The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Thats funny coming from someone called old and slow!

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    You live in Ohio, you guys lost thousands of manufacturing jobs in the past 13 years. I can see why Ohio is a blue state. What I don't understand is how willing Ohio is to giving away jobs.
    Economics lesson: China, for example, through various means, is able and willing to manufacture things very cheaply. Companies with stockholders like this. American workers aren't willing to be sold into virtual slavery, and therefore, are not able to compete. The American factory is closed, the workers laid off, but the stockholders are still happy, because they make more money. How is this "giving away" jobs? How is this the fault of the Democratic Party? John Boehner was one of the biggest supporters of giving China Most Favored Nation trade status, and he's certainly true blue GOP.

    Originally posted by Aptyp
    I always wondered why working class would pull for democrats. This really bothers me.
    Could it be that the GOP is seen as the party of FatCats? Working people hate FatCats.

    Originally posted by Aptyp
    McCain has 7 homes, or 8, or 9. OR who cares? The man has dedicated his life to your country, from service to now. So what what if he married well?
    Old, forgetful, out-of-touch FatCat? :)

    Originally posted by Aptyp
    So what if Palin believes in spaghetti monster?
    If only it were that benign and could be written off so easily. I am extremely suspicious of anyone who claims they know what god wants them to do. How 'bout someone who claims to get their directions from the guy that drives the sun around? Is that any less whacky?

    Originally posted by Aptyp
    Elect a man, who has dedicated himself to our country, not a man who has done NOTHING for your country and expects to be a president.
    This country is in trouble. I can't imagine a major corporation in trouble hiring a forgetful, easily confused, retirement age person to help pull the company through regardless of how well he did when he was younger. Spunky sidekick notwithstanding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    This has been rumor for some time to help with the Democratic party. And it looks like it is in fact coming true after that last debate.


    Looks to me like Hillery will be stepping in to shore up the Democratic vote....

    Unfreaking real!


    Here is snopes talking about it on the 18th....

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    And I guess that America never set foot on the moon either!

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by red
    What I don't understand is why do McCain and Palin believe withdrawal from Iraq is a white flag of surrender.
    Oh, you've heard the line "we'd rather fight them over there than fight them here", right?

    I always laugh when I hear it.

    You see, this country is not even remotely secure, yet the big, scary terrorist attacks we were promised since 9/11 just don't seem to have materialized.

    I recently took Amtrak on a long trip. There was no one at the station to check my ID. there was no one at the station at all. The train was stopped for about 30 seconds and was moving before I ever sat down. No one checked what I had in my bags or even asked. Were I a terrorist, I could have taken this very train right into New York City with a dirty bomb in my suitcase and detonated it and myself in Penn freaking Station! Yet Amtrak runs everyday and no one has blown it up yet. Heck, the terminal in DC is only a block from the Capitol! Could it possibly be the threat is exaggerated?

    Leave a comment:


  • red
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    You live in Ohio, you guys lost thousands of manufacturing jobs in the past 13 years. I can see why Ohio is a blue state. What I don't understand is how willing Ohio is to giving away jobs. See, dems always picket-fenced with Unions and gathered huge support from voters for that. Then dems opened free trade and those same voters said buh-bye to their jobs. I always wondered why working class would pull for democrats. This really bothers me.

    McCain has 7 homes, or 8, or 9. OR who cares? The man has dedicated his life to your country, from service to now. So what what if he married well?

    So what if Palin believes in spaghetti monster? Bush's role model from his campaign was Jesus. I must say, if anything he needed to pray. He needed some sort of savior.

    I live in the south, her saying "you betcha" got her a lot of votes. He winking got my second head thinking. I'm sorry she didn't do the fist bump to satisfy your urges. I'm sorry she didn't change her believes and moral standings to run beside McCain.

    Or we're supposed to believe that after 20 years old of listening to Wright, Obama didn't hear a damn thing. Wonder what he learned in college, that was only 7 years. You can't believe a man who insults your intelligence with flowers and butterflies. Lenin said lots of nice things, Marx did too. Hell, Hitler promised free Germany and return father land to it's great-ness too. It all looks great on paper (except Mein Kampf), but in reality it's castles in the clouds.

    Elect a man, who has dedicated himself to our country, not a man who has done NOTHING for your country and expects to be a president.
    He has 12 homes and is worth over 100 million dollars. The fear you feel for Obama's beliefs is analogous to the fear we feel for the beliefs McCain and especially Palin have. But after reading most of your responses it seems like McCain and Palin can do no wrong in your eyes. Apparently everything they do and believe is justifiable.

