Missing Flight MH370 777-200

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Your #1, I understand it is "out of the way", but come on, are you telling me, in the world of $600 toilet seats that the US Gov didn't make sure all their strategic sites had the ability to oversee the other? They spent the money, and their systems overlap. Years ago, the gov said that Southern Asia is the next area to watch, so I'm sure they are watching.

    #2, I just posted a link, didn't say I bought it, just bring all the info I find to the table.

    And, if you look back, I already said this reminded me of Stephen King's The Langoliers. They flew through a tear in time.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Langoliers
    Homie, they don't sit there watching civil aircraft. We haven't done that since the Cold War. We probably do it in the Gulf still, though.

    If there was a distress call, then sure, but there wasn't. I'm not saying they didn't see it, I'm saying they didn't watch it. Going through that data is arduous and whatever turns up needs to be verified.

    But still, the Indian Ocean is vast. Like, vast. It's entirely possible the plane was out of coverage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    A quote from a pilot that rings true with what I said above, the home sim is fishy. But my practice statement seems to discredit terrain masking

    The photo's I have seen of the Captains sim indicate to me it is little more than a toy.

    I do NOT understand why someone with as much experience as this guy flying the real thing would build such a box, let alone use it! He could have used the Sim's at work, clearly he was senior enough to probably even bring friends in if he particularly wanted to.

    I understand fighter combat sims and the like - they are good fun, but it is always acknowledged they are toys. In fact the 'good' sims to my mind are the ones that don't pretend to be anything else.

    I accept there might be weirdo anorak wearing pilots out there who might want to make a cardboard (although cardboard is accurate, and most pilots have used them in basic training), milk carton, string and elastic band box painted to look like the one you are forced to spend 1000 hours a year in, but in 30 years I have NEVER met one personally. He clearly spent money on it, and for what it is its no doubt good, but if you have kids and don't fly I would liken it to something 'Mr Maker' on TV would create in comparison to a real FFS, let alone the aircraft.

    That sim would give you basic terrain awareness - though no more than Google Earth and I would assume Flight Management Computer functions. NOTHING else would even remotely be like 'the real thing' nor even the 'real' MAS sim the guy could access whenever he wanted to. Any 'practice' he would get from that construction would be considered (IMHO) 'Negative Training'. In other words, using it would lessen your physical flying skills on the 'real thing'.

    Ive got 15,000 odd hours in Boeings and extra in full flight sims. The last thing I would be doing is building one at home so I can pretend I am at work when I am at home. I have enough manuals to read already without having to create others myself to explain to me how to fly a box I built for fun

    As an aside, I spoke with a mate of mine who flies tripplers and I asked him how his gold stealing plans are progressing. He said he would have 50-60 tonnes on board every time he takes off from one particular airport but T7's are actually quite hard to hide. He's not giving the problem his full attention obviously, but it's not something you would just wake up one night and think 'Ive got a really great idea to try sometime'...

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    Farbio


    haha!

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by SGT4677
    The transponders don't hold the coding.It is either hardwired into the aircraft or coded through dip switches. I don't recall exactly how the 777 is setup but probably to change the code you would have to access a panel in the forward cargo bay. There is no direct access to the transponders in flight on the 777.
    So, you are saying the code isn't in the device?

    http://sarasotaavionics.com/category...s-transponders

    So, when people put a transponder into their Cessna, the code is somewhere in the plane? No.

    Turn off the on-board in-panel unit, then turn on a carry-on. The thing is the size of a car stereo, it's not like the other side can tell how big something is by it's transponder.

    If you noted, I shifted from swapping transponders, to spoofing with a carry on. That can be done. Right?


    EDIT: Next thought, as to not waste two posts....

    Australia will lead a search of the remote southern Indian Ocean for a missing Malaysian jet liner, its prime minister said on Monday, amid mounting evidence the plane's disappearance was a meticulously planned act of sabotage or hijacking.


    Sounds like they went north. A flight sim would be nice to practice terrain masking, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • SGT4677
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Unless they were ahead of the game and hardwired a different transponder and spoofed their way through airspace with a second plane that was not wheels up so they could fly through airspace as something else. Then, fly transponder back on another plane, then hook it back to original plane. Now you have a plane hidden in plain site. Or is it in plane site? ;)
    The transponders don't hold the coding.It is either hardwired into the aircraft or coded through dip switches. I don't recall exactly how the 777 is setup but probably to change the code you would have to access a panel in the forward cargo bay. There is no direct access to the transponders in flight on the 777.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    I flew 120k miles last year on civil and military aircraft. I've flown 40k already this year.

    Where is your experience?

    (only applies if you're referring to me...rawr)
    my point was the guys who fly in and out of these atolls and have been stationed there have chimed in some, yet you seem to discount them. And the point being that Anderson and Diego can see to each others area of influence.

