The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aptyp
    replied
    and i was replacing my window motor. I would have never missed turtles.


    When I was a kid in Russia we had a hedgehog, one winter I played with him on the balcony and the bastard passed out and hibernated on me. Brought him inside, kept him my room in blankets, he woke 2 months into winter hungry as hell.

    I love him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey Link
    Rev. Wright is FAR worse than any of them, and he's also closer to the candidate than Hagee is to McCain.
    Very, very few people in this country had ever heard of Rev. Wright before this tempest in a teacup. Hagee is well known for his extreme stands and calls for actions he believes will bring about Armageddon.

    The GOP has long aligned itself and pandered to Pat Robertson, who declared the State Department should be nuked, Jerry Falwell, who stated "God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve", (another way of saying that god "damned" America?) and ,of course, Hagee, who stated "All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

    Of course, after McCain saw the outrage at Hagee's endorsement, which he initially sought, he quickly distanced himself. It's hard to garner the Catholic vote when one of your most visible endorsers calls Catholicism the "Great Whore".

    But your assertion that Wright is "far worse than any of them" holds little water. Wright is retired, and apparently uninterested in subverting democracy unlike Pat Robertson, who stated:

    "We at the Christian Coalition are raising an army who cares. We are training people to be effective -- to be elected to school boards, to city councils, to state legislatures, and to key positions in political parties.... By the end of this decade, if we work and give and organize and train, THE CHRISTIAN COALITION WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL ORGANIZATION IN AMERICA"

    Compared to that, Wright is a loudmouthed wannabe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    He was a bit odd, he kind of did some people wrong on some gun racks that cost him his membership on AR. I always enjoyed reading those. They were always including the main members of the forums.

    Good bunch of people on those forums though....

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    This was one of the comic relief guys of AR15.com RIP

    You know I saw the RIP in your post and realized I hadn't talked to him in a while, I did some checking and he's still posting over at ar15armory.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    This was one of the comic relief guys of AR15.com RIP, he was great!



    Eric, screen name?
    You know that George just lives about 1/2 mile away from me, he is one strange cat. Good guy but just a wee bit off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    This was one of the comic relief guys of AR15.com RIP, he was great!



    Eric, screen name?

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    He's foing so hard

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    I am now. :D
    Nobody just pulls 87 out of thin air, don't tease us, give the secret handshake, bumpfire or throw your rifle down the driveway to make it look " "used" , mention that you can't bring fire on the airplane, or that you have seen reference to the SEC ( rip ). Hell post up a skit with " action figures ".

    Fuck it, I'm foing.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    thats why we were laughing.... thought you might be one of us!
    I am now. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    It's funny how the Wiki on Turtles is shorter than the wiki on TMNT

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    thats why we were laughing.... thought you might be one of us!

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    the number 87 started on another forum that several of us read/write on. It got way overused and stood for a number pulled out of the air when someone wanted to be smarty! ;)

    The irony!

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    I'm lost on the whole 87 thing. Anyone want to clue me in?

    the number 87 started on another forum that several of us read/write on. It got way overused and stood for a number pulled out of the air when someone wanted to be smarty! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    I'm lost on the whole 87 thing. Anyone want to clue me in?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    At least Obama has not aligned himself with other witless fools. i.e. Dobson, Robertson, Hagee, et. al.
    Did I really just read that correctly? Is anyone else seeing this?

    How about Rev. "God Damn America" Wright and this Black Liberation Theology? You know, Obama's pastor for 20 years and the guy who married him and his wife? You don't really buy that bull**** Obama said about him never hearing that while he was a member of the church, do you?

    I agree with you about the people you mentioned, but Rev. Wright is FAR worse than any of them, and he's also closer to the candidate than Hagee is to McCain.

    http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036
    Last edited by Joey Link; 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...