Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Y'all don't even know how good you have it here.

Turn off your TV and go outside in the real world and you'll notice how good things are.

Next time I go to Syria, I'll take you with me, but make sure not to look at Assads goons, or bad mouth him, because there's no saving you when they pick you up.

I'm glad we, the former "leader of the free world", are doing better than Syria in your estimation. That's a really good benchmark.

Any other countries we're doing better than?
    cars beep boop

Comment

He is just spouting off like usual, but if you really think that he will not leave office if he lost is a pretty wild speculation and how we would even manage to do that is beyond me..

He's not a dictator.

You know nothing about that, I can bet you that.

Everyone calls trump a fascist dictator, but I can bet non of you boys ever even had a taste about what that's like.

Bots.

Y'all don't even know how good you have it here.

Turn off your TV and go outside in the real world and you'll notice how good things are.

Next time I go to Syria, I'll take you with me, but make sure not to look at Assads goons, or bad mouth him, because there's no saving you when they pick you up.

Relativism doesn't mean wrong is right. Relativism doesn't make corruption or lying or ineptitude okay.

We can always be a much better, fairer, equitable and just Country, as well as in our communities. We don't have to settle for "it's just how things are". There is massive room for improvement.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Mail in voting does NOT lead to fraud?

Did you even read the article I linked?

Mail in and absentee certainly does/can cause fraud, I lived it locally.
        yeah, well, Florida, lol. I've read about that one, and I think there have been other incidents like that down there. But that it not only obvious, it is also completely avoidable with a transparent process.

When you go to a polling place and use an electronic voting machine (which is basically a black box), you also have no way to know if your vote went through or was counted for your side. At least a mail ballot has a paper trail.

The real point is trust (and transparency) in our voting system is really important - it's important to all elections, actually. Trump will not actually be able to bypass the election, but that doesn't mean he won't try to de-legitimize the results, eroding trust and causing permanent damage to our system.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ad hominem attacks. yawn.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What talking point is bullshit?
            "Systemic Racism doesn't exist", for one. How blind to the world around you do you have to be to not see the obvious social issues that plague our nation? I'm not saying that it's not worse out there, but to say it doesn't exist here is plain ignorant.

However, I was referring more to marshall.
            88 325i Cabrio
            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Mail in voting does NOT lead to fraud?

Did you even read the article I linked?

Mail in and absentee certainly does/can cause fraud, I lived it locally.
              I don't know the break on how each state processes mail in voting, but I think that those states that use pure machine based ballots, as in you load the ballot one way only and it gets fed in to a machine without a human looking at it, are on the right track. Clearly, mail in ballots are more susceptible to errors in completion, and not being counted by simple dint of processing faults in the system, but as long as people can choose either in person or mail in for any reason I think we will be okay.

OTOH, anyone that had my name, DOB, maybe address, and knew my polling place could vote in my stead as we have no ID check in MD in person. But mail in ballots are individually keyed, and are probably fairly secure as long as the database of assigned numbers remains secure.

Personally, I prefer to vote in person as I like the interaction with my fellow citizens, and 100% of the time people have been civil at the polling place even when politics are discussed.

Whatever the case, if we had mandatory registration and voting that did not require presence at a polling place I think we'd be in a better place as far as representation of the voting populace.

Comment

Hominem? You should look that def up cowboy.

Wow, talk about the point going over all your heads,

I'm not comparing the state of our country to where I'm from.

I calling out the bullshit that Trump is "fascist dictator" and comparing it to an actual dictator...

A comparison of the leader of the free world to an actual dictator was not a benchmark to our overall status.

Of course we can do better..

Way to twist what I said around..

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hominem? You should look that def up cowboy.

Wow, talk about the point going over all your heads,

I'm not comparing the state of our country to where I'm from.

I calling out the bullshit that Trump is "fascist dictator" and comparing it to an actual dictator...

A comparison of the leader of the free world to an actual dictator was not a benchmark to our overall status.

Way to twist what I said around..
                  So, for some thought...

How do you think it starts? Do you think one day a country just suddenly turns into a dictatorship? If the conversation is getting started without mass pushback from his own followers, then that's a succeeded experiment right there. He consistently pushes the envelope to suggest things like that. What's worse? He's serious when he says these things. What's even worse? His followers eat it up.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

So, for some thought...

How do you think it starts? Do you think one day a country just suddenly turns into a dictatorship? If the conversation is getting started without mass pushback from his own followers, then that's a succeeded experiment right there. He consistently pushes the envelope to suggest things like that. What's worse? He's serious when he says these things. What's even worse? His followers eat it up.
                    The thought that america would allow a dictatorship to come to power is absolutely ludicrous.

Like seriously.

it's difficult to even entertain such an idea... but.. I'll say this.

it def doesn't start with half the population hating them, I'll tell you that.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                      4. I know very few that actually support burning of buildings or rioting in general. Also, most cases of escalation have not actually been from the side of the actual protesters.

7. Yes, war. Sounds like something a conservative would like. But hey, isn't a good chunk of shootings/domestic terrorism from the alt-right, anyways?
                      Police identify ‘Umbrella Man’ as associate of Hell’s Angels, white supremacists
                      https://www.ajc.com/news/police-iden...ENHMCUHN6ZTLY/

These are the actual kinds of people that want to burn shit (the same kind of people marshall and burgundy look up to, apparently). I have never supported people looting or damaging private or federal property, and have said so multiple times. They are a small minority of the protests that are happening, and it's funny when it turns out a lot of them are actually alt-right goons just trying to stir up shit.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That accurately describes so much of what we do in the USA, but it seems like lately people are unwilling to make any change lest it benefit the other side of whatever even slightly, and that's disheartening in the extreme.

Comment

The thought that america would allow a dictatorship to come to power is absolutely ludicrous.

Like seriously.

it's difficult to even entertain such an idea... but.. I'll say this.

it def doesn't start with half the population hating them, I'll tell you that.
                          You'd be surprised at how well a slow transition can completely flip even the most set-in norms. Look at the things happening right now. Multiple constitutional checks and balances have failed. Partisanship plagues our government and the decisions they make. The very basis for what we should stand for has been slowly eroded over the years to favor some of those up top. People get outraged, but what happens? Nothing. They get put back in line. It is widely understood that there are much worse places, but make no mistake, we are NOT immune.
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

These are the actual kinds of people that want to burn shit (the same kind of people marshall and burgundy look up to, apparently). I have never supported people looting or damaging private or federal property, and have said so multiple times. They are a small minority of the protests that are happening, and it's funny when it turns out a lot of them are actually alt-right goons just trying to stir up shit.
                            sigh..

more assumptions..

I literally can't believe you're telling me, an arab muslim boy, looks up to a white supremacist.

just wow...

and i'm going to go out on a limb and say a white guy is telling me that.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I had a manager at a place I worked at in college(SE Kansas) that said he rolled with the Hell's Angels. I was the only non-white-looking person there, but I had a good work ethic and was happy to do what they asked. Guy fucking hated me. He did a couple things to me that I didn't realize until years later could've gotten him into a bit of legal trouble. He also told a place I was trying to get hired at that I slept on the job so I wouldn't get hired. This was like 2 years after I worked there.
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

I literally can't believe you're telling me, an arab muslim boy, looks up to a white supremacist.
                                we're just reading your posts here, bud. I don't really give a shit what kind of boy you are, your worldview is hopelessly narrow.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X