Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adios Nobel!

Trump cancels Pompeo trip to North Korea, cites lack of 'sufficient progress' on denuclearization

President Donald Trump on Friday announced that he had asked his secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, to cancel a planned trip to North Korea because there had not been enough progress in talks so far.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula...

10:36 AM - Aug 24, 2018
    7,586 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    · 25m
    I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    ...Additionally, because of our much tougher Trading stance with China, I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were (despite the UN Sanctions which are in place)...

3,095 people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    · 25m
    Replying to @realDonaldTrump
    ...Additionally, because of our much tougher Trading stance with China, I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were (despite the UN Sanctions which are in place)...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    ...Secretary Pompeo looks forward to going to North Korea in the near future, most likely after our Trading relationship with China is resolved. In the meantime I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chairman Kim. I look forward to seeing him soon!

5,598 people are talking about this
    Trump's tweets suggested that his decision was motivated in part by unrelated trade talks that took place this week between the U.S. and China, and he said talks with North Korea would be put on hold until trade issues with China were resolved.

The State Department did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

“You do not want to give Jeff Bezos a seven-year head start.”
    Hear what else Buffett has to say

The announcement came just one day after Pompeo announced that he would visit North Korea to continue negotiations over the country's nuclear disarmament.

Also this week, Pompeo named Stephen Biegun, a former George W. Bush administration official and Ford Motor Co.executive, as the U.S. State Department's special representative for North Korea.

"It's a very timely moment for Steve to join the team and come on board. He and I will be traveling to North Korea next week to make further diplomatic progress towards our objective," Pompeo said on Thursday.

He added that Biegun would direct the nation's policy toward North Korea and "lead our efforts to achieve President Trump's goal of the final, fully verified denuclearization of North Korea, as agreed to by Chairman Kim Jong Un."

However, a State Department spokeswoman asked about the trip on Thursday said Pompeo and Biegun did not plan to meet with Kim.

This is a developing story, please check back for updates.

--CNBC's Kevin Breuninger contributed to this report.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Who wouldn't be worried about penile leaks?
      Attached Files

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I liked animal crackers better. lol
        Attached Files

Comment

past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Parker, stop feeding the troll.

Originally posted by saucers View Post
            If it comes out that trump worked directly with Russia to better his chances to win the election, be honest, would you even care?
            No, he would not.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
              Parker, stop feeding the troll.

No, he would not.
              I thought I was tilting at windmills.

Vlad & Trump could go on a Baltic vakay and agree to give back Alaska and Trumper's would say it was fine.
              Last edited by parkerbink; 08-24-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

First of many I reckon...

Exclusive: Ex-Trump World Tower doorman releases 'catch-and-kill' contract about alleged Trump affair

A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.

​​​​​​​(CNN)A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.

On Friday, Marc Held -- the attorney for Dino Sajudin, the former doorman -- said his client had been released from his contract with AMI, the parent company of the National Enquirer, "recently" after back-and-forth discussions with AMI.
                CNN has exclusivelywafflesobtained a copy of the "source agreement"wafflesbetween Sajudin and AMI, which is owned by David Pecker.
                The contract appears to have been signed on Nov. 15, 2015, and states that AMI has exclusive rights to Sajudin's story but does not mention the details of the story itself beyond saying, "Source shall provide AMI with information regarding Donald Trump's illegitimate child..."
                The contract states that "AMI will not owe Source any compensation if AMI does not publish the Exclusive..." and the top of the agreement shows that Sajudin could receive a sum of $30,000 "payable upon publication as set forth below."
                But the third page of the agreement shows that about a month later, the parties signed an amendment that states that Sajudin would be paid $30,000 within five days of receiving the amendment. It says the "exclusivity period" laid out in the agreement "is extended in perpetuity and shall not expire."
                The amendment also establishes a $1 million payment that Sajudin would be responsible for making to AMI "in the event Source breaches this provision."
                "Mr. Sajudin has been unable to discuss the circumstances regarding his deal with American Media Inc. and the story that he sold to them, due to a significant financial penalty," Held told CNN. "Just recently, AMI released Mr. Sajudin from the terms of his agreement and he is now able to speak about his personal experience with them, as well as his story, which is now known to be one of the 'catch and kill' pieces. Mr. Sajudin hopes the truth will come out in the very near future."
                In April,wafflesSajudin told CNNwaffleshe claims to have knowledge of a relationship Trump had with his former housekeeper that resulted in a child.
                At the time, AMI called Sajudin's story "not credible" and denied any connection between the story and Trump and his then-personal attorney Michael Cohen.
                The White House did not respond to CNN's requests for comments in April.
                CNN has contacted AMI to clarify whether Sajudin has now been released from the contract to be able to speak on terms of the agreement and to seek reaction on this latest development, but has yet to receive a response.
                Sajudin's allegation that Trump fathered a child out of wedlock has not been independently confirmed by any of the outlets that have investigated the story.
                Held said he cannot give the exact date the agreement was terminated, per another agreement the attorney made with AMI in order to get his client out of the contract.
                Held said that now that Sajudin has been released from the agreement with AMI, hewaffleswould no longer be liable for a payment for speaking out.
                "He's a blue-collar worker and a million dollars would have ruined him for life," Held told CNN.
                What the doorman claims to know

