No announcement yet.

Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dooode this thread is soo funny to read the beginning comments where everyone is hating saying it will never be legalized and look how far we have come so many states already legalized haha just crazy.
    88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Like anything, there is some odd tendency to allow people freedoms. Even when we don't really understand the repercussions of such a decision.

Now that we've legalized it in so many places there are two things to do, punish irresponsible use incredibly harshly (and discover how to measure "irresponsible") and legalize everything else as long as it gets taxed to high heaven.

People are going to abuse all sorts of stupid shit, so why not just allow it, tax it and only punish those who use dangerously? I mean, if you want to wreck your life it's fine with me, I just hope you don't take too many others with you when you do go.

Comment

If you could wreck your life from dope America would be a wasteland already lol.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Now that it's been legal here for a while - other than seeing pot stores everywhere, I can't say I've noticed anything different. No zombies roaming the streets, the sky hasn't fallen, God hasn't rained down fire and brimstone, stoners were already stoners, etc..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Now that it's been legal here for a while - other than seeing pot stores everywhere, I can't say I've noticed anything different. No zombies roaming the streets, the sky hasn't fallen, God hasn't rained down fire and brimstone, stoners were already stoners, etc..
            Now they can just toke on high quality weed and pay tax dollars on it without worrying about going to jail for harming no one. Glad its gaining traction nationwide now, Alcohol fucks you up way more.
            willschnitz

Comment

For medical reasons its ok. I did it as a kid in high school in the mid 80's but now its makes me :yawn:
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Cannabis is the only thing that has been effective at combating my treatment-resistant chronic depression without the awful side effects of prescription medications. There are some negative side effects for me, sure, but not nearly as bad as anti-depressant pills. I don't care for stoner culture, and although I do sometimes smoke socially with friends/family who also partake, sitting around high being unproductive is not my idea of a good time in the slightest.

This pathway to legalization/decriminalization we are on has been a long time coming. When you look at the way that cannabis oils are helping epileptic children and stuff like that, no continue to deny its legitimate medical benefits today is nothing more than a sign of ignorance or cruelty. And obviously it is overall far less harmful to society than alcohol when used purely recreationally.
                sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

It's pretty amazing the stigma against pot in this country. Fuck William Randolph Hearst.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

I'm all for decriminalization. It's been proved that the whole "negativity" to the substance was nothing but a sham for paper companies anyways.

I'm also all for people using it in industry as a main provider for paper, plastics and other things it can be utilized for. It's an incredibly fast growing and reusable object.

(Edit: Well good on me for that fat bump I guess lol)
                    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I miss it. Unfortunately with my career now, until it becomes legal on a federal level I'm sitting on the sidelines.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I did it a few times back in high school. It was okay, but it would take away any bit of motivation I had for the next few days (already have low motivation in the first place). Now that I have my daughter, I'm not sure if I'd do it unless I went on a vacation to Colorado and had enough time to recuperate. I want to make sure I'm always on top of my game when I'm with her. I have no issue with people doing it though, as long as it's not around me.
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
                          Cannabis is the only thing that has been effective at combating my treatment-resistant chronic depression without the awful side effects of prescription medications. There are some negative side effects for me, sure, but not nearly as bad as anti-depressant pills. I don't care for stoner culture, and although I do sometimes smoke socially with friends/family who also partake, sitting around high being unproductive is not my idea of a good time in the slightest.

This pathway to legalization/decriminalization we are on has been a long time coming. When you look at the way that cannabis oils are helping epileptic children and stuff like that, no continue to deny its legitimate medical benefits today is nothing more than a sign of ignorance or cruelty. And obviously it is overall far less harmful to society than alcohol when used purely recreationally.
                          interesting. PM sent
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post

If I was still in washington I'd be trying it to combat occasional depression and my anxiety/stress.

Booze only makes me feel like shit. Wish they would just decriminalize it already.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              If I was still in washington I'd be trying it to combat occasional depression and my anxiety/stress.

Booze only makes me feel like shit. Wish they would just decriminalize it already.
                              there's a MASSIVE difference between "occasional depression" and actual medical major depression.

occasional depression is a normal part of life, you feel blue, you feel down- oftentimes caused by acute situational causes...major depression is a whole other ballgame.

I'm not trying to come down on your post specifically, but as someone who does have MDD, people who use the term "depressed" loosely gets on my nerves...

there are many varied, medically, and scientifically proven solutions for feeling blue that don't need to be remedied with using a roll of the dice when it comes to weed.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Needs to be legalized for all purposes. Who gives a shit what someone is using it for. Saying it is good for medicine but shouldn't be used for recreational purposes is just delaying the proper course of action with the plant.

Much safer to self medicate with Mary Jane than take xanax or other "authorized" pharmaceuticals that have a nasty habit of convincing people to end their lives.
                                No E30 Club
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X