Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you must live in a sweet ass echo chamber gwb

Comment

I love how the graph is labeled "linear trend per century" when it only shows about 1 decade of data per trendline.

so uh, where's the 100 year trend line? oh yeah it shows warming, which goes against the right wing echo chamber's magic belief system.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Allow me to demonstrate:

Comment

All that graph is showing is that it's been trending down the past 10+ years. It's not saying that there wasn't a warming trend. iT'S PART OF THE EARTHS CYCLE AND i HOPE WE ALL DIE FROM IT.
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

corvallis, you'd never make it as a chartist on wall street
            you should have intersected your "actual trend line" in year 1999 if you all want to throw out 1998
            a trend line is not necessarily just connecting starting point A and end point B
            there are shorter term trends within longer term trends such as the chart i posted. the IPCC and the AGW believers have not and cannot explain why we're currently going sideways, and their models didn't predict the length of the current pause in climate change.

i could use your technique as an argument against AGW
            connect starting point A from 10,000 years ago to end point 2012. we've been warming all along and the past 100 years a meaningless blip in the longer term context.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              rwh you do know the IPCC Chairman, Rajenda Pachauri, is a train engineer, right? The same guy who wrote erotic novels. you can't make this shit up.

so does this look like global warming to you?
              or is the data presented in the following chart wrong?

maybe increasing CO2 actually decreases global temps?

The chart presents data in a moronic way for people like you to buy the BS because they know nothing about data or analysis, but want to find claims that support their prejudices.

Comment

thought this picture was relevant.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                  The chart presents data in a moronic way for people like you to buy the BS because they know nothing about data or analysis, but want to find claims that support their prejudices.
                  So there is no stagnating or negative trend in that chart?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                    Only if you are dumb and choose an outlier as the division.

But the creator probably knew exactly what he was doing, since the standards of the skeptics are pretty low - they'll eat up anything that tells them what they want to hear.

Shift it from '83 to '98 and '99 to 2012, or from 83 to 96 and 4/97 to 2012, and you'll see the honest trend and not just some cherry picked stupidity for those who don't know any better and are suckers for BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                      It cherry picks those dates because the types who'd view that graph and take it as an honest representation of whats occurring are not informed enough to see the dishonesty in it. Slight increases/decreases from year to year do NOT negate the inarguable upward trending over the last century and more.

Nevermind the last decade being the warmest on record, it's lower than 98' therefore warming is a myth. Those are the types of arguments which are being made by that graph, without informing the readers of the grand scale you need to view to appreciate reality.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        rwh you do know the IPCC Chairman, Rajenda Pachauri, is a train engineer, right? The same guy who wrote erotic novels. you can't make this shit up.
                        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IPCC+Chairman%2...n+engineer&l=1

So you skipped over the nobel peace price, the head of Yale's Climate and Energy Institute, the MS degree in Industrial Engineering from North Carolina State University, Raleigh, in 1972, as well as a joint Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Economics in 1974., member of Board of the International Solar Energy Society (1991–1997), and his 'Lighting a Billion Lives' Initiative in 2005 to bring electricity to energy starved rural areas of India through solar energy.

In January 2001, he received India's Padma Bhushan award by the Indian Government.[7][9]
                        NDTV Global Indian of the Year for the year 2007.[38]
                        Nature News maker of the Year 2007. The magazine lauded Pachauri in an article as an organisation builder "Rajendra Pachauri's great strength is in building and organizing institutions in the fields he understands best - engineering and economics as they apply to issues of development".[39]
                        On 14 July 2008, Pachauri received the title UNIDO Goodwill Ambassador.[40]
                        In January 2008, he was awarded the second-highest civilian award in India, the Padma Vibhushan.[41]
                        In November 2009, Pachauri received the 'Order of the Rising Sun - Gold and Silver Star' in recognition of his contribution to the enhancement of Japan's policy towards climate change. He was bestowed with the decoration by Emperor Akihito.[42]
                        In November 2009, Pachauri was rated fifth in the list of "Top 100 Global thinkers" by Foreign Policy magazine, for "ending the debate over whether climate change matters."[43]
                        In February 2010, Pachauri was conferred with Order of the White Rose of Finland from the President of Finland in recognition of his work in promoting international cooperation on climate change and sustainable development.[44]
                        The French government has awarded him the 'Officer of the Legion of Honour'.[45]
                        HEC Paris appointed Pachauri Professor Honoris Causa in October 2009.[46]
                        University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne appointed Pachauri Professor Honoris Causa in September 2012.[47]
                        So this 'train engineer' who writes 'erotic novels' is somehow not qualified?