When the story surfaced in April, Sajudin told CNN about the alleged relationship in a statement:
                "Today I awoke to learn that a confidential agreement that I had with AMI (The National Enquirer) with regard to a story about President Trump was leaked to the press. I can confirm that while working at Trump World Tower I was instructed not to criticize President Trump's former housekeeper due to a prior relationship she had with President Trump, which produced a child."
                ThewafflesAssociated Press reported in Aprilwafflesthat Cohen "acknowledged to the AP that he had discussed Sajudin's story with the magazine when the tabloid was working on it. He said he was acting as a Trump spokesman when he did so and denied knowing anything beforehand about the Enquirer payment to the ex-doorman."
                Cohen pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of tax fraud, false statements to a bank and campaign finance violations tied to his work for Trump.
                In that deal, he pleaded guilty to paying $130,000 to former adult film star Stormy Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, to conceal her story of an alleged affair with Trump. He also pleaded guilty to working with AMI to pay off former Playboy model Karen McDougal in a similar "catch and kill" agreement in order to keep her allegations of an affair with Trump from being published. Trump has denied an affair with both women.
                Pecker has received immunity in the Cohen case for providing details of the payments to prosecutors, a source confirmed to CNN on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Adios Nobel!

Trump cancels Pompeo trip to North Korea, cites lack of 'sufficient progress' on denuclearization

President Donald Trump on Friday announced that he had asked his secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, to cancel a planned trip to North Korea because there had not been enough progress in talks so far.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

7,586 people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
                  · 25m

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

3,095 people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
                  · 25m
                  Replying to @realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
                  ...Secretary Pompeo looks forward to going to North Korea in the near future, most likely after our Trading relationship with China is resolved. In the meantime I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chairman Kim. I look forward to seeing him soon!

5,598 people are talking about this
                  Trump's tweets suggested that his decision was motivated in part by unrelated trade talks that took place this week between the U.S. and China, and he said talks with North Korea would be put on hold until trade issues with China were resolved.

The State Department did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

“You do not want to give Jeff Bezos a seven-year head start.”
                  Hear what else Buffett has to say

The announcement came just one day after Pompeo announced that he would visit North Korea to continue negotiations over the country's nuclear disarmament.

Also this week, Pompeo named Stephen Biegun, a former George W. Bush administration official and Ford Motor Co.executive, as the U.S. State Department's special representative for North Korea.

"It's a very timely moment for Steve to join the team and come on board. He and I will be traveling to North Korea next week to make further diplomatic progress towards our objective," Pompeo said on Thursday.

He added that Biegun would direct the nation's policy toward North Korea and "lead our efforts to achieve President Trump's goal of the final, fully verified denuclearization of North Korea, as agreed to by Chairman Kim Jong Un."

However, a State Department spokeswoman asked about the trip on Thursday said Pompeo and Biegun did not plan to meet with Kim.

This is a developing story, please check back for updates.

--CNBC's Kevin Breuninger contributed to this report.
                  You do realize that this ties into NK's big brother(China) and the tariffs right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                    You do realize that this ties into NK's big brother(China) and the tariffs right?
                    You do realize NK never agreed to anything and never did anything right?

Comment

Here's a nice fuck you Trump from beyond the grave!

McCain’s final words: ‘Do not despair our present difficulties’

“My fellow Americans, whom I have gratefully served for sixty years, and especially my fellow Arizonans,

“Thank you for the privilege of serving you and for the rewarding life that service in uniform and in public office has allowed me to lead. I have tried to serve our country honorably. I have made mistakes, but I hope my love for America will be weighed favorably against them.

