No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Congrats! Let us know how it runs!

BTW - shouldn't be any reason any pmag won't work, unless there's something non-STANAG about the BCM lower? edit - just breezed through a thread on M4C. I'd probably just modify the pmags?

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger (heh heh)!

BCM Recce 14, and a Vortex Razor UH-1 optic is what I have so far.

Before it's duty ready I intend to purchase the following items:

- Foregrip (likely BCM short foregrip)
    - Sling (likely an adjustable strap like all my coworkers bought)
    - Streamlight tac light (650 or 1000 lumen)
    - Flip up sights
    - Extra mags (PMAG Gen 2 with the window, perhaps?)

Last edited by Rob; 01-03-2019, 12:12 PM.
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
      what range do you plan on shooting at?
      Everything around my house is going to be 100 yards or less. In this entire area I don't expect much past 150 yards.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Everything around my house is going to be 100 yards or less. In this entire area I don't expect much past 150 yards.
        I know that feeling

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
          A few years ago I scored a deal on a Ruger Super Blackhawk with 7 1/2" barrel from a co-worker. It was a fun gun, but it was way longer that what I like so I sold it with the intention of replacing it with something more wieldy. I finally sprung for a replacement a few weeks ago and got this 3.75" Super Blackhawk 44mag. Recoil doesn't seem as stout as the longer barrel, but I imagine that is partially due to lower velocities from the abbreviated package. It still tosses one hell of a fireball and is a riot to shoot.

That is a beautiful revolver and the black grips look good on that stainless frame!

If the shorter barrel was recoiling less than the longer I suspect that is more to do with different ammo than anything else. I have a similar Ruger in 44 Special and it is nice as well!

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            I am much more impressed with this Geissele trigger than I was with the Gray Guns trigger for the Sig P320.
            Would you say the Gray Guns trigger is worth it? I was considering getting one for my 226 awhile back but never pulled the trigger.

Late to the AR trigger talk party but I personally run the LaRue MBT-2S in all my guns. My mom has a Geissele (G2s i think?) in one of her rifles and the LaRue holds its own against it, if not better, and the LaRue is ONLY $87. If any of you are looking for a trigger for a new build or swapping I definitely recommend the LaRue.

Check it out:

LaRue MBT-2S
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I think it might be tough to compare a DA/SA trigger job to striker trigger job
              BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I think it might be tough to compare a DA/SA trigger job to striker trigger job
                Yeah I thought of that after I posted it. I guess I was wondering more of the quality of the kit/components.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                  Would you say the Gray Guns trigger is worth it? I was considering getting one for my 226 awhile back but never pulled the trigger.

Late to the AR trigger talk party but I personally run the LaRue MBT-2S in all my guns. My mom has a Geissele (G2s i think?) in one of her rifles and the LaRue holds its own against it, if not better, and the LaRue is ONLY $87. If any of you are looking for a trigger for a new build or swapping I definitely recommend the LaRue.

Check it out:

LaRue MBT-2S

I bought their competition kit for the 320x5. It definitely lightened the action as advertised. However I need to contact them as the break is like mush. I installed the kit myself, so that may have something to do with it. I am pretty sure the factory striker needs a little polish to make the break crisper. Really, I have just dragged my feet and not reached out to them to see what they have to say. Parts are all high quality and Bruce has built a great reputation, so I am sure they will either fix it or guide me in the right direction. I may even mail my gun into them. I would expect their 226 trigger jobs to be even better than the 320 with it being da/sa. Greyguns seems to have a lot of praise on the sig forums and from what I can tell be favored over apex..... who is probably their main competitor. Parts all look to be high very quality.

Once I get the break squared away it will definitely be worth the $130 for the kit. That’s a small amount to pay for a lifetime of benefit. If you like to change/trade in guns it may not make sense. If you plan on keeping it, and it’s not a carry gun, then hells yeah it’s worth it. I would never do any trigger work on a home defense/carry gun, to much legal gray area if ever used in such a role.

I will try to reach out to Grayguns Mon to see what they say. I needed this motivation.
                  Last edited by naplesE30; 01-06-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post

Check it out:

LaRue MBT-2S
                    I have a lot of Geissele, but I would 100% agree that the LaRue is best trigger for the dollar. It's fantastic

Comment

Have any of you guys watched tha Anvil gunsmith videos on YouTube? I am mesmerized by them. Incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                        Have any of you guys watched tha Anvil gunsmith videos on YouTube? I am mesmerized by them. Incredible stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KWJCkVEu4i2HAV
                        Thanks for sharing that! Watched the MP-18 parts this morning and absolutely crazy work!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/texasrunand...location=group

Hmm...should I go
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Comment

99% finished, only need to get the optic and iron sights sighted in before I can carry on duty.

- BCM Recce 14
                              - BCM KAG foregrip
                              - Vortex Raptor UH-1
                              - Backup iron sights
                              - Streamlight Protac rail mounted light
                              - Advanced Gunslinger HIT sling III
                              - Magpul Gen 2 mags w/Magpul coupler
                              -- 2 extra mags to stick in pockets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Ryan...; 01-14-2019, 12:57 AM.
                              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Ryan,

At what distance do you sight in your red dot?
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X