No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about people who are not alarmists or doom predictors, but understand how heat and energy work? And want America to develop its energy sources to be independent and strong, while innovating to reduce the effects of our industrialization on the planet. That also understand waste exists in our processes and machines, there's a wide potential for renewable and sustainable systems, know that dino juice has a limit of availability at some point, and support the kind of research funding that got us the internet. What about those who don't fit the strawman you're stuffing?

And before you forget and repost the XX years without global warming bullshit again on the next page, tell us where the additional energy disappears to.

Comment

Time to wear beaters and learn to swim... Big whoop guys

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        so for all you alarmists and doom predictors, do as i say not as i do i suppose
        all those nasty environmental rules are ok for exxon, but when it comes to my subsidized green energy windmills, who gives a fuck if it kills raptors on the endangered species list

after all, it's green energy

and mr Q, give up the liberal fallback bullshit about anyone not in your minority view about global warming must therefore be in favor of pollution. CO2 is not pollution, it's a fucking TRACE element. you can do better than that,

oh, and THIS JUST IN (about 5 years ago). mann's hockey stick is a fraud, and there is a consensus about that.

and i like you too! ;)
        I think we must have hit the "reset" button, George is back to page 1 of this thread again.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Reductio ad absurdum

I feel like this thread has become 'whack a mole' with which new and exciting logical fallacy gwb uses in each post.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            Reductio ad absurdum

I feel like this thread has become 'whack a mole' with which new and exciting logical fallacy gwb uses in each post.
            Since when are George's statements new and exciting? He hasn't said anything new and exciting since his first post. Even Sleeve and Joshh quit awhile ago.

So, since most of us who can read and understand numbers can agree that AGW is occurring, let's switch the debate to how to fix or prepare for it. (George, you may want to hang out in fantasy world while the big boys talk about this).
            I'm thinking we have two paths, either technology will save us from ourselves, or we'll be forced to live like the Amish.
            Discuss.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
              Since when are George's statements new and exciting? He hasn't said anything new and exciting since his first post. Even Sleeve and Joshh quit awhile ago.

So, since most of us who can read and understand numbers can agree that AGW is occurring, let's switch the debate to how to fix or prepare for it. (George, you may want to hang out in fantasy world while the big boys talk about this).
              I'm thinking we have two paths, either technology will save us from ourselves, or we'll be forced to live like the Amish.
              Discuss.
              tell you what herbie, when you and your minority partners have the intellectual honesty to admit there is data that questions your minority view on GW we can actually have a discussion.

your and yours have lost the argument
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

minority view - hahahaha.

you're right George, the majority of right wing extremists think everything science is a hoax - including things like evolution, the big bang theory, and plenty of other science that has been established for hundreds of years. Yet they believe a magical being from the sky is going to send them to a perfect world after they're finished destroying this one.. and without all the kinds of people they hate!

don't worry, if you're raped, your body can prevent you from getting pregnant too! that's George's kind of science..

I'm surprised you're even on the internet - you can't see electrons, so they must not exist! it's some kind of scam by the scientists who created computers & the internet to make big bucks! Even worse, they were from the US government!!
                Last edited by nando; 05-17-2013, 05:23 AM.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  Global warming is starting to break everyone's sarcasm meters :D

Comment

Hey, what do you know - another study on the scientific concensus still found 97% agreement:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...fclimatechange

George thinks that 3% is the majority opinion. I think he might want to go back to 1st grade and re-learn math.

this study covered 12,000 papers vs. 900 of the previous one (don't worry, I know he won't read it).
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The anti-science anti-logic movement is the worse thing the united states has faced since the cold war. We elect people based on a popularity contest instead of electing the 'smartest' people.

Oh you share the same views about the blacks as I do? Well dag nammit lets get you elected!

Nothing about science, industry, business, the future, education, anything. Just a bunch of hot air. What is your plan for improving our community? Kicking the gays and hispanics out? Then what?

Even if global warming was not real, which is strange considering we have 12,000 journal articles supporting it, then what?

Do we curb our use of fossil fuels anyway so that we don't have to keep taking over countries in sand-land?

Do we curb the use of coal anyway to stop the mercury pollution and why I cant eat my fish?

Do we continue to make cars more efficient so that we don't have to rely on foreign oil as much?

The end options seem to be the same whether you believe in agw, believe in 'natural' gw, or just blatantly ignore the increasing temperatures and hide in your fallout shelter posting to the internet while waiting on Jesus to come back.

You keep saying things about being liberal. If you are actually a conservative, shouldn't you be conserving something, rather than burning it all into nothingness? The liberal use of our finite resources seems.... like what the 'conservatives' are set on doing? Why do you get to decide what to do with my air over my land?

If wind is the cheapest energy source, what does that have to do with being liberal or conservative?

If we all think pollution is bad, why are we doing it?

If we can all agree that in order to make this country a better place we need to ween ourselves from foreign energy sources.... and expensive fossil fuels.... why the hell can't we do it?

Is it because you want to 'stick it to the black loving gay sex sinning global warming believing liberals'? Are you a angry white male with nothing better to do than shit on other peoples lives and prevent the progress of an entire nation?
                      • Human Caused global warming is real.
                      • CO2 IS in fact a primary climate driver (and yet another source:)
                      • Blacks, Gays, Muslims, and yes even Baptists with their horrible divorce rate all deserve the same treatment under law.
                      • It is our duty to help the poor and the sick because that is what jesus would do. It is our duty to help crackheads off the street and get people back on their feet. It is NOT our duty to pay you a welfare check to have kids and watch tv. Still not sure the best way to do this, but it is the right thing to do.
                      • We have got to stop using foreign oil. In my state, we have got to stop using foreign (to us) coal. We can't keep shipping our money to some other place and expect it to keep coming back here. Fixing this issue will fix a lot of the pollution/climate change issues as well.

Comment

Live in Minnesota and then explain global warming.

It snowed in May.

Comment

it's called climate change - doesn't mean it can't snow, or that some places would be cooler than average at any given point in time.

actually, I think it's the whole concept of "average" that seems to escape people. isn't that like grade 4 math?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Since when does 3910 of 11994 = 97%?

Comment

Quick guys, change the subject back to something that was already disproven so we can maintain arguments!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Quick guys, change the subject back to something that was already disproven so we can maintain arguments!

Ignore list FTW

Comment

Working...
                                X