“I have often observed that I am the luckiest person on earth. I feel that way even now as I prepare for the end of my life. I have loved my life, all of it. I have had experiences, adventures and friendships enough for ten satisfying lives, and I am so thankful. Like most people, I have regrets. But I would not trade a day of my life, in good or bad times, for the best day of anyone else’s.

“I owe that satisfaction to the love of my family. No man ever had a more loving wife or children he was prouder of than I am of mine. And I owe it to America. To be connected to America’s causes – liberty, equal justice, respect for the dignity of all people – brings happiness more sublime than life’s fleeting pleasures. Our identities and sense of worth are not circumscribed but enlarged by serving good causes bigger than ourselves.

“‘Fellow Americans’ – that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world’s greatest republic, a nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and are a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the process.

“We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been.

“We are three-hundred-and-twenty-five million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates. But we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country we will get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do.

“Ten years ago, I had the privilege to concede defeat in the election for president. I want to end my farewell to you with the heartfelt faith in Americans that I felt so powerfully that evening.

“I feel it powerfully still.

“Do not despair of our present difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.

“Farewell, fellow Americans. God bless you, and God bless America.”

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                        Here's a nice fuck you Trump from beyond the grave!

McCain’s final words: ‘Do not despair our present difficulties’

I'm not sure that was worded strongly enough to be considered a "fuck you" to Trump specifically. There are undertones, but nothing I'd attribute a "fuck you" to it.

Nevertheless, very well written and hopefully more politicians take his word to heart. The optimist in me hopes so anyway, though the realist in me says not likely.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

This is precious.

In closed-door meeting, Trump told Christian leaders he got rid of a law. He didn't.

In a closed-doorwafflesmeeting with evangelical leaders Monday night, President Donald Trump repeated his debunked claim that he had gotten "rid of" a law forbidding churches and charitable organizations from endorsing political candidates, according to recorded excerpts reviewed by NBC News.

In fact, the law remains on the books, after efforts to kill it in Congress last year failed.

But Trump cited this alleged accomplishment as one in a series of gains he has made for his conservative Christian supporters, as he warned, "You're one election away from losing everything that you've got," and said their opponents were "violent people" who would overturn these gains "violently."

Trump addressed the law and the upcoming midterms in private remarks Monday duringwafflesa dinner with evangelical supporterswafflesatwafflesthe White Housewafflesafter the press had left.

At stake in the November midterms, Trump told the audience, are all the gains he has made for conservative Christians.

"The level of hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable," he said. "Part of it is because of some of the things I've done for you and for me and for my family, but I've done them. … This Nov. 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment."

If the GOP loses, he said, "they will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently, and violently. There's violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people."

The law that Trump says he got rid of is the so-called Johnson Amendment, a provision inserted into law in 1954 by then-senator and future President Lyndon Johnson of Texas, who was miffed that a conservative nonprofit group was helping his opponent.

The law says churches and charities "are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office."

"Now one of the things I'm most proud of is getting rid of the Johnson Amendment," the president said. "That was a disaster for you."

The president doesn't have the power to repeal a law — only Congress can do that. The Supreme Court can also rule a law unconstitutional, but that has not happened in this case.

In May 2017, Trump signed an executive order that purported to ease enforcement of the Johnson Amendment. But experts — and the American Civil Liberties Union, which opposes repeal of the provision — say the Trump order was basically toothless.

"It does almost nothing," Gregory Magarian, a constitutional law professor at Washington University Law School.

Politifact, the nonpartisan fact-checking organization, rated Trump's claim that he had gotten rid of the Johnson Amendmentwaffles"mostly false"waffleswhen he first made it publicly in July 2017.

The law forbids religious organizations and other charities from formally endorsing candidates if they want to retain their federal tax exemption.

Trump's executive order instructs the Treasury Department not to "take any adverse action against any individual, house of worship, or other religious organization on the basis that such individual or organization speaks or has spoken about moral or political issues from a religious perspective, where speech of similar character has, consistent with law, not ordinarily been treated as participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) a candidate for public office … "

In other words, religious organizations can express their religious views, as they always could — but still cannot formally participate in political campaigns.