    What I don't understand is why do McCain and Palin believe withdrawal from Iraq is a white flag of surrender.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    You live in Ohio, you guys lost thousands of manufacturing jobs in the past 13 years. I can see why Ohio is a blue state. What I don't understand is how willing Ohio is to giving away jobs. See, dems always picket-fenced with Unions and gathered huge support from voters for that. Then dems opened free trade and those same voters said buh-bye to their jobs. I always wondered why working class would pull for democrats. This really bothers me.

    McCain has 7 homes, or 8, or 9. OR who cares? The man has dedicated his life to your country, from service to now. So what what if he married well?

    So what if Palin believes in spaghetti monster? Bush's role model from his campaign was Jesus. I must say, if anything he needed to pray. He needed some sort of savior.

    I live in the south, her saying "you betcha" got her a lot of votes. He winking got my second head thinking. I'm sorry she didn't do the fist bump to satisfy your urges. I'm sorry she didn't change her believes and moral standings to run beside McCain.

    Or we're supposed to believe that after 20 years old of listening to Wright, Obama didn't hear a damn thing. Wonder what he learned in college, that was only 7 years. You can't believe a man who insults your intelligence with flowers and butterflies. Lenin said lots of nice things, Marx did too. Hell, Hitler promised free Germany and return father land to it's great-ness too. It all looks great on paper (except Mein Kampf), but in reality it's castles in the clouds.

    Elect a man, who has dedicated himself to our country, not a man who has done NOTHING for your country and expects to be a president.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    You'd rather vote for a man who doesn't remember how many houses he has and doesn't understand how STDs are transmitted, and a woman who thinks man walked with dinosaurs?

    Unreal.

    Or perhaps right now you are saying, in the Palin style, "you betcha". Don't forget to wink.....

    Rather that than a closet comi.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    but I'd rather vote for a real man, and from looking at Palin, a real woman.
    You'd rather vote for a man who doesn't remember how many houses he has and doesn't understand how STDs are transmitted, and a woman who thinks man walked with dinosaurs?

    Unreal.

    Or perhaps right now you are saying, in the Palin style, "you betcha". Don't forget to wink.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    don't get me wrong, I don't think they are "much better" at all

    Something like the better of two evils. I never vote with party. If I was old enough, I would have voted for Gore, I like him, but I liked Bush over Kerry. I like McCain over Obama. I like Biden over McCain. This is the way cards fell.

    Leave a comment:


  • red
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    Wow you truly are "Old" and "Slow"
    ... and from looking at Palin, a real woman.

    Seriously?

    I can understand not liking Obama, but I wouldn't go off saying McCain and Palin are so much better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Wow you truly are "Old" and "Slow"

    1. Obama put up with insane ramblings for 20 years, even got his kids baptized to insane ramblings.

    2. Seeking any endorsement is not a problem. Saying that you won't take endorsements from lobbyists, then running the most expensive campaign payed for by lobbyists is a major ethics problem.

    3. Have you seen Jeremiah Wrights credentials? With his message he had 10,000 people audience. How many of those people came to see a Jackie Mason's comedy show? Your logic is flawed. If you call some one a religious guide and a mentor, it means you have payed attention and agree with their views.

    4. That's just an opinion based statement, to which the only response is to call you a pundit.

    5. No one can tell how anything effected Obamas voting record. He missed over 100 votes in US Senate, and over 200 votes in Illinois senate. Both of those while voting 95%+ in the liberal left. I haven't read about black theology that Jeremiah Wright was talking about, but If that's Obamas mentor I can see the traits. Inaction? He didn't perform the job he was hired for twice in a row. How are you going to hand him keys to the white house?


    GOP positions are conservative, it can be attributed to their personal religious beliefs. They got elected by people with the same personal religious or not beliefs. They are not dancing to tune, that's what most of them truly believe and that is what they bring to the table. Being a conservative means that.

    You are defending Obama by asking for the direct influence on him by Wright, but you attack McCain for the indirect influence on the entire GOP. Very hypocritical.

    But I will tell you, to have such unbiased liberal vote, Obama had a mentor. "Frank" from his own book, Frank Marshall Davis, black communist writer and the reason Obama went into constitutional law. I don't know who influenced him not to work at the job he was selected to do without making it sound racist, but he didn't do the job he was selected to do.

    He also went to Kenya to see his Pops on Illinois tax payers money. He may be your kind of guy, but I'd rather vote for a real man, and from looking at Palin, a real woman.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey Link
    If we, the GOP, are so aligned with Robertson, what sort of things have we done for him in return for getting us all those religious votes?
    Put up with him and his inane ramblings, for one.

    Originally posted by Joey Link
    Would you agree that an endorsement is far different than being a member of someones church for 20 years? I don't see how you couldn't.
    Seeking Hagee's endorsement is the problem.

    Originally posted by Joey Link
    While Wright may be retired, he has or has had far greater influence on Obama than any of those religious guys have had on McCain.
    Pure conjecture. There is simply no way to establish that. I've sat in churches for many years. It didn't create a situation where I always agreed with the preacher. There are other reasons people go to particular churches than because you agree with whoever gives the sermons.

    Originally posted by Joey Link
    McCain is trying to get elected and is now reaching out to those who got Bush elected (the religious right).
    And McCain isn't the second coming of GWB?

    Originally posted by Joey Link
    I absolutely do not believe that after listening to a mentor and someone you look up to for twenty years wouldn't have influenced your outlook on certain things they speak very passionately about, such as the black theologian ideology.
    Please elaborate on the nebulous term "black theologian ideology" and describe how it has influenced Obama's voting record. Please-specific votes that clearly support your contention that Rev. Wright has some sway.

    It is very clear how the GOP has allowed the Religious Right to affect key policy decisions.

    Abortion. Gay marriage. Stem-cell research. Environment.

    So many of the GOP positions have been clearly influenced by the idea many Christian fundamentalists seem to have that concern for the future of our planet is irrelevant, because it has no future. Even Palin has stated she believes Jesus is coming back in her lifetime! I am uncomfortable with someone so short-sighted in any important public office.

    Please-I really want to know-how has Wright influenced Obama's record. You stated he's been a mentor for 20 years. There should be plenty of evidence.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    Very, very few people in this country had ever heard of Rev. Wright before this tempest in a teacup. Hagee is well known for his extreme stands and calls for actions he believes will bring about Armageddon.

    The GOP has long aligned itself and pandered to Pat Robertson, who declared the State Department should be nuked, Jerry Falwell, who stated "God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve", (another way of saying that god "damned" America?) and ,of course, Hagee, who stated "All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

    Of course, after McCain saw the outrage at Hagee's endorsement, which he initially sought, he quickly distanced himself. It's hard to garner the Catholic vote when one of your most visible endorsers calls Catholicism the "Great Whore".

    But your assertion that Wright is "far worse than any of them" holds little water. Wright is retired, and apparently uninterested in subverting democracy unlike Pat Robertson, who stated:

    "We at the Christian Coalition are raising an army who cares. We are training people to be effective -- to be elected to school boards, to city councils, to state legislatures, and to key positions in political parties.... By the end of this decade, if we work and give and organize and train, THE CHRISTIAN COALITION WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL ORGANIZATION IN AMERICA"

    Compared to that, Wright is a loudmouthed wannabe.
    If we, the GOP, are so aligned with Robertson, what sort of things have we done for him in return for getting us all those religious votes? While the religious conservatives have co-opted the GOP (and it happened fairly recently, when GW was running for his first term), I think the left are miscalculating the extent of their influence.

    Would you agree that an endorsement is far different than being a member of someones church for 20 years? I don't see how you couldn't.

    While Wright may be retired, he has or has had far greater influence on Obama than any of those religious guys have had on McCain. McCain is trying to get elected and is now reaching out to those who got Bush elected (the religious right). Wright has been a mentor and an adviser to Obama for many, many years. Even if Wright and Obama no longer speak, I absolutely do not believe that after listening to a mentor and someone you look up to for twenty years wouldn't have influenced your outlook on certain things they speak very passionately about, such as the black theologian ideology. The damage is most likely already done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    Very, very few people in this country had ever heard of Rev. Wright before this tempest in a teacup. Hagee is well known for his extreme stands and calls for actions he believes will bring about Armageddon.

    The GOP has long aligned itself and pandered to Pat Robertson, who declared the State Department should be nuked, Jerry Falwell, who stated "God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve", (another way of saying that god "damned" America?) and ,of course, Hagee, who stated "All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

    Of course, after McCain saw the outrage at Hagee's endorsement, which he initially sought, he quickly distanced himself. It's hard to garner the Catholic vote when one of your most visible endorsers calls Catholicism the "Great Whore".

    But your assertion that Wright is "far worse than any of them" holds little water. Wright is retired, and apparently uninterested in subverting democracy unlike Pat Robertson, who stated:

    "We at the Christian Coalition are raising an army who cares. We are training people to be effective -- to be elected to school boards, to city councils, to state legislatures, and to key positions in political parties.... By the end of this decade, if we work and give and organize and train, THE CHRISTIAN COALITION WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL ORGANIZATION IN AMERICA"

    Compared to that, Wright is a loudmouthed wannabe.

    Farrakhan?

    there are plenty of nutjobs supporting both sides.


    McCain nutjobs will see everyone in hell. Obama nutjobs would have their hand at sending everyone to hell.



    EDIT and PS: Pat Robertson is still alive? How hasn't he been targeted yet? I don't get how all those suicide bombers are dying in vain.

    Leave a comment:

Working...