Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

That fact is not lost on many of us here

#Commonsense Racecar Regulation @ stop the Mods........ #This is a discussion we must have in this nation right now
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-09-2016, 05:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Incrementally chip away at anything that isn't PC anymore until the only people that do it are an ostracized minority. Guns haven't been PC for a long time now, liking cars isn't PC anymore either. In the name of progress, it's easy to do something like this, though I don't think it will happen now, or any time too soon. Automotive modification is a multi-billion dollar industry that still has quite a bit of clout. Look to Europe and Australia, there are countries/provinces where it is comparatively extremely difficult and expensive to modify street cars legally, but they still "allow" racing and race cars.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Yeah, the EPA takes orders from the office of the President. So be sure you choose wisely.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I was just thinking - vehicles imported here are exempt from EPA regulations after they are 21 years or older. Doesn't this apply to all other motor vehicles as well? If so, wouldn't a vehicle such as the M30 e30 mentioned earlier be exempt?
          IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
            I was just thinking - vehicles imported here are exempt from EPA regulations after they are 21 years or older. Doesn't this apply to all other motor vehicles as well? If so, wouldn't a vehicle such as the M30 e30 mentioned earlier be exempt?
            They may be exempt from your state emissions testing, but they are not exempt from EPA regs (federal law). It's just impossible to enforce.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            - updated 3-17

Comment

If that is the case, why are vehicles such as M40 powered tourings, which were never certified for US emissions compliance, allowed to be imported? (Not that I'm complaining, I'm all for more euro-spec stuff coming over here) If it applies to imported vehicles, wouldn't it also apply to vehicles already here?
              IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

EPA trying to outlaw legal racing.

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                Yeah, so this bill would close my business. They can suck my dick.

Exactly. This bill would effectively null and void everything I'm going to school to do. Off to a new profession. Honestly though why doesn't this country just adopt communism they seem to be trying to get as close to the fucking thing with out being called it. Id just move over seas f this place haha.

Edit:

Also for a country that is all about building industries and creating jobs. They would be doing the exact opposite. You ban racing then all your fri/sat night under light dirt tracks would be closed. Doing all this would trickle down into other industries. For example companies that stock concessions would take a major hit with out having those Friday and sat nights every weekend in the summer. You ban racing and all the indy/speed shops that build race cars will be shut down along with all the shops that specialize in building parts for the race cars because they will have no one to buy their parts. They ban racing and mods to vehicles they will be seeing a whole lot more then lower emissions thats for damn sure. First guns now race cars. This isn't the united states of america this is soviet fucking Russia
                Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 02-09-2016, 06:04 PM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Its 25 years and as of NOW yes for federal import but in places where emmisons are enforced by the states you are still subjected to state regs for that.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

If that is the case, why are vehicles such as M40 powered tourings, which were never certified for US emissions compliance, allowed to be imported? (Not that I'm complaining, I'm all for more euro-spec stuff coming over here) If it applies to imported vehicles, wouldn't it also apply to vehicles already here?
                    25 year import rule (stupid). It's still technicality illegal to remove the emissions equipment from a federalized car no matter the age AFAIK.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Exactly. This bill would effectively null and void everything I'm going to school to do.
                      It would put me out of business.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        It would put me out of business.

Gimme a couple year it would put me out of business too.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This is so bizzare.
                          Then watch, the 'compromise' will be that every racecar has to have some special odometer and you're going to get taxed up the ass for every mile.

And then it'll progress to a similar, though lesser, tax on any car's mileage over 25 years old, then 10, then EVERY car on the ROAD.... Boom. Monopoly, cash windfall for those twats.

Or, we'll have the equivent of racecar witch hunts, where everyone is required to limit emmissions with mega restrictive cats... And HP/ engine size limitations. Imagine if they made all your track cars pass smog!

Oh well, EPA, try and take it!!!! Lol

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Born from prohibition, aborted by EPA.

When will they learn that when you try to stop the will of the people, it doesn't end up how you envisioned.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

True

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Exactly. This bill would effectively null and void everything I'm going to school to do. Off to a new profession. Honestly though why doesn't this country just adopt communism they seem to be trying to get as close to the fucking thing with out being called it. Id just move over seas f this place haha.
                                In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal")[1][2] is a social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon thecommon ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money,[3][4] and the state.[5][6]

How does communism have anything to do with the EPA or auto racing regulations? Let's try to be more accurate when throwing out social movements. This would be some form of statism, like Totalitarianism. Which, some might argue, already exists in far too many ways in the USA.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X