Trump said to the religious leaders at the White House: "Now you're not silenced anymore. It's gone and there's no penalty anymore and if you like somebody or if you don't like somebody you can go out and say, 'This man is going to be great for evangelicals, or for Christianity or for another religion. This person is somebody that I like and I'm going to talk about it on Sunday."

In practice, there has been nothing stopping anyone from doing that. The Johnson Amendment doesn't prohibit individual speech, and it has rarely been enforced.

More than 2,000 mainly evangelical Christian clergy have deliberately violated the law since 2008 as a form of protest against it, but only one has been audited by the IRS, and none punished, according to the Alliance Defending Freedom,wafflesa pro-religious group.

A provision to overturn the amendment was included in last year's tax cut bill, but it was ultimately removed for procedural reasons.

Trump "doesn't have the legal authority to overturn the Johnson Amendment," Magarian said.

"You would think," Magarian added, "that the conservative religious leaders would get impatient at the continued repetition of that claim" that Trump has repealed it.

In the beginning of his private remarks to the evangelical leaders, Trump cited a comment he said was made by Robert Jeffress, a Southern Baptist leader who is one of his religious allies

"I had the great Robert Jeffress back there. Hello, Robert. Who said about me: He may not be the perfect human being, but he is the greatest leader for Christianity," Trump said to applause and laughter.

He added: "Hopefully I've proven that to be a fact in terms of the second part. Not the first part."

Later, Trump raised an issue that has become fodder forwaffleslate night comedy shows.

"Little thing — Merry Christmas. You couldn't say Merry Christmas," Trump said. "I'm telling you — when I started running I used to talk about it and I hate to mention it in August, but I used to talk about it. They don't say Merry Christmas anymore."

Trump added, to applause: "They say Merry Christmas a lot right now. It's all changed. It's all changed."

Comment

Silly tweet after silly tweet. False claim after false claim, Trump makes sure we get his point. "I'm a idiot". When will he learn to shut the f.ck up ?
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

What the f00k is wrong with him???

DONALD TRUMP TOLD JAPAN’S SHINZO ABE ‘I REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR’ AND THEN RIPPED THE PRIME MINISTER OVER TRADE DEALS: REPORT

President Donald Trump reportedly told Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the White House in June that he remembered Pearl Harbor and then ripped Abe for Japan’s trade and economic policies.

The conversation served as an unusual example of Trump lashing out at Abe, who has defended the president and served as his public ally,wafflesThe Washington Postwafflesreported Tuesday. Recently, however, Trump's negative opinions of Japan's trade practices, as well as a disagreement between the pair regarding the president's tactics in dealing with North Korea, have caused a rift, according to thewafflesPost.waffles

“I remember Pearl Harbor,” Trump reportedly told Abe as part of a tirade against the U.S. trade deficitwaffleswith Japan. The president reportedly wanted better deals to help U.S. car and beef producers.

Trump was referring to the Japanese attack on the Hawaiian base in 1941 that launched the U.S. into World War II. Although it's unclear what he actually meant by the remark, in the decades following the war, Japanwaffleshas had a limited military and served as home to a number of U.S. bases. Only in recent years has Japan expanded its military capabilities.

Such tough language toward Abe has been uncommon for the president.waffles

“I’ve never heard him [trash]-talk Abe. And you can’t say that about a lot of the world leaders,” one unnamed U.S. official told thewafflesPost.

Trump has criticized a number of world leaders and their economic policies while railing against what he has called unfair trade practices and the U.S.’s high number of trade deficits around the world.

Trump has met with Abe more times than he has any other world leader, including eight meetings and more than two dozen phone calls.

The president has also twice hosted Abe and his contingency at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, most recently in April and while Trump was working on a summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un.

Despite their apparent closeness, Trump was described as having “ignored” Abe’s advice on not ending military drills on the Korean Peninsula prior to June’s summit with Kim.

And now even Abe’s top advisers believe Trump is “uncontrollable,” even by Chief of Staff John Kelly, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis or national security adviser John Bolton, an unnamed source described as close to Abe toldwafflesthewafflesPost.

Comment

He's losing it... It looks like the idiot-in-chief is desperate and already knows Republicans will not win the majority in Congress at the midterm elections. Now he warns of violences if Dems win... Now what? Preaching Evangelicals that Armaggedon is upon them if Dems win?

President Donald Trump warned there will be "violence" if the Republicans lose their majority in Congress as a result of the 2018 midterms, in a recording no...
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X