Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    You sound like a whiny bitch, you know that right?
    I've decided to stop responding to douche bags, oops already broke my rule.

Comment

As far as the frontier mentality comment, that is not true.
      This mentality is more prominent where I come from, the sticks in Indiana. Also, the LARGE and I mean LARGE majority of people in Phoenix are not actually from here. I have lived here for 4 years now and have met enough people born and raised here to count on 1 hand. So no, this is not an "Arizona Factions" thing, or a "Frontier Mentality" thing.

Also, I agree with the shit slinging comment. Can we get back to the topic on hand. If you're here to criticize or poke at people can you please refrain from that. I'm asking nicely, please stop.
      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
        ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.
        You criticize me all the time.

I'll let you draw the conclusion from that.

Anyway, slaterd - have at it. No more comments from me on this one.
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
          You criticize me all the time.

I'll let you draw the conclusion from that.

Anyway, slaterd - have at it. No more comments from me on this one.
          Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Comment

Just saw a very interesting documentary on Netflix called "Collapse" regarding the impending doom of modern society. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching.

Comment

impending doom? based on what? bible prophecies?

this thread would serve more purpose without the tinfoil hattery. it has me thinking on what I should have in the house to protect the family, especially with winter coming.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That's why natural disasters started to become the topic in this thread. Something we should all be able to understand that will most likely happen.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  impending doom? based on what? bible prophecies?

this thread would serve more purpose without the tinfoil hattery. it has me thinking on what I should have in the house to protect the family, especially with winter coming.
                  I'm by no means an expert. I just thought it was an interesting film. It talks a lot about our dependancy on oil and how it effects almost everything in every industry out there. Also about how rapidly its running out. Nothing we haven't heard before, but it was an interesting take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    I've decided to stop responding to douche bags, oops already broke my rule.
                    Sick, sick burn brah.

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
                    I'm by no means an expert. I just thought it was an interesting film. It talks a lot about our dependancy on oil and how it effects almost everything in every industry out there. Also about how rapidly its running out. Nothing we haven't heard before, but it was an interesting take on it.
                    Ahhh, let me guess. Peak oil theory?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Sick, sick burn brah.

Ahhh, let me guess. Peak oil theory?

Ding ding ding! Kind of scary to think about I guess.

Comment

peak oil theory ignores that prices go up when resources get scarce which provides incentives for finding more and conserving. also, as we saw in 2008, oil prices aren't actually inelastic.

next!
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                          That's why natural disasters started to become the topic in this thread. Something we should all be able to understand that will most likely happen.
                          I think the "Bugout/Doomsday" in your thread title may be giving the wrong impression. ;)

Comment

Title changed to Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread to reduce the tin foil hat critics.

Comment

Ha! Got demoted to P&R...

Comment

I watched collapse, and it was a pretty interesting documentary.

For those who don't wanna watch it, yes it mentions peak oil theory but also population densities in wildlife. Like, if there's more population than food you'll have a sudden, drastic drop in population numbers. Basically implying that eventually all the food is gonna run out and 90% of the population is gonna die. All good theories.

There's just a few things the dude forgets to mention in his movie

1. Peak oil is (kinda) a myth. Peak cheap oil is a very real thing. Peak oil people say we only have 50 years of oil left, but peak cheap oil people are saying we've got at least 150 years of oil left. It's just that getting oil out of sand is (apparently, I know nothing about extracting oil) a real motherfucker.

2. The global population is expected to go on the decline within the next 50 odd years. That's global though... in alot of developed countries it's already an issue. Apparently it's so bad that alot of Euro countries are offering tax rebates & incentives if you have kids. And then you've got all of Japan's "seriously, you young people really need to start getting it on" PSA campaigns.

It's an interesting documentary, slight tinfoilery, but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X