Other than his academic publications, Pachauri also writes poetry and fiction. He is the author of Return to Almora,[48] a romance novel published in 2010. The novel is in the form of the reminiscences of a retired bureaucrat, once an engineering student, about his spiritual and sexual past.[49][50] He co-wrote Moods and Musings,[51] a collection of poems, with his daughter Rashmi Pachauri-Rajan.[1]
                        He seems like a rags-to-riches renaissance man to me? I haven't looked into how 'erotic' his 2010 novel is but if a current best seller '50 shades of gray' is any indication of much people hate romance novels I can't really tell if that this a compliment or an insult.

Any good books by your anti-climate folks? Or is the only fiction they can write about is anti-climate?

And that brings me to an interesting question: Why are people trying to fight this?

We obviously need some kind of pollution standards so we don't end up with smog, soot, acid rain, and oil spills everywhere.

Eventually the people of china might feel the same way~
                        http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2541758.html

"Greyjing" or "Beige-jing" hah~ eventually they will come around too, global warming or not.

The air pollution hit a record earlier this month, with pollution 45 times the recommended safety levels, causing widespread public outrage, grounded flights and leaving many with health problems housebound.
                        So as a skeptic you believe all this science has been manipulated by somebody who is going to profit from.... clean air? Or do you think airlines enjoy being grounded due to smog?

So one step further and the question is about carbon- we can all agree that smog and oil spills are bad and we need to put policy in place to prevent them. One step further is acknowledging carbon itself as a pollutant which is where the controversy is... but what is the bad part about carbon being a pollutant? Global conspiracy to stop burning things so that.... people who don't burn things can profit? It doesn't make any sense...

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                          Only if you are dumb and choose an outlier as the division.

But the creator probably knew exactly what he was doing, since the standards of the skeptics are pretty low - they'll eat up anything that tells them what they want to hear.

Shift it from '83 to '98 and '99 to 2012, or from 83 to 96 and 4/97 to 2012, and you'll see the honest trend and not just some cherry picked stupidity for those who don't know any better and are suckers for BS.
                          wow, what a biased view
                          the data is from the source for the IPCC alarmism and your faith in AGW

so what is it rwh, you're saying you can't trust the data, the same data you use to argue AGW is real?

you cannot make this stuff up. LOL
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Intradesting.

“The Earth’s mean temperature rose sharply during the 1990s,” said Terje Berntsen, a professor at the University of Oslo who worked on the study. “This may have caused us to overestimate climate sensitivity.”

Comment

Q5 - the point i was making about Pachauri is this;
                              When i've posted quotes/links to critics/skeptics of AGW, one of the most common arguments is they aren't climate scientists etd. They can't be trusted for their views.

Well, what is it? Pachauri may be brilliant and qualified to opine about AGW, even if he is a train engineer. But then you can't dismiss critics/skeptics if they happen to be from outside climate science.

BTW - Gore and Obama won Nobel prizes also. They don't seem to mean much any longer.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Checked this post again to see what nonsense GWB has posted now. wasn't disappointed.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                I saw that too, and while it is interesting, it doesn't disprove AGW. If you agree with that link, then you must agree that there is AGW. perhaps it's not so hopeless (which I would be happy with), but it still exists and it still needs to be dealt with.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X