Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
    It's been proved that the whole "negativity" to the substance was nothing but a sham for paper companies anyways.
    This. Like I said above, it's all Hearst's fault. He had invested heavily in the wood pulp paper industry to feed his media empire and killed the hemp industry as it was going to ruin his wood pulp investments. The dude built a cool house but fucked generations of people over who could use marijuana.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Gonna take states like Nebraska to pull there heads out of their ass's before it gets done on a national level. So many idiotic uniformed people in this country its sickening. If you wanna be a conservative and live in the stone ages this state is the place to do it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Gonna take states like Nebraska to pull there heads out of their ass's before it gets done on a national level. So many idiotic uniformed people in this country its sickening. If you wanna be a conservative and live in the stone ages this state is the place to do it.
        You could always move to OR, I swear there are more pot shops than convenience stores in Portland... it boggles my mind. I know people love to get high but I can't imagine there's enough demand in this city for 40 liquor stores but 400 pot stores :crazy:

Comment

dude we have like 10 or 20 pot stores, and our entire population is only 100k. lol. I've never been inside one, but I wonder how they all stay in business.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            dude we have like 10 or 20 pot stores, and our entire population is only 100k. lol. I've never been inside one, but I wonder how they all stay in business.
            A lot of these stores produce huge quantities behind closed doors and sell to other stores who are in demand and cannot grow at that level. aka laundering.

Everyone in the game is well connected/knitted tightly, at least here in Southern California.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
              there's a MASSIVE difference between "occasional depression" and actual medical major depression.

occasional depression is a normal part of life, you feel blue, you feel down- oftentimes caused by acute situational causes...major depression is a whole other ballgame.

I'm not trying to come down on your post specifically, but as someone who does have MDD, people who use the term "depressed" loosely gets on my nerves...

there are many varied, medically, and scientifically proven solutions for feeling blue that don't need to be remedied with using a roll of the dice when it comes to weed.
              I say occasionally because I lapse in and out of bouts of it. I make it sound way lighter then it is but I nearly failed out of school years because of it.

I agree I don't mean to use it lightly just cause im "sad" sometimes. I actually do have issues with it and especially with stress.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                it's all Hearst's fault.
                Don't forget DuPont too, he/they also had a hand in its decriminalization because they wanted to hemp out of their way to market their new synthetic rope fibers.

I really wish I could get into the cannabis industry, it HAS to pay better than car shit here.
                sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Wow I opened this thread and realized I was the first to respond to it 7 years ago.

I would've never guessed the stuff would be legal at the state level, ever. Which leads me to believe it will eventually some day be legal at the federal level.

Pot, you go, you.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Exactly. How can they get enough revenue to survive when they're facing so much competition?

Comment

Marijuana

Im not even talking like that for personal use im talking like that to make fuckin money! I read an article some place after colorado's first year of legalization and it said that them and the other legalized states made so much taxable income that if the whole country had it legalized our countries national debt could be gone and be making money in something like 5-10 years. Nebraska loses out on so much money its crazy. They are so conservative and shoot down everything. We have 1 rave track cause they veto'd the nascar track they wanted to build here. They dont allow any sort of gambling but iowa does and its a 10 min drive so we loose thousands upon thousands of dollar to iowa. I can go on forever on how retarded this state is. They are money hungry as fuck but would rather raise all our taxes then do things to bring in income for the state.

Last year colorado had some like 60 million dollar increase in budget spending while use. We are cutting budget and having taxes raised. Its a no brainer and the rest of the country and is to closed minded to see that.
                      Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 04-13-2016, 05:45 AM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

^

big population difference in NB vs CO, be careful what you wish for........ you just might get it. No Californians (or anyone really) wants to live there to help "modernize" your state with their different mindsets. Figure out how to get the Californians to want to live there and they will come in droves, and push all you locals right out. But you will get your pot law.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Give douchey software companies tax cuts in Nebraska and you will get an influx of douchey software guys. The cost of living is so ridiculous here in the Bay Area that people would definitely move out there. It's already happening elsewhere in the midwest.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            ^

big population difference in NB vs CO, be careful what you wish for........ you just might get it. No Californians (or anyone really) wants to live there to help "modernize" your state with their different mindsets. Figure out how to get the Californians to want to live there and they will come in droves, and push all you locals right out. But you will get your pot law.
                            No one wants to live here cause it sucks haha. How much does it cost to register a car where your at? Here it doesn't matter what you paid your gonna be paying 100+ dollars. Few months ago they tried to make it okay to run no front plate. So they said if you wanna run without a front plate its 150 extra a year and you gotta have a sticker in your windshield. But back to the mary jane discussion.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

meh
                              Last edited by jpod999; 04-20-2016, 09:00 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                No one wants to live here cause it sucks haha. How much does it cost to register a car where your at? Here it doesn't matter what you paid your gonna be paying 100+ dollars. Few months ago they tried to make it okay to run no front plate. So they said if you wanna run without a front plate its 150 extra a year and you gotta have a sticker in your windshield. But back to the mary jane discussion.
                                I would do it for $50, but not $150.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X