    Your telling me that we can collect and store all the cell phone and digital correspondence of 300m American citizens every day and many international transfers of data, but we cant store what a blip on a radar screen did a week ago with in the scope of 2 of the most advanced air and orbital observation facilities on the planet. Yeah Ok............ I suspect the US military knows about just about all the shit in the air at a given time civi, military, or commercial. it might not be noticed in "real time" but I am sure the data is there. Like I have said much much more is known about this incident that we are being told......


    You flying on a plane is not the same as flying the fucking thing or working as critical crew now is it......... I fly a fair amount but not to that extent.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-16-2014, 06:38 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    My guess is it flew toward burma

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    1. Guam is not strategically placed for this. Guam is far away. Guam watches China. Guam watches North Korea. Guam watches the East China Sea. Guam does not necessarily watch civil air traffic out of KL. Diego Garcia, maybe. Chagos Islands, maybe. I'm sure whatever data they have is being reviewed. The point is they don't watch civil air traffic unless they need to. There was never any indication of a hijacking so any data will be retrospective. We weren't watching it happen in real time.

    2. No. No Taliban territory. The plane would have had to fly over India (almost all of India - a vast fucking country), then fly over Pakistan, then fly into Afghanistan. Indians would have picked it up and intercepted. Pakistan would have picked it up and intercepted. The US controls Afghanistan airspace - same thing.


    Next you'll be telling us it went through a wormhole.

    Your #1, I understand it is "out of the way", but come on, are you telling me, in the world of $600 toilet seats that the US Gov didn't make sure all their strategic sites had the ability to oversee the other? They spent the money, and their systems overlap. Years ago, the gov said that Southern Asia is the next area to watch, so I'm sure they are watching.

    #2, I just posted a link, didn't say I bought it, just bring all the info I find to the table.

    And, if you look back, I already said this reminded me of Stephen King's The Langoliers. They flew through a tear in time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I agree it's not top level stuff, if you look at the stuff on Viperpits.com, this is a kids toy.

    Fact of the matter is, did he spend hundreds of hours of his downtime working out a landing maneuver on an old airstrip somewhere, or was he just goofing off. I can say, if I work all day on cars, I don't come home to work on cars, unless I am engrossed and my lifes focus is this task and it's completion.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Farb that is why it should be refereed to as UN-common sense now-a-days. replaced by intellectualism gained solely from books while discounting those with real world experience .

    I flew 120k miles last year on civil and military aircraft. I've flown 40k already this year.

    Where is your experience?

    (only applies if you're referring to me...rawr)
    Last edited by einhander; 03-16-2014, 06:16 PM. Reason: 120k, not 140k - sorry

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    You are saying in such a hot-button area, that the two best known US Military installations are not strategically placed and have tech that allows their vision to overlap. I'm sorry, but I doubt the US has a deadzone down there.


    And,

    Was Flight 370 flown into a Taliban area?


    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11220825

    1. Guam is not strategically placed for this. Guam is far away. Guam watches China. Guam watches North Korea. Guam watches the East China Sea. Guam does not necessarily watch civil air traffic out of KL. Diego Garcia, maybe. Chagos Islands, maybe. I'm sure whatever data they have is being reviewed. The point is they don't watch civil air traffic unless they need to. There was never any indication of a hijacking so any data will be retrospective. We weren't watching it happen in real time.

    2. No. No Taliban territory. The plane would have had to fly over India (almost all of India - a vast fucking country), then fly over Pakistan, then fly into Afghanistan. Indians would have picked it up and intercepted. Pakistan would have picked it up and intercepted. The US controls Afghanistan airspace - same thing.


    Next you'll be telling us it went through a wormhole.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Farb that is why it should be refereed to as UN-common sense now-a-days. replaced by intellectualism gained solely from books while discounting those with real world experience .

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    All I see with that is an aviation enthusiast who works in the area he also most enjoys and had a rad home sim set up...I mean, I'm a pilot and I play sims at home all the time. Not on that level, but I can see it happening. You've seen some of the sweet rigs people build around forza/GT5 etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    That's nowhere near Guam, Farbio. Even if we could have been watching, its doubtful the dude at the screen even knew anything was up.

    You give the US way too much credit.
    You are saying in such a hot-button area, that the two best known US Military installations are not strategically placed and have tech that allows their vision to overlap. I'm sorry, but I doubt the US has a deadzone down there.


    And,

    Was Flight 370 flown into a Taliban area?


    Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    That's nowhere near Guam, Farbio. Even if we could have been watching, its doubtful the dude at the screen even knew anything was up.

    You give the US way too much credit.
    Last edited by einhander; 03-16-2014, 06:00 PM. Reason: forgot a word! stupid boy.

    Leave a comment:

Working...