New Bronco Thread - 2021 Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bronco Thread - 2021 Ford Bronco

Yesterday, watching the awesome promo with Bryan Cranston narrating the specs and abilities, it was one of the best commercials I've seen for a vehicle for sure.

Haven't seen it?

Click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CacIlFaXph0

We knew it was going to be good, but even after the dust has begun to settle, I'm still impressed. The new Bronco has automotive enthusiasts excited, for good reason - there was care and passion put into this project. Learning about the packages and options, I have to say... Ford hit it out of the park.

Sure the first edition which is completely sold/reserved out at over $60k is expensive, but you can choose your options and packages. Starting under $30k allows for a lot of people to have access to what looks to be an amazing platform.

Competition in this market makes better products for us. Chevy lacked any imagination and the new Blazer is just another crossover. The rumor mill for years is that Toyota would do something exciting with a new Land Cruiser / FJ, and taking it back to it's roots. Basically like the FJ Cruiser but better executed, more focused, and exciting... I think Ford just did what every manufacturer wish they had the talent to do with this reveal. Oh and the Bronco Sport? Still a great option and was a smart move IMO. It's not for the hardcore people who want all that the big Bronco has, but still a great package.

Ford is partnered with Rivian, and they just received another massive investment from others. I'm still Rivian fanboy #1 and would rather have the R1T I think, but if it wasn't that, I would very much consider a Bronco. That is assuming I could afford either. I kinda sorta really would like one. Would consider another car payment for one even... but I do love my MY 2000 upbadged Land Cruiser (Lexus LX470).

Jalopnik: https://bit.ly/2CwhfG8

Autoblog: https://bit.ly/3fsHufp

Ford: https://ford.to/307OJ5T

Facebook Video, Comical video that has been used before for Auto stuff, now used for Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/mmoghaddam/...0972117145684/

What's this, an informative article going into the differences from Jeeps, suspension and more, on Jalopnik?! : https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-de...HdpNDMG_LR_E0A
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-17-2020, 10:32 AM.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Ford will let you tack on some rather desirable options to the Base Bronco, though. The 2.7-liter twin-turbo V6 can be had, and the 10-speed automatic transmission and more advanced four-wheel-drive system come along with it — you can also tack on an automatic transmission with the four-cylinder.

Additionally, Ford will let you spec its Sasquatch package on even the lowest trim. Think of it as a Rubicon-lite off-road package. You get 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels wrapped in 35-inch mud-terrain tires, electronic-locking front and rear axles, 4.7:1 final drive ratio, Bilstein shocks, high-clearance suspension and high-clearance fender flares.
    That's the only thing that matters here. You don't have to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of garbage you don't give a crap about in your offroader to get the things you do want. A nice thing to see in a market where often the only way to get the desirable thing is to buy a bunch of other crap in a package.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

That's the only thing that matters here. You don't have to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of garbage you don't give a crap about in your offroader to get the things you do want. A nice thing to see in a market where often the only way to get the desirable thing is to buy a bunch of other crap in a package.
      Agreed, Ford has listened. Base + Sasquatch allows for what people want. It's pretty amazing that this is happening on a vehicle like this. Exciting times.

Comment

There is hope, boys.

Super cool to see Ford deliver. I was not expecting the Bronco... to be this good...

The menu of options is what makes this platform super cool to me.

This and a C8 in the garage with the combined price beats anything anyone has to offer from Germany or Japan.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          There is hope, boys.

Super cool to see Ford deliver. I was not expecting the Bronco... to be this good...

The menu of options is what makes this platform super cool to me.

This and a C8 in the garage with the combined price beats anything anyone has to offer from Germany or Japan.
          PSH Have you heard of the NEW SUPRA YET BRUHHH
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I saw some pictures of this on social media and I like it. I googled the price and all that showed up was $62k USD so I just closed it.

Honestly 28.5k USD (looks like $40k CAD for a base model 2dr? hopefully not extra for the manual)
            This is wayy more reasonable.

I would be very interested in a poverty spec 2dr with a small engine and a manual. I don't even like SUVs/Jeeps but man I like this
            Last edited by Northern; 07-14-2020, 01:44 PM. Reason: I realized the "sport" is not the same
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Glad somebody started a thread. I think they're gonna sell like hotcakes. You can get a plain base with steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

PSH Have you heard of the NEW SUPRA YET BRUHHH
                You spelled Z4 wrong hehehehe

I mean, with a 9k MSRP difference, you get a mid engine v8 with a DCT vs a Z4 lol

the supra obviously has tuning potential out of the box, but who cares when you have a V8 behind you

Q

Comment

haha ! I was just playing around.

I love what Ford has been doing lately for the most part. They are really making the right moves. Id love to see a ecotec (is that what the turbo4 is called??) powered small RWD car to ruin all the imports. The mustang is too portly... Imagine a NEW PINTO lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ecotec is GM. Ecoboost is Ford parlance for any gasoline turbo engine. Ford diesels are Power Stroke, but Chrysler has EcoDiesel. Idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      haha ! I was just playing around.

I love what Ford has been doing lately for the most part. They are really making the right moves. Id love to see a ecotec (is that what the turbo4 is called??) powered small RWD car to ruin all the imports. The mustang is too portly... Imagine a NEW PINTO lol
                      They need to make a third gen Ford Probe that's RWD with the 314hp Ecoboost

God, they would kill the game

Wouldn't even be far off from what the car was originally since it came with the original 2.3 turbo that was seen in the fox body mustang
                      Q

Comment

Seriously tempted to sell all of my shit boxes to get a new Bronco

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

They need to make a third gen Ford Probe that's RWD with the 314hp Ecoboost

God, they would kill the game

Wouldn't even be far off from what the car was originally since it came with the original 2.3 turbo that was seen in the fox body mustang
                          I like where your head is at, that would put them atop the small rwd market. And since they killed anything ST that was good (my Fiesta ST is still missed) this would make up for it somewhat.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          Seriously tempted to sell all of my shit boxes to get a new Bronco
                          I'm really thinking it could be the vehicle that holds me over till I can afford a Rivian R1T. The luxobarge isn't likely going anywhere, but if it could be retired, then if I wanted to sell it at a premium, I could...

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                            I'm really thinking it could be the vehicle that holds me over till I can afford a Rivian R1T. The luxobarge isn't likely going anywhere, but if it could be retired, then if I wanted to sell it at a premium, I could...
                            My main issue with buying a new vehicle is the asinine registration fees Colorado imposes on new vehicles... I can afford a new vehicle but I really don't want to give Colorado $1k+/year just to own a new vehicle...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I put a reservation in on a wildtrak 4 dr. Can't wait to get it!
                              